Glove Testing Round #1

seems to me that those who are reviewing TM gloves seem to like them. i do believe that a TM glove (undecided on which one) is definitely on my radar.

thanks everyone for all the thoughts and opinions.

I played again yesterday and used both the Bridgestone and TM glove. The feel of the Bridgestone glove is so much better to me. It feels a lot thinner and a lot softer. Thinner may mean in the long run it will not hold up as well, but I definately prefer to have that glove on while playing. The Taylormade is not bad. I am still having a slight issue with the velcro coming undone. It gets kind of annoying. I will try to post some pictures tonight so you can see the wear on the gloves after they have been used a few times.

TC, I havent really loved FJ's in the past but Im really loving the StaSof. Reason is because it doesnt feel like thick glove. I remember you said you don't normally use gloves and it might be a good just because you won't have to adjust your grip pressure that much. Other than the finger issue (it came up again in practice) it's been a great glove. Nothing is coming apart yet or tearing which is nice! I really beat up the gloves haha. I'm starting to see why some people pay a little more for gloves.
seems to me that those who are reviewing TM gloves seem to like them. i do believe that a TM glove (undecided on which one) is definitely on my radar.

thanks everyone for all the thoughts and opinions.

TC, I havent really loved FJ's in the past but Im really loving the StaSof. Reason is because it doesnt feel like thick glove. I remember you said you don't normally use gloves and it might be a good just because you won't have to adjust your grip pressure that much. Other than the finger issue (it came up again in practice) it's been a great glove. Nothing is coming apart yet or tearing which is nice! I really beat up the gloves haha. I'm starting to see why some people pay a little more for gloves.

thanks man, i'll look into those as well. i need to find somewhere that stocks these in xxl for a Lefty. or perhaps i might just order a couple of different ones and see which ones work out the best. i'll put the stasof on this list yoccos, thanks.

Maybe I missed it, but is there much of a difference between the Pro and the Performance gloves? I have a pink Bionic glove (not sure which one it is though) but I really like it. Padding in all the right spots!

Yes, there is a huge difference. The Pro has padding but only in a few select places. The Performance has a lot more padding plus added terry cloth for wicking in the palm, the wrist area and the knuckles making it really thick.

Depending on what thickness you like, the WeatherSof is a great glove too. IMO, it's one of the best, if not the best, for all-around performance. It's a bit thicker than others, but still a soft leather. It actually performs better in heat for me than thinner gloves. Also, it is super durable (for me).

I'm also liking the Bionic Pro so far, and it looks like the other testers are too.

I made it out for a range session today and was able to use both gloves for an equal amount of time. If you missed my initial thought or pictures, they can be viewed in this post.

Conditions:
87° with a heat-index of 93°. Humidity 60% and Dew Point 70%. In other words, hot and sticky.

I hit a bucket of approximately 80 balls, so this was really just an initial test of these gloves. I will continue to update as I play more with each one.

Adidas Inertia:

As mentioned in the other post, this glove is a blend of cabretta leather and synthetic materials. It is pretty thick with some very tiny holes and some slightly larger holes for heat management.

First of all, I don't mind a slightly thicker glove. The glove I play now is on the thick side, but it is 100% leather. My opinion is that the thickness did not inhibit gripping the club or feel, though it is not as responsive as a thinner glove. However, the synthetic material, which is mostly noticeable on the inside of the glove, became very "squishy" feeling after a very short amount of time. As my hands sweated, the glove felt more and more moist and really kind of gross. I was not really into it. If I wasn't testing it, I would have quit using it altogether at that point. I think this glove would be much better suited for cooler temperatures. In fact, I think it would excel in them.

I have no report on the durability at this time as I only hit about 40 balls with it. It did stay clean.

Bionic Pro:

This glove is constructed of soft, thin leather and has fabric padding on the inside in specific spots that are designed to reduce grip pressure and improve ergonomics. Ironically, in my mind the Bionic would be considered a padded glove, but it is much thinner than the Adidas. I really do feel like the padding gave me a secure grip on the club while using my usual, light/medium hand pressure. I hit the ball just the same as normal, so the glove didn't magically increase my distance.

While wearing it, I noticed a cooler feeling on the back of my hand that was centered in the area that there is patch of blue fabric. It was actually pretty refreshing. My hands stayed cooler in this glove and the feel was not slimy, although my hand was still sweating. I don't think any glove could have prevented that today.

No thought on durability, but this glove didn't get dirty either.

My very early verdict is that I really like the Bionic and I'm looking forward to wearing it for my next round of golf. I'm not very excited to wear the Adidas, especially if it's hot out, but I will for the sake of testing.

