British Open Championship [Spoilers]

Man, go to bed tied for first on my ESPN pics, Wake up to find out im getting KILLED. LOL.

and louis oost"who"sin sits back and watches his biggest threats fall by the wayside. the luck of the draw may very well win this tournament and i think that sucks.

Well being last man out tomorrow I guess we'll see if Oosthuizen's luck holds up with the weather. HIghly doubtful. Hes been fortunate to get that early morning draw. His skill will, im sure, be tested tomorrow.

The coverage is starting to kind of suck, even for the feature groups. They seem to be showing the marquee guys (Daly, Woods, Watson, etc) just standing around in lieu of even the guys they're playing with hit birdie puts.

Mental strength to the fore now, this is brutal stuff.

Not sure I agree that Oosterhuizen is where he is due to luck, he was out in far from ideal conditions yesterday. His 65 was really the round of the day. Obviously it helps to avoid this maelstrom but that's links golf, tide comes in and the wind hollers in the afternoons. They have to hit so many different types of shot when it's like this, imagination, mental strength and a bit of old fashioned skill will give us the winner peeps, chill.

that tee shot on 17 with the wind is ridiculous!!! Did anyone see what the wind was doing to the tee shots via the shot tracker?

this was before I read contest rules. Thank god he wasn't eligible!!! Once his name came out of GolferGals mouth, I would have been more likey to take Louis Oosthuizen. No offense GG, but I am superstitious and the curse seems to be real

No offense taken. I am superstitious too and I know the curse is real too. I am not happy about that but it is what it is I guess.

that tee shot on 17 with the wind is ridiculous!!! Did anyone see what the wind was doing to the tee shots via the shot tracker?

ya that was crazy. they had to aim over the hotel and it was still blowing back the ball way to the left.

Cut just went to +1

The guys playing early have had it easy so far but the good thing is they will have to play last tomorrow so hopefully the field levels out. I know I want a close Open and not some no name winning because he got to play an easier course than the rest of the field.

The guys playing early have had it easy so far but the good thing is they will have to play last tomorrow so hopefully the field levels out. I know I want a close Open and not some no name winning because he got to play an easier course than the rest of the field.

But the tee times are reversed, so everybody should be at a fairly level field after two days.

Paddy is killing me right now. WHY PADDY WHY????

because we picked him :(

And I just thought is was MY picking him in both the Wilson contest AND both my fantasy leagues.

If I could only get over my anti-painter hat bias I would have backed the right horse...

Is this Rocco MEDIATE talking??

Just tuned in on espn3.com, and all I hear is "Rocco" and it sounds like him.

What are the odds of a guy tying a majors scoring record one day and missing the cut the next? McIlroy is +7 thru 13. -2 overall, cut line is +1. Five holes to not lose 4 shots.

*unpacks Puma painter hat for Outing*
And I just thought is was MY picking him in both the Wilson contest AND both my fantasy leagues.

If I could only get over my anti-painter hat bias I would have backed the right horse...

no doubt smalls, the kid is just falling apart. what a shame

no doubt smalls, the kid is just falling apart. what a shame

I thought I heard Rory say last night he had never played St. Andrews in anything but good weather. Guess the Goddess of the North Sea decided to let him find out what her true colors were. I'm in my office watching the online tracker thingy The Open website has going a lot of blue/dark blue circles lighting up all over place. This cut just may to to +2 before it is all over.

Can't wait to get home tonight, settle in with Chinese delivery, a bag of oreos, and 6 pack to watch the carnage...

I thought I heard Rory say last night he had never played St. Andrews in anything but good weather. Guess the Goddess of the North Sea decided to let him find out what her true colors were. I'm in my office watching the online tracker thingy The Open website has going a lot of blue/dark blue circles lighting up all over place. This cut just may to to +2 before it is all over.

Can't wait to get home tonight, settle in with Chinese delivery, a bag of oreos, and 6 pack to watch the carnage...

original or golden oreos?

Well, I was hoping for an 80, but can settle for a 76 for JD. At least we wont have to see too much of him tomorrow.

Back