Michelle Wie Suffers Heat Stroke

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
geez, there seems to be always something wrong with this girl. heat stroke sucks, i hope it doesn't affect her tomorrow.

Not good for an athlete that has to be outside all the time. Once it happens to you it makes you INCREDIBLY more susceptible to it happening again.

Its also a coaches nightmare for this to happen to one of your athletes, but that's a different topic.

What a bust she has been. Wasn't she the "female tiger"?

• Admin
That article is misleading with the title. It says heatstroke, but the body of the article says heat exhaustion. Heatstroke is a very serious medical emergency. She would not be playing tomorrow if that was the case.

Bust in relation to the expectations, real or not, set for he by herself and the media? yes. In reality thoguh, she's not even 21 and started to show some promise during the Solheim Cup and carried that into this year on the LPGA a bit. Might be a little early to call her a true 'bust' yet.
What a bust she has been. Wasn't she the "female tiger"?

She probably didnt like whoever she was paired with.

She probably didnt like whoever she was paired with.

that's what i was thinking. she's pretty clever about getting out of tournies when she needs to.

If it is real, then I hope she is ok. It's kind of sad that the first thing I thought was that she was faking it.

Dang, she's not even 21?? Thought she was like 25 lol. You're right, too soon to call her a bust.

She putts like John Daly is why she isn't winning. If the poor girl could make some putts she would be a great player.

Wow. How hot was it?

It is too soon to call her a bust. Maybe when she grows up a bit. She has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old.

I know the first thing I should have though was about her well being and all that, but my first thought was, "What is up with this chick now?" There is always something with her. Something is missing and I don't know what it is. Maybe a little age will help cultivate her into a winner in her mind, in her attitude and on the course. I want to root for her, but she makes it hard for me to do so.

That being said, I hope she is alright and has suffered no serious ill effect.

If it is real, then I hope she is ok. It's kind of sad that the first thing I thought was that she was faking it.

Don't feel bad, it's the first thing I thought of as well. But you have to hope that it isn't serious.

If she's not faking I hope she is ok. My gut feeling though is it's just another excuse for bad play. She gets alot of attention, more than she deserves in my opinion, and has alot of pressure to play well and she hasn't in quite a while. I wonder why more attention isn't put on Creamer and Kerr? Not scandalous enough maybe?

I wonder why more attention isn't put on Creamer and Kerr? Not scandalous enough maybe?

For the same reason that John Daly still gets press despite being irrelevant and a pig.

If she's not faking I hope she is ok. My gut feeling though is it's just another excuse for bad play. She gets alot of attention, more than she deserves in my opinion, and has alot of pressure to play well and she hasn't in quite a while. I wonder why more attention isn't put on Creamer and Kerr? Not scandalous enough maybe?

Idk, both are better golfers imho.
Wie is far to whiney for me. I cant stand her

Begin Rant:
I think one of the caddies responsibilities is to make sure the player stays hydrated and maintains nutrition on the course. But, this could be related to what was/wasn't consumed prior to teeing off and also the night before, which a caddy has no control over.

That being said, anyone who gets heat exhaustion generally has their head up their rear. No disrespect to anyone here who's had this happen to you. But, part of being a living human is hydration. There is no call for an experienced athlete, especially those who have a "team", getting heat exhaustion. If you don't have enough sense to drink fluids without reminders, your "team" should be reminding you.

End Rant.

I had same thought that many had when I read this (she's whining and faking again) but then I thought about being 21 and how hard that change from teenager to adult was and I didn't have ANY of the pressures (self made and not) she has not to mention her growing up with the two stage parents from hell.

While I agree she hasn't lived up to her hype, I think she will still show she has what it takes to win on the LPGA and develop into a good golfer with maturity.

Most folks in the golfing world are well aware of Creamer's whining and Kerr being a hot head. No junior golfer should watch Kerr play. She does a lot of club slamming.

I hope she is feeling better. She is an exciting golfer who has had her every move analyzed. I think she has done remarkably well for herself, all things considered. I should also add that I think she is hot.

I hope she is feeling better. She is an exciting golfer who has had her every move analyzed. I think she has done remarkably well for herself, all things considered. I should also add that I think she is hot.

Hot? Disagree severely.

Back