Thanks for the review Hawk, I was very interested in the Adidas but after reading your post I think I will have to pass on it.

Thanks for the review Hawk, I was very interested in the Adidas but after reading your post I think I will have to pass on it.

There is another Adidas being tested that looks to be much different, One-T.

There is another Adidas being tested that looks to be much different, One-T.

Yeah I know, I just liked the look of the one you had. :)

After a few range sessions i have some feedback on both the Bionic Performance and Pro gloves. If you did not see my first post i put it in the Spoiler below so it would not take up as much room.

Conditions
Temperature: 95+ every time i used them
Humidity: anywhere from 60%-80% so a lot of sweating

Bionic Performance
I will be real honest i did not care for this glove. It was just to bulky for me around the finger areas and it messed with my grip, I could not get comfortable with it at all. However it did keep my hand cool and for the most part dry because of all the vents/slits in the glove. so far it has been pretty durable and does not seem to get to dirty, i like the looks of it better than the pro but like i said it just wasn't for me. The glove fit very nicely as far as tightness wise on my hand throughout the range session, I did not notice any stretching or anything like that with it. I still plan on using it so i can get some more info for all of you to read about it, and have a few other tests in mind.

Bionic Pro
This glove is great! it kept my hand nice and cool and when i took the glove off my hand it wasn't that sweaty at all which i liked a lot. The glove fits very nicely, a little tighter than than the performance but did not stretch or anything like that. It has some padding in the palm area as did the performance but i did not notice it while hitting. The glove stayed pretty clean for the most part just a little dirty in spots but that is expected, the only negative thing that i can see is some stitching coming loose and fraying in the palm area, its very minor and i plan on sniping it off and seeing what happens with some more testing on it. So far I am really happy with this glove and the way it performs in these very hot conditions we have been having.

I will do some more testing with both gloves and report back in a week or so and put up some pictures of each glove after i get some more wear on them. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Spoiler
Alright well i just got the gloves in about an hour ago and tried them on and messed around with him. I will give you the pictures first so you can see them before i start giving thoughts about them..
BIONIC PRO and BIONIC PERFORMANCE GLOVES

both gloves. Pro on the left, performance on the right.

IMG_0562.jpg

top of the Pro
IMG_0563.jpg

palm of the Pro
IMG_0564.jpg

top of the Performance
IMG_0565.jpg

palm of the Performance
IMG_0566.jpg

First initial thoughts.
I will describe the glove then list what it feels like on the club for both gloves.

BIONIC PERFORMANCE GLOVE
The glove reminded exactly like a baseball glove, it had added padding around the fingers and palm. The fit was perfect. it felt exactly like i wanted it to on my hand (tightness wise). It was bulky on my fingers because of the extra padding in the middle, ring, and pinky fingers. Has a lot of slits/vents (26 to be exact) in the palm, and fingers so that your hand can breathe and I really liked that because with the humidity and heat down here your hands sweat and this should allow for a lot of breathing for your hand. I really liked the looks of this better than the Pro, but it just reminded me so much of a baseball glove and I am not sure how this is going to turn out on the course because i like to feel the grip and not have padding in the way on the fingers, the rest of the glove was fine just the finger area part. little more on this glove down below...

BIONIC PERFORMANCE GLOVE AND THOUGHTS ABOUT IT ON THE CLUB
Alright i put it on, grabbed the 7 iron and headed outside to swing some. As soon as i took my grip it did not feel very good to me, felt really weird and bulky, it made me try to grip the club harder so i could get the feel of the grip instead of that bulkiness in the middle, ring and pinky fingers. you can see in the pictures how the glove is different there in those fingers than the rest of the glove and that's where the bulky feel came from. The slits on the fingers where kind of annoying but not terribly bad. Like i said it reminded me a lot of a baseball glove which i was used to but did not know how i would like that on a golf club. so far not real good for me and what i like in a golf glove but still a lot of testing to be done. just need a little time getting used to it.

BIONIC PRO GLOVE
When i first saw the package that it came in, i said "this must be a nice glove if it gets its own special box" so i was really excited to get it out and try it on. Its a simple glove, not crazy with colors just some black and blue on there and a clean look. It fits a tad tighter than the performance did but not a whole lot that would make a big difference. It has small holes in the index, thumb, and pinky fingers and also has slits for breathing. (see pictures above). Does not have that bulky feel that i got with the performance glove. it has some padding in the upper palm area that you can notice but its not annoying at all.

