Gray Golf Well Wishes Thread

I thought I read that his surgery was postponed because of a problem with his EKG? If it is today I hope everything is going well and that he is up and walking around in no time.

GG you are correct. I went to the Hopital today and have an abnormal EKG. I just wrote another THP user with the news "I found out I have a little heart problem after my last EKG...... They will not do my knee surgery until after the heart problem is cleared up. I received an abnormal EKG recently and it was found during my preop. Hopefully the old ticker problem is minor and I may have to put the knee surgery off until after the September outing. The only hope I have now is if the Cardiac surgeon gives me a clean bill of health on that EKG.... I appreciate ya thinking about me!"

Best wishes on the EKG stuff.

In fact THANK ALL OF YOU for your well wishes! KellyBo and I will be down at the outing in September unless the Heart Doctor says no. The knee can wait. I have waited two years. Back then,,,,,, my othropedic surgeon told me I needed to have that knee cleaned out, so I can wait a few more months.

I am keeping you in my prayers Gray.

I have a positive feeling about this heart stuff.

Just a quick update. I did not hear back from my Family Doctor today. I was hoping to find out when and who I was going to be referred to that can get this ball rolling.

Last edited:
You are so lucky!!! All the Open Coverage you can watch!

Just messing. Hope it goes well so you can get back on the links soon!

I have a nagging suspicion that you'll end up just fine, Ole Gray!

And kellybo... if he gets laid up for a couple days- you'll earn your saint card just taking care of the old snake charmer. I am glad you have a job that can get you out of the house (and on the course!)

How the heck did I miss this thread?! I hope your surgery went fine Gray!

Edit: Just went back and read that it was postponed. I hope they get the ol ticker worked out soon! You were probably thinking about that butt whipping your gonna put on JB and that pesky Calloway with those snakes and it caused your heart to skip a beat!

Wishing you well Gray. Get better soon.

Good luck and a speedy recovery Gray

Good Luck, Gray. Take it slow and easy and you back on the course before you know it.

How the heck did I miss this thread?! I hope your surgery went fine Gray!

Edit: Just went back and read that it was postponed. I hope they get the ol ticker worked out soon! You were probably thinking about that butt whipping your gonna put on JB and that pesky Calloway with those snakes and it caused your heart to skip a beat!

Wishing you well Gray. Get better soon.

Good luck and a speedy recovery Gray

Good Luck, Gray. Take it slow and easy and you back on the course before you know it.

I have a nagging suspicion that you'll end up just fine, Ole Gray!

And kellybo... if he gets laid up for a couple days- you'll earn your saint card just taking care of the old snake charmer. I am glad you have a job that can get you out of the house (and on the course!)

Get well soon. heres to a speedy recovery.

You are so lucky!!! All the Open Coverage you can watch!

Just messing. Hope it goes well so you can get back on the links soon!

I just want to thank everyone of you who are wishing me well! Some of those quote's had me laughing my arse off:D!!! We got some great, caring, and supporting members on this site! Makes my big old heart smile to have this support :smile-big:. JB & Golfer Gal and all the support group that made this site possible,,,,, have done an outstanding job in bringing so many friends together! Ok now I got to go hit just a few shag balls, then bug my FP doc to get me a referral. Thanks guys/gals! I luv ya.

Old Gray

Last edited:
Well let me add my well wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery to ya there Ol Gray! I hope it all goes well.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. As a person who has had major knee surgery, you can and will come back stronger and better than before!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. As a person who has had major knee surgery, you can and will come back stronger and better than before!

Thanks Big Guy! I have already had a partial knee replacement on the left side of that right knee. Now the right side is giving problems. I should have had the whole knee done at one time huh :banghead:???

Well let me add my well wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery to ya there Ol Gray! I hope it all goes well.

Thanks Wulff! I found out today I have the referral I needed from my family doc,,, for an appointment Thursday at 11:45 a.m. to have my EKG for my heart checked out. Some of you did not know that my knee surgery came to a squeching halt when the pre op found a problem with my pre surgery ekg test. Anyway once I get cleared or fixed by the heart doc Thursday I can move on to getting that old worn out knee worked on.

Wishing you well for your up coming procedures Gray! You'll be good as new in no time at all! So keep them Snakes fed and raring to go!!

Wishing you well for your up coming procedures Gray! You'll be good as new in no time at all! So keep them Snakes fed and raring to go!!

Thanks 9! I am taking one of my old snakes (S9 Driver),,, to the snake doctor tomorrow... I am going to see if I can add some more bite by having a new shaft installed :golf2:... You know I got to keep pesky old Calloway and hungry old JB on the ball :eek:)

I am extremely late to the well wishing party, but here are my hopes for a quick and speedy recovery. I should have offered my knee to you, at least then I would have a reason why my golf came has been so horrid.

I am extremely late to the well wishing party, but here are my hopes for a quick and speedy recovery. I should have offered my knee to you, at least then I would have a reason why my golf came has been so horrid.

LOL Thanks War! Fixing my knee might not make me any better at golf,,, but hopefully it will allow me to be stronger longer out there :eek:)...

Appreciate your well wishes! Gosh folks are so darn nice and thoughtful on here.

Gray

Thanks 9! I am taking one of my old snakes (S9 Driver),,, to the snake doctor tomorrow... I am going to see if I can add some more bite by having a new shaft installed :golf2:... You know I got to keep pesky old Calloway and hungry old JB on the ball :eek:)

Haha! Classic Gray! More bite in them snakes eh? Is that even possible? Haha. Best wishes Gray!

[aogv] That pesky Calloway and hungry ol JB won't know what hit 'em! They'll be begging for their mamas after they meet them snakes! [dogv]

Haha! Classic Gray! More bite in them snakes eh? Is that even possible? Haha. Best wishes Gray!

[aogv] That pesky Calloway and hungry ol JB won't know what hit 'em! They'll be begging for their mamas after they meet them snakes! [dogv]

lmao 9! Hey man I am glad your gal has joined up with us! That's cool and we all look forward to meeting you and the Ms down in Fla.!

Heading to the Heart Doc in an hour or so and hoping for a good report. My BP has been high the last couple of months and I have had some shortness of breath. My Family Doc has not been much help lowering my BP. Maybe the expert can fix me up. You know get old Gray tuned up,,,,,,, then I can run pesky old Calloway and big eating JB down the fairway! You guys/gals enjoy the British Open!

Prayers with ya big guy!
Heading to the Heart Doc in an hour or so and hoping for a good report. My BP has been high the last couple of months and I have had some shortness of breath. My Family Doc has not been much help lowering my BP. Maybe the expert can fix me up. You know get old Gray tuned up,,,,,,, then I can run pesky old Calloway and big eating JB down the fairway! You guys/gals enjoy the British Open!

Back