Shopping for a New Bag

SLOgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
highhhh
Hey everyone!

I was looking at some bags lately since the legs on my current bag dont "pop out" as easily and its starting to get annoying. I definitely want a stand bag because I try to walk the course as much as possible.

Initially after looking at some reviews, I really was heading towards the OGIO Grom. When I got to my local GG, I realized it was pretty heavy.... I saw the Ping Hoofer C-1 next to it seemed to get my attention. It was light and the way Ping bags sit flush on the ground just amazes me. I didnt really understand the "retracting mechanism" on one of the straps though.

Any body out there have any thoughts? Im open to any ideas.

I love my Grom. Yes its heavy but the quality and features make it well worth it.

I love my Grom too.

In all honesty I don't think you notice a 4 lb difference in a 20 lb bag and the looks/usefulness/quality of the bag is top notch.

Nike sasquatch tour!!!!!

I love my Grom three. Awesome bag.

I love my Grom like the rest. If weight is an issue, check out some of the Sun Mountain bags. I have a Four 5 on standby and it is lighter than my Grom and has individual slots for each club. Their Three 5 is even lighter. The only reason it is on standby is I like the Grom style in black plaid. :D

I love my Titleist bag. I've been using them for 12 years. I just bought my third one.

I love my Grom like the rest. If weight is an issue, check out some of the Sun Mountain bags. I have a Four 5 on standby and it is lighter than my Grom and has individual slots for each club. Their Three 5 is even lighter. The only reason it is on standby is I like the Grom style in black plaid. :D

Yea. Pretty much sums it up

And a minor thread jack...
Spoiler
I love that your avatar is rocking the vibram's. I wear mine everywhere BUT the course and even then I wonder a little bit.

I love my Titleist bag. I've been using them for 12 years. I just bought my third one.

I think Sun Mountain actually makes the Titleist bags.

I also love to walk the course. Are you dead set against using a push cart? A push cart would allow you to use a larger bag with less worry about weight, carry more stuff..... like stuff for rain and liquids to keep hydrated during your round etc.

I also love to walk the course. Are you dead set against using a push cart? A push cart would allow you to use a larger bag with less worry about weight, carry more stuff..... like stuff for rain and liquids to keep hydrated during your round etc.

I don't think I want a push cart.

I drool over the sun mountain four5 every time I see it.

It just seems to have it all, great club dividers, good storage, good straps good stand mech, and to top it off it is only 4.5lbs.

I would have it already but I keep buying/changing clubs this year... oye!

I'm actually thinking about getting the grom in stealth.

I too have the Taylormade TMX and if you really like those colors they make a stand bag in those colors

I drool over the sun mountain four5 every time I see it.

It just seems to have it all, great club dividers, good storage, good straps good stand mech, and to top it off it is only 4.5lbs.

I would have it already but I keep buying/changing clubs this year... oye!

Have the Four 5 On Order - tired of tring to pull out one club only to get 3! Good reviews of the four 5.

I too have the Taylormade TMX and if you really like those colors they make a stand bag in those colors

Yeah I love the look of the TMX stand bag, it's like a staff bag with legs, very cool! I've always been curious how heavy it is.

Callaway makes a VERY VERY light bag! I am not sure exactly what the name of it is, but I saw it in a pro shop a couple o fweeks back and I was very impressed.

The TM TMX might be a little bit too much for me right now.

Does anyone rockin hoofer have anything to say!?! lol

The TM TMX might be a little bit too much for me right now.

Does anyone rockin hoofer have anything to say!?! lol

I would own one if it had proper dividers. Pulling one club and getting three is very anoying to me.

I looked at more bags the other day and I am really liking the Sun Mountain Four5. I think the 14 individual dividers are great and the light weight aspect is also pretty nice. The Ogio Ozone is a little bit ahead of the Grom for me right now.

Does anyone have the Titanium color Sun Mountain?? Do you guys think it will be easy to keep the bag pretty clean?

I looked at more bags the other day and I am really liking the Sun Mountain Four5. I think the 14 individual dividers are great and the light weight aspect is also pretty nice. The Ogio Ozone is a little bit ahead of the Grom for me right now.

Those dividers are a huge selling point. I would love to have that feature.

There is one thing that sort of worries me about the SM... I heard that the bag sometimes have trouble sitting in a cart. Has anyone with the Four5 had any problems with this??

I didn't find it to have any more trouble than the next stand/carry bag. They usually giggle one direction or the other. That's where Ogio has the market with the torq strap.

Back