BIONIC PRO GLOVE AND THOUGHTS ABOUT IT ON THE CLUB
Slipped this bad boy on after I swung a few times with the performance and immediately it just felt better and what i wanted in a glove. Did not have the bulky finger parts like i felt in the other glove and just felt nice. I picked up the 7 iron and took my grip and swung it around a few times trying out a few times and it really impressed me. Now it also has slits in it but they are not as big as whats in the performance glove nor as bulky feeling so i really did not notice them that much. The only complaint i have so far is that the black slit things between the fingers kind of bunch up when i take my grip and make it feel a little weird between there, but its manageable and not really a huge annoying feel just something i thought i would point out. you can see the black slits between the fingers in the picture so you know what I am talking about.

Comparing them to my current Taylormade React glove both bionic's are thicker than it, but they also fit better on my hand (tightness wise) and all three are medium sized gloves. I can also tell that both the performance and pro will last a lot longer than what a brand new TM react glove would, and I hope they do because of the price difference. They are not cheap but they're very very well made gloves and i understand why they're priced higher.

Im excited to test them out some more and see how they do in the Texas heat/humidity, and other factors. I will have another review in a couple of days or so. thanks for reading!

Nice Bridges, thanks

yeah, nice review bridges. thanks for being honest.

Excellent info being shared here. Good job on all the write ups and reviews!

I will be putting the gloves through the paces once again this weekend. So far my favorite is the Pure Touch over the SofJoy. I just love the fit and the tackiness lets me have a lower grip pressure. If I could put the ball marker on it that would be really great, but I realize this glove is aimed at lower handicaps and thats why it has a players look to it.

Thank you everybody for your continued reviews on teh gloves. I am glad that some have helped out and enjoyed the process. It is a shame some sign up for testing, get their goods, and then still do not post, but I am sure there is a good reason for that. If anybody has heard from a certain tester on the 1st page that has not made a single post about these, please let me know. PM's have been sent with no return.

Thank you everybody for your continued reviews on teh gloves. I am glad that some have helped out and enjoyed the process. It is a shame some sign up for testing, get their goods, and then still do not post, but I am sure there is a good reason for that. If anybody has heard from a certain tester on the 1st page that has not made a single post about these, please let me know. PM's have been sent with no return.

what a bummer! that sucks.

the reviews that i've read so far have been awesome. thanks to everyone for posting their thoughts.

Hopefully they get something up soon.

I really liked the idea of compiling the info and organizing it for the front page once the testing is complete.

Hopefully they will chime in soon. I love being a part of this and hope someone finds some benefit from my reviews. I'm sure everyone else involved feels the same according to their reports. Theres alot of good info here so far for sure.

Great stuff so far everyone. I am in the market for a glove, so this thread is working wonders on my recent lack of spending.

SAD DAY
Took the POW NOONAN to the range today just for about thirty minutes no full swings just some knock downs and different short game shots, well RIP NOONAN... the glove felt great it really had a good feel i just dont know if they sized it too small or if this line was poorly manufactured but it ripped all the way up the palm, i will post pics when i get home to GA. i have one more round here in Myrtle Beach, hoping to get some work done with the Adidas Exert

Ok, finished playing my round today. Here is some more info:
Course - Lake Jovita, South, Dade City, FL
Temp - 95*, humid, no rain

My Grips - On my irons and 3-wood, I use the Golf Pride Decade MultiCompound. On driver and wedges, I use the Golf Pride DD2 grips. I will probably change all my grips to the Decade Multi Compound. I did not notice a performance difference for either glove when using different grips

I shot 82 today - 41/41. I used the Foot Joy Spider2 on the front, and the Taylor Made on the back. I did hit more fairways and greens on the front, but I don't think the glove had anything to do with it.

Foot Joy Spider2:
I surprisingly liked this glove more than I thought I would. As I said earlier, many years ago I played the original Spider, and I felt it was too thick. The new Spider however is fairly thin (more on that later under the Taylor Made review), and I did not have any problem with touch/wedge shots. This glove also fit me perfectly. The looks are a little busy, but not overly distracting. I never experienced any slippage, although I don't think the Spider2 grip technology played into that (I want to test with some wet weather). Additionally, the glove looks almost as new now after playing as it did when coming out of the box. I attribute this to the fact that the palm and finger material is kind of a grey which hides the discoloration which is normally transferred from the grips.

