RxGus

Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
About a month and a half ago I purchased a used SuperTri TP because I was able to get a steal on it through an authorized dealer.

I noticed right away that there was a funny buzz/rattle when the head struck the ground (generally after a shot, or if it slipped from my hands while teeing a ball) but I didn't think anything of it.

Today on the course I noticed something distinctly new. There is a clear rattle when I shake the club (by the shaft) right in the area of the hostel. It doesn't seem to spread out of that area, and if I hold the head the sound stops. Has anyone else with the SuperTri noticed something like this? If it is an abnormality, do I have any recourse seeing as how it was bought used?

I haven't noticed any sort of performance deficit or change in the club since I got it. When I hit it in the simulator it had the same feel, sound, distance as the new ones I was trying.

Thoughts?

it could be some epoxy hardened outside the shaft and fell into the head and/or shaft take the shaft out and shake each seperatly if the head remains quiet your fine and just take the shaft to a pro shop or custom shop and have them take a look and tell you for sure

I had the exact same thing and came back and checked the weights and found one of them was loose and was causing the rattle. Tightened it and have not had a single issue.

When I unscrewed the shaft the rattle was more pronounced... but that is because of the R9 screw system. The rattle is reminiscent of the sound it made without a shaft.

I thought it might be the shaft wasn't screwed on tight enough, but when I put the shaft back on (and tight!) the rattle was still there.

Hmmm. I also have noticed this on the "recoil" after I finish my follow-through. I am going to retighten the screws to see if that is it.

Pulled out all my weights and reset them. Rattle is now gone.

Thanks JB

I had the exact same thing and came back and checked the weights and found one of them was loose and was causing the rattle. Tightened it and have not had a single issue.

That happens with my Superquad, too.
Fortunately, it's an easy fix!

Pulled out all my weights and reset them. Rattle is now gone.

Thanks JB

I think a lot of people tighten screws but then stop short of the click. Once tightened, it never came back.

Yup, the R9 wrenches take a really solid twist to get to the *click* when the right amount of torque has been applied.

At first I thought my wrench was faulty or something. Turns out I was too afraid of hurting my club to actually turn it firmly enough!

Back