Bridgestone B330RXS... Are You Serious? (Add in CG14/15's)

great stuff duey! congrats on finding your new ball

Good stuff duey! I played yesterday with the RX and quite liked it. I find its longer off the tee then the Z-star, which I loved too. Just seems the the RX and RXS balls are really hot but still spin good around the greens. Im a big fan of them.

Thanks Kevin, I got the chance to try the Z-star in Omaha the other day, Dirt_Guy and I traded sleeves, lol. While I really liked them also, I don't think I was getting quite the same distance, but the spin on the greens were amazing.

duey, i'm glad you've found a ball that seems married to your new wedge! i am also extremely happy that you've found great use out of the BFit feature that bridgestone provides. while i prefer the rx to the rxs, it's really exciting to see how much you love that ball for your game.

Pretty hard to believe something works as well or better for me than the Penta. I still need to get back out and confirm it side by side, but it will be tough to knock a ball that put me in the middle of the fairway and that close to the green when I've never been there before off a drive. Hell, I was sore the next day from flexing my muscles at the buddies after a tee shot, lmao.

great stuff duey! congrats on finding your new ball

Thanks, thanks! I love saying that, lol. Now I just need to learn how to putt with it.

geez duey, that head's awfully inflated this morning......haha

nah, there's nothing better than finding "your" ball, and it seems as though you have. well done!

geez duey, that head's awfully inflated this morning......haha

nah, there's nothing better than finding "your" ball, and it seems as though you have. well done!

Haha, no big head here. While I hit some "Long to me" drives, they still pail in comparrison to what you monsters hit. You would crack up the first time you watched me swing the driver on a course. I have to come out of my shoes and do a three sixty to hit the ball past the ladies tee, haha

Haha, no big head here. While I hit some "Long to me" drives, they still pail in comparrison to what you monsters hit. You would crack up the first time you watched me swing the driver on a course. I have to come out of my shoes and do a three sixty to hit the ball past the ladies tee, haha

i'd say you can poke it out there just fine duey! i'm not a long baller at all so don't worry about that. in your opinion, you like the feel of the rxs better than the penta off the driver?

i'd say you can poke it out there just fine duey! i'm not a long baller at all so don't worry about that. in your opinion, you like the feel of the rxs better than the penta off the driver?

Not sure I could say that it felt better, both felt soft off the face. Like the Penta, I don't get a ton of feed back from the ball, just a smooth feeling without a harsh sound. The trajectory was what really sold me. My ball flight came down and I was able to see some run. My two longest drives had me thinking they were way short until I got to the balls.

edit: yet off my iron's these thing were eagles. They came in so high that they just stuck creating huge divots.

Not sure I could say that it felt better, both felt soft off the face. Like the Penta, I don't get a ton of feed back from the ball, just a smooth feeling without a harsh sound. The trajectory was what really sold me. My ball flight came down and I was able to see some run. My two longest drives had me thinking they were way short until I got to the balls.

edit: yet off my iron's these thing were eagles. They came in so high that they just stuck creating huge divots.

man that's awesome. i know exactly what you mean about the sound off the tee.

i'm so pumped for you duey, i can just tell that you are truly excited about these balls.

man that's awesome. i know exactly what you mean about the sound off the tee.

i'm so pumped for you duey, i can just tell that you are truly excited about these balls.

lmao, nothing like being excited about balls! Im a big fan of them too now!

They are truly a great ball and my favorite thing about them is you know all the other companies are working on a ball right now to compete with it. Titleist says the NXT tour is a close match but that ball in no way compares to the B330 RX. Hopefully all of the golf companies realize amatuers want performing golf balls without having to play balls with a 90 compression. Bridgestone has changed the golf ball market for ever and it's about time.

They are truly a great ball and my favorite thing about them is you know all the other companies are working on a ball right now to compete with it. Titleist says the NXT tour is a close match but that ball in no way compares to the B330 RX. Hopefully all of the golf companies realize amatuers want performing golf balls without having to play balls with a 90 compression. Bridgestone has changed the golf ball market for ever and it's about time.

amen to that SKJ!!!

Do they really? I cant believe that. One has a soft urethane cover and the other has a hard surlyn type of cover. If anything the e6 is closer to that of the NXT Tour (both 3 piece balls with surlyn type of cover), but titleist would not say that, because the e6 costs less.

Do they really? I cant believe that. One has a soft urethane cover and the other has a hard surlyn type of cover. If anything the e6 is closer to that of the NXT Tour (both 3 piece balls with surlyn type of cover), but titleist would not say that, because the e6 costs less.

They recommend the NXT tour for people who play a lower compression ball. Titleist tries to force people into a ball they make instead of offering a ball for different golfers if you know what I mean. I'm so glad a company has come along to knock them off their pedestal.

Congrats on finding your ball, Duey. Nice write up as well.

They recommend the NXT tour for people who play a lower compression ball. Titleist tries to force people into a ball they make instead of offering a ball for different golfers if you know what I mean. I'm so glad a company has come along to knock them off their pedestal.

Agree 100%! I keep telling the people I play with to try Bridgestone balls.

