What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice putting degoins! congrats!

Played yesterday for the first time with the new clubs. Driver was pretty on. Irons were decent. Putting was great, was drilling everything aroung 6'. But man my short game was HORRIBLE!!!!!! Could not chip to save my life. Would have broken 100 for the first time in a long time if i didnt fly the green twice over on chips on atleast 4 holes.:loser:

Went to the course this evening for a quick nine holes. On the 5th hole, I ran into some friends who were playing with their son and DIL and 2.5 yr old grandson. After visiting for a minute, I went back to the 4th hole to get my ball and heard a crash. The grandson had jumped in the cart and went straight into the pond before anyone could blink an eye! Needless to say there were a lot of screams and everyone raced to get him. He was screaming and crying but only had a bruised face. The cart had turned over and was halfway submerged. They had to get a tractor to get it out. Grandmomma fell on her way to get him and skinned herself up a bit. Mom's brand new smart phone is in the pond somewhere. We were all shook up so we didn't finish our round.

Those of you who take your kids, PLEASE BE CAREFUL to keep them away from the carts when you're not in them. This kid was very lucky not to be trapped under the cart.

p.s. I found a $20 bill on the course today. Played the lottery and lost it. Easy come, easy go. I never win that's why I usually don't play!

that is crazy... glad it wasnt permanently serious...
hey you did get $20 bucks in free lotto tho... thats a plus

i played my cousin on friday... he beat me by one shot...
i was killing all my clubs except for driver... it killed me... lol

Good job everyone, I love this thread!! Always fun to see how everyone is playing.

Today was the final round of the Pro Am and as I posted last night my first round score was an 80 and our team had some making up to do. Well today's weather was perfect and we ended up drawing a pro that shot -1 on day 1. We started out red hot as our pro birdied #1 and 2 along with pars from us for a couple of net birdies. I won't give you all the details since I don't want to type all of that but our team rocked today; we climbed all the way from out back for dead to a T-11, 2 shots out of the money. Regardless I am super thrilled with our results. DakotaGolfer shot a great back 9 today, shaved off 10 from his front 9 51 for an outstanding 41 on the back 9.

I started out super with a bomb down the middle of the #1 fairway only to chub my pitching wedge into the water; wound up making a double but I would later find out it would be my only really bad shot of the day. I played the rest of the round without losing a ball and ended up tying my best ever score at my home course with a 77. Everything was on today, driver was long and in the fairway almost every hole and my irons were simply superb today, I don't know if I've ever hit such solid irons for an entire round my whole life. One bad note is that I missed a 3 footer for par on 18, they had the pin on this ridiculous spot, right on the crest of a hill and I just didn't play enough break and missed a simple one.

Our pro today did the same thing I did on 18 only from about 6 inches further away, we both hit great shots into the green but because of where the pin was we both wound up just off the back, I suggested we both just chip in and rile up the crowd and BOTH of us nearly did. Unfortunately we both missed the effin putt, too bad too because that bogey gave our pro a -6 round of 65 today, he finished the event at -7, one stroke behind the winner. That dinky putt on 18 goes and he ties for 1st and I shoot my best ever round. Son of a btch! Oh well, I'm not going to let that putt piss in my Cheerios and our pro shouldn't either, he played amazing golf, it was cool to see a 65 live in person. He shot a -6 30 on the front and could only manage even par 35 on the back. Good for him though on the T2 finish, he has great things ahead of him at only 24 yrs old.

All in all it was a great weekend, I won that $150 in that closest to the pin contest so that paid for my entry into the Pro Am. Any of you within a few hours drive of here should really consider playing in it next year, I'll be happy to put any THP'ers up at my house and we can tear it up Pro Am style, real fun and some really good golf played.

Back to normal interlooper this weekend. Shot an 85. Was having difficulty working the ball; was having particular trouble with the fade on mid to long irons. Normally that wouldn't be a huge issue, but I found myself on the right side of the fairway on each of the several dogleg rights. Thus, without the fade in the bag, I wasn't even able to give the green a go. I would set-up for the fade and would still hit the draw. It was frustrating.

Spent a bit of time today at the range to work the issue out. Only brought the 6-iron and 8-iron and focused exclusively on alternating between draws, straight and fade shots. Let's see if I can bring the range-game to the course. Crossing my fingers...

Great job P4B. Sounds like a fun day and how bout that Dakota Golfer. Sounds like he lit a fire on the back.

Shot a 92 at a nice course I had never played, the course got a ton of rain the night before and there was standing water in every bunker, luckily, the only bunker I hit into all day wasn't full. It was a very difficult course, greens were almost impossible to read. But a fun day none the less, I was glad we had an early tee time as it got hot and humid as we approached 16,17 and 18!

great score for shooting a virgin course

Shot a 92 at a nice course I had never played, the course got a ton of rain the night before and there was standing water in every bunker, luckily, the only bunker I hit into all day wasn't full. It was a very difficult course, greens were almost impossible to read. But a fun day none the less, I was glad we had an early tee time as it got hot and humid as we approached 16,17 and 18!

