British Open Championship [Spoilers]

Tiger has been practicing with the Method putter this week. Who thinks he puts it in play?

well, i wouldn't be surprised, he needs his putting to improve somehow. he drove the ball beautifully at aronimink. i don't know though.

We are two weeks out from this one, but I wanted to put up the official thread because it is shaping up to be just downright amazing as we head into it with predictions and more. Who do you like heading in? Darkhorses? Disappointments?

One more thing....

We will be announcing a HUGE CONTEST for this one this week!!!!

Darkhorse - Jason Day - saw him while marshaling at the at&t pro-am. Nice guy, has game and very cool mental outlook.

Well my picks are:

Rory MCILROY

Camilo VILLEGAS

Phil MICKELSON

Steve STRICKER

Tom Watson is my darkhorse :deadhorse:

I would love to see watson win on the Old Course, but Idk if he can.

how much did Nike pay him to use it....$750m? lol Book it.
Tiger has been practicing with the Method putter this week. Who thinks he puts it in play?

if he does, I guess the big question will be 'do the announcing team(s) make not of it and if so how much?'
how much did Nike pay him to use it....$750m? lol Book it.

I heard scotty doesnt pay near as much as other brands for people to use the putter. Is this true?

But in relation to tiger, I would think Scotty pays Tiger than most?

I heard scotty doesnt pay near as much as other brands for people to use the putter. Is this true?

But in relation to tiger, I would think Scotty pays Tiger than most?

They have the same winners pool as others do. And a couple of their contracts are HUGE compared to others. They also pay more players than any other putter brand.

I asked Jenn if she thought he would ever switch to that. We were watching the 2000 British Open highlights where he made every putt from every location. I think he will switch, just a hunch

They have the same winners pool as others do. And a couple of their contracts are HUGE compared to others. They also pay more players than any other putter brand.

I would imagine as expensive as Scotty's are that the general public has payed for quite a few of Tiger's lovers vacation trips. :D

I miss the in contention Tiger. I hope we see it this weekend

He was contention Tiger at the US Open. I think you will see him. 4th place in both Majors this year.

610x.jpg

Here is a picture of Tiger using the Method putter

Seriously, if Tiger can putt like Tiger of old then he can win this thing. He's not hitting the ball too bad right now but the thing I notice that is off for him is around the greens and his putting is that of a normal touring pro and not of himself. I do think he should switch to the Method for a change just so he looks at another putter for a change because his putting is so far off from the winning Tiger that its killing his rounds.

When he was on the putting greens at the AT&T, i saw tim trying to flip his hands closed through impact. It didnt look too textbook

Seriously, if Tiger can putt like Tiger of old then he can win this thing. He's not hitting the ball too bad right now but the thing I notice that is off for him is around the greens and his putting is that of a normal touring pro and not of himself. I do think he should switch to the Method for a change just so he looks at another putter for a change because his putting is so far off from the winning Tiger that its killing his rounds.

seems like we are saying this every week now. or something similar. "if tiger can be the old tiger he cad do this, this and this.." seems like its said every week now.

(not bashing you at all btw)

When he was on the putting greens at the AT&T, i saw tim trying to flip his hands closed through impact. It didnt look too textbook

Read a Tiger putting tip thing and he said he treats putting as if he's trying to hit a high draw.

Rose is down to 8-1 at the mirage

A high draw isnt in my artillery lol.

I love his shirt in the picture though

Shirt is nice. I can hit the high draw if there is a 20 MPH wind going from Right to Left

Nike will once again be launching their Fall Rain Gear at this tournament like they do every year. This is one of them.

Back