Taylor Made Tour Preferred:
I liked this glove also, although the fit was on the tight side. It was not too tight to be annoying when wearing, but tight enough that at times when putting, I decided to leave it on because it was a pain to get on and off. I never leave on my glove when putting, and was a little concerned when doing so. I can report however, that this glove is so thin that I did not lose any feeling when putting, and actually made my 2 longest putts of the day when wearing it! As for durability, so far/so good. I hit about 50 balls after the round using the glove, and I did not sweat through it at all like I have lately playing with the Golfsmith brand cabretta glove. I believe that the thinness of the glove along with their tanning process allows more breathability than the Golfsmith cabretta glove. I should note however that the glove did get more discolored than the Spider2, calling into question Taylor Made's Scotchgard tanning process. The Tour Preferred has what I would call a 'CoolMax' type of material (they call it Silver ION Microfiber...) on the inside around the wrist of the glove, and I feel this did a good job of keeping my wrist from sweating. One main positive of the glove - the smell! I know this sounds weird, but the Taylor Made cabretta has that classic leather golf/baseball glove smell, and it definitely brought back memories of my playing baseball when I was a kid. A small consideration for sure, but definitely something I noticed.

Overall, both gloves are nice. I have a couple of more tests in mind. I am going to get them both wet and see if the Spider2 performs better than the Taylor Made. I am also going to leave the gloves in the trunk of the car (we all do it at one time or another) and see what happens to them. In the meantime, if I had to choose, I would probably go for the Spider2. Or, I might even consider hitting balls at the range with the Spider2, and using the Taylor Made during dry weather rounds (assuming it won't perform as well as the Spider2).

I got to play again today, and tested both gloves.

Played Isla Del Sol in St. Petersburg, FL. Temp high 80's (would have been mid-90's if not for clouds due incoming rain). It drizzled a little on the back nine. I used the Spider2 on the front 9, and the TaylorMade on the back 9. And I left the gloves in the trunk of my car for 3 days. It's been 95+, and I thought this would be a good durability test. More comments on this below:

Thoughts:
Spider2. I am liking this glove more and more. For one, it fits just right. I normally am between L and XL. This L fits me perfectly. The glove is not too thick, and even though it is not a players cabretta glove like theTaylorMade, I am not losing any feel. Durability is excellent - this glove is not really showing much wear and it appears as if it will last a long time.

Of note, leaving the glove in the car did not make the glove dry or hard. It held up well.

Taylor Made Cabretta:
As mentioned before, the fit is a tad tight. Because of this, I leave it on for putting which I do not normally do. The glove is soft, but not appreciably mroe so than the Spider2. Now, I did play this when it drizzled a little, and I was assuming I would have some slippage issues. But this was not the case. This glove is showing more wear marks than the Spider2, but this is too be expected.

Leaving the glove in the car did cause the leather to dry out a little - I don't recommend doing this.

Right now, I would choose the Spider2 hands down for my game. While it has a touch less feel than the Taylor Made, I don't use a glove normally (putting and chipping) where feel is a large consideration. But the Spider2 fits better, seems more durable, and does provide a more secure hold on the club.

I will post pics later.

After a few range sessions i have some feedback on both the Bionic Performance and Pro gloves. If you did not see my first post i put it in the Spoiler below so it would not take up as much room.

Conditions
Temperature: 95+ every time i used them
Humidity: anywhere from 60%-80% so a lot of sweating

Bionic Performance
I will be real honest i did not care for this glove. It was just to bulky for me around the finger areas and it messed with my grip, I could not get comfortable with it at all. However it did keep my hand cool and for the most part dry because of all the vents/slits in the glove. so far it has been pretty durable and does not seem to get to dirty, i like the looks of it better than the pro but like i said it just wasn't for me. The glove fit very nicely as far as tightness wise on my hand throughout the range session, I did not notice any stretching or anything like that with it. I still plan on using it so i can get some more info for all of you to read about it, and have a few other tests in mind.

Bionic Pro
This glove is great! it kept my hand nice and cool and when i took the glove off my hand it wasn't that sweaty at all which i liked a lot. The glove fits very nicely, a little tighter than than the performance but did not stretch or anything like that. It has some padding in the palm area as did the performance but i did not notice it while hitting. The glove stayed pretty clean for the most part just a little dirty in spots but that is expected, the only negative thing that i can see is some stitching coming loose and fraying in the palm area, its very minor and i plan on sniping it off and seeing what happens with some more testing on it. So far I am really happy with this glove and the way it performs in these very hot conditions we have been having.