P4B, that was an awesome read! dude, i may just come visit you for that, it sounds like a great time. nice job on your round too. imagine if you hadn't flubbed that pw on #1, maybe a 74/75 round! oh, the joys of golf.

great score for shooting a virgin course

Thanks, Thanks, I was a little discouraged at first, since I had two birdies on the card and three pars, but if I can cut out the large numbers, I'll be back on track. But I always tend to add about 10 strokes on a new course. I hate hitting blind!

On Saturday, we played a par 72 course, from the reds 5004 yards. I stopped keeping score for the back 9, but I lost 4 golf balls to the mountainside :( There's a par 3 hole there that's I guess their signature hole (we played at De Bell in Burbank) and from the tee box, you cannot see the green at all as its behind the mountain and one of the guys we were paired up with hit a birdie. Its cool because since you can't see the green, you ring the bell when you're done :)

There's a par 3 hole there that's I guess their signature hole (we played at De Bell in Burbank) and from the tee box, you cannot see the green at all as its behind the mountain and one of the guys we were paired up with hit a birdie. Its cool because since you can't see the green, you ring the bell when you're done :)

My home course growing up had a blind par 3 like that. We had this giant periscope that was easily 90 feet tall. It was awesome, when you looked in it you felt like a bird flying over the green.

On Saturday, we played a par 72 course, from the reds 5004 yards. I stopped keeping score for the back 9, but I lost 4 golf balls to the mountainside :( There's a par 3 hole there that's I guess their signature hole (we played at De Bell in Burbank) and from the tee box, you cannot see the green at all as its behind the mountain and one of the guys we were paired up with hit a birdie. Its cool because since you can't see the green, you ring the bell when you're done :)

My mom's family has a cabin on a lake, and there's a course attached to the lake. There's a par 4 with a huge hill at about 240 yards off the tee, then after that it drops down all the way to the green, they have this cool lookin' nautical bell on a wooden post you need to ring once you're clear of the fairway, it's kinda fun to make noise at the course!

Played 9 today and started off nice hitting 4/4 GIRS I started off the round with 4 pars in a row then something happened and I just fell apart.

Par, Par, Par, Par, Double, Bogey (3 Putt), Double, Bogey (3 Putt), Par

7/9 Greens and I shot a freakin 42.

On hole 7 where I doubled I hit the fairway and had about 168 to the pin, I hit an 8 iron thinking I'll land short for an uphil putt and I air the green? Since this lesson I've been hitting everything almost too far. I have to re-gauge all of my distances again.

My mom's family has a cabin on a lake, and there's a course attached to the lake. There's a par 4 with a huge hill at about 240 yards off the tee, then after that it drops down all the way to the green, they have this cool lookin' nautical bell on a wooden post you need to ring once you're clear of the fairway, it's kinda fun to make noise at the course!

I just think that's awesome :) And the bell is LOUD...yikes!! I don't know how you can hit the green. You have have to tee off straight and then have it go left behind the mountain. Haven't quite mastered that skill yet haa haa

I just think that's awesome :) And the bell is LOUD...yikes!! I don't know how you can hit the green. You have have to tee off straight and then have it go left behind the mountain. Haven't quite mastered that skill yet haa haa

I don't think that's a shot that could be mastered in real life or a video game, that's spin that I can't control! I can make it go way to the right, but that's a slice I don't like!!! LOL!

79 today on the same course i shot 81 on last week...couple stupid things that i think i can correct to go lower! suprising what can happen when i can cnvice myslf to not hit driver off every tee..lol

79 today on the same course i shot 81 on last week...couple stupid things that i think i can correct to go lower! suprising what can happen when i can cnvice myslf to not hit driver off every tee..lol

how are you a 36 handicap when you shoot 79? lol nice round btw!

i hear ya about the driver part! mine is in timeout!

lol I was wondering the same thing!

hah sorry i have never edited my profile..new here!

oh and to top it off, I was playign solo today and this group ahead of me had a group of 5 so when i was hitting my last shot on 18 one of the guys in the group ahead of me gave me 3 coupons for 50% off on my next 3 rounds!

Played well sat. shot 73 and bogeyed 17 couldn't birdie 18 missed the birdie putt left it 7 inches off on the right(low side). Love it 17 pars one bogey

Nice round and totally agree about driver. I had an 89 which was my first round in a few weeks under 90 and mainly it was not hitting driver but on a few really open, long holes!

Originally Posted by bridges

hah sorry i have never edited my profile..new here!

I was hoping the reply would've been, "I don't turn in my good scores". That would have stirred the pot greatly. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back