I will do some more testing with both gloves and report back in a week or so and put up some pictures of each glove after i get some more wear on them. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

well we had a light rain about an hour ago so id thought id go out and test the Bionic Pro glove in it before it started to pour. I got it a little wet first then hit about 8 shots into the pasture and everything was fine no slipping and my hand was perfectly dry when i pulled it out of the glove. So i slipped it back on and went out in the pasture to hit the balls back, saw a ball just over the neighbors fence and hopped over it and looked down and the glove had this layer of maroon paint on it from the fence and i was pissed at myself because i didnt even think about it lol got back to the house washed it off with some water and for the most part it came off but still some light staining on it which is all my fault, but i was happy to see that it cleaned up very nice with a simple wash/scrub. The pro continues to impress me with its performance. I did not get a chance to test the Performance glove in it as it started pouring when i got back inside the house.. thanks for reading!

here is my first review below(second review is quoted above), put it in spoilers to save room..
Took the pictures out to save a little room, but they can be seen on page 5.
Spoiler
Alright well i just got the gloves in about an hour ago and tried them on and messed around with him. I will give you the pictures first so you can see them before i start giving thoughts about them..

First initial thoughts.
I will describe the glove then list what it feels like on the club for both gloves.

BIONIC PERFORMANCE GLOVE
The glove reminded exactly like a baseball glove, it had added padding around the fingers and palm. The fit was perfect. it felt exactly like i wanted it to on my hand (tightness wise). It was bulky on my fingers because of the extra padding in the middle, ring, and pinky fingers. Has a lot of slits/vents (26 to be exact) in the palm, and fingers so that your hand can breathe and I really liked that because with the humidity and heat down here your hands sweat and this should allow for a lot of breathing for your hand. I really liked the looks of this better than the Pro, but it just reminded me so much of a baseball glove and I am not sure how this is going to turn out on the course because i like to feel the grip and not have padding in the way on the fingers, the rest of the glove was fine just the finger area part. little more on this glove down below...

BIONIC PERFORMANCE GLOVE AND THOUGHTS ABOUT IT ON THE CLUB
Alright i put it on, grabbed the 7 iron and headed outside to swing some. As soon as i took my grip it did not feel very good to me, felt really weird and bulky, it made me try to grip the club harder so i could get the feel of the grip instead of that bulkiness in the middle, ring and pinky fingers. you can see in the pictures how the glove is different there in those fingers than the rest of the glove and that's where the bulky feel came from. The slits on the fingers where kind of annoying but not terribly bad. Like i said it reminded me a lot of a baseball glove which i was used to but did not know how i would like that on a golf club. so far not real good for me and what i like in a golf glove but still a lot of testing to be done. just need a little time getting used to it.

BIONIC PRO GLOVE
When i first saw the package that it came in, i said "this must be a nice glove if it gets its own special box" so i was really excited to get it out and try it on. Its a simple glove, not crazy with colors just some black and blue on there and a clean look. It fits a tad tighter than the performance did but not a whole lot that would make a big difference. It has small holes in the index, thumb, and pinky fingers and also has slits for breathing. (see pictures above). Does not have that bulky feel that i got with the performance glove. it has some padding in the upper palm area that you can notice but its not annoying at all.

BIONIC PRO GLOVE AND THOUGHTS ABOUT IT ON THE CLUB
Slipped this bad boy on after I swung a few times with the performance and immediately it just felt better and what i wanted in a glove. Did not have the bulky finger parts like i felt in the other glove and just felt nice. I picked up the 7 iron and took my grip and swung it around a few times trying out a few times and it really impressed me. Now it also has slits in it but they are not as big as whats in the performance glove nor as bulky feeling so i really did not notice them that much. The only complaint i have so far is that the black slit things between the fingers kind of bunch up when i take my grip and make it feel a little weird between there, but its manageable and not really a huge annoying feel just something i thought i would point out. you can see the black slits between the fingers in the picture so you know what I am talking about.

Comparing them to my current Taylormade React glove both bionic's are thicker than it, but they also fit better on my hand (tightness wise) and all three are medium sized gloves. I can also tell that both the performance and pro will last a lot longer than what a brand new TM react glove would, and I hope they do because of the price difference. They are not cheap but they're very very well made gloves and i understand why they're priced higher.

Im excited to test them out some more and see how they do in the Texas heat/humidity, and other factors. I will have another review in a couple of days or so. thanks for reading!

Weathersof, Spidr2, or Bridgestone so many choices, ugh.

Weathersof, Spidr2, or Bridgestone so many choices, ugh.

These guys and gals should put a poll up for simpletons like me. :D

Great reading guys and gals. Love some of the 'real life' situations you guys/gals put the gloves through like leaving it in the car for a couple of days.

Back