I've been pretty reluctant to try these because I was not a big fan of the regular B330. The E6 is a great ball, but totally different from what I personally look for in my game. I did try one sleeve of the RX and can't say I got any great impression, nothing wow'd me, but from the get go I saw a difference in the RXS. Odd how that happens and makes me wonder if I was simply hitting the ball, all of a sudden, like never before? I doubt that, lol.

Great review. As soon as I run out of the Fuzz, Bridgestone will be the ball for me.

+1 it was tough for me to give up the e6 but the B330-S feels much better off the putter and wedges
I've been pretty reluctant to try these because I was not a big fan of the regular B330. The E6 is a great ball, but totally different from what I personally look for in my game. I did try one sleeve of the RX and can't say I got any great impression, nothing wow'd me, but from the get go I saw a difference in the RXS. Odd how that happens and makes me wonder if I was simply hitting the ball, all of a sudden, like never before? I doubt that, lol.

I can vouch what "Phil" says. lol. He was backin the ball up alot.
edit to add: Thats why I shot so well, I was playin the 330 rx

WTF is included in these balls? I know I payed quite a bit, but momma! I hit a #3 hybrid into the green today from 109 and the ball stuck within 6 feet of the divot? A 5 iron against a cross wind from 155 that curled to the front and rolled with top spin to 5 feet. My worst "Feeling drives, half as high as I intend and twice as ugly, were the longest)? How does this Bridgestone 330RXS know what I need? I had balls back up today with a six iron, while others ran ahead 4 feet on uphill lies. While I don't get it, I'll take it, lol.

This was my second day out with these "ONLY" and Bridgestone has once again outdone themselves.

WTF is included in these balls? I know I payed quite a bit, but momma! I hit a #3 hybrid into the green today from 109 and the ball stuck within 6 feet of the divot? A 5 iron against a cross wind from 155 that curled to the front and rolled with top spin to 5 feet. My worst "Feeling drives, half as high as I intend and twice as ugly, were the longest)? How does this Bridgestone 330RXS know what I need? I had balls back up today with a six iron, while others ran ahead 4 feet on uphill lies. While I don't get it, I'll take it, lol.

This was my second day out with these "ONLY" and Bridgestone has once again outdone themselves.

3 Hybrid from 109 and 155 iron????? What?

3 Hybrid from 109 and 155 iron????? What?

I'm guessing a typo happened (109=209). He says he's not a long hitter but he can still put the ball out there.

Can anyone comment on the durability of the RXS compared to the Penta?

I'm guessing a typo happened (109=209). He says he's not a long hitter but he can still put the ball out there.

Yep, typo, lol. Should have read 209. My little hybrid did good and stayed put after touch down.

Can anyone comment on the durability of the RXS compared to the Penta?

I almost hate to say this because I was one of the guy's touting the Penta, (and still will), but the B330RXS ball is a work horse. The balls I played today were mostly ALL on there second or third round. They seem to discolor easily, for some reason, but very few scratches and few stress crack. I started with one in play and two in the pocket and ended without losing a ball, so will keep these in play for another practice round. I felt like they were losing a little fairy dust, (not stopping as quickly), but still plenty long.

The other thing I don't understand about these is the trajectory. My drives are much lower and seem to have a bunch more top spin for forward roll, while I back up pitching wedges like falling out a tree. Thanks Bridgestone, now for a commercial, haha

A couple of days a go I found a pretty new Bridgestone Tour B330-RXS ball in the bush, I thought Sweet! I have been wanting to try these balls out. So today I pulled it out on the first tee and put my marking on it and got set to go. The Tee was running early this morning so we were out before I had a chance to hit a few putts with it just to get used to the difference over the ProV1X or the Penta's I have been playing lately.

Stood up on the tee and bashed it off the box and immediately I said whoa that felt great! The compression on the face impressive, it felt like it was absorbing all the inertia and then exploding off the face. Grabbed my 8i for the approach and putt a good move on the ball and it reacted off the face of the iron like I expected , it hit the green and released appropriately ( I didn't hit it to have a tonne of spin ).

I proceeded around the course and was very happy with the results. I don't think it was longer than the balls i normally play seemed about the same maybe 2% shorter , so very acceptable for the great feel off the face. The spin level was pretty comparable to the Penta just a little less than the ProV1x and lots less than the ProV1. But I felt it was just right the ball stopped a few feet from where it hit the green, sometimes spinning back with the wedges but not extreme or punishing. I definitely had to make some adjustments and at least 2 played for the less spin.

The cover of these balls are extremely durable I played 36 holes with it today and it looks like it maybe has been used for 9 … using ProV's and Pentas as the comparison. I can say the paint is duller than I would like now but I think it could take another round … maybe 2 if he sticks around. I even hit a cart path on the first bounce and it looks like it barely hit anything that could of would give it road rash.
IMG_1371-1024x764.jpg

The only negative I can come up with is due to the lower spin rate the shorter wedge shots were harder to stop. I can only imagine that the same result would be the case with chips and pitches. I can only assume because I only had I chip that was about 40 yards and one bunker shot both were not hit the way I was looking for so I was hoping they would run out.

Now for the details that I am having a hard time qualifying. Today was probably the best golf day I have ever had! first round I shot 74 and hit the ball very well, good off the tee and very pure with my irons I hit 86% of the fairways and 83% GIR. Stats Link Round 2 was my lowest round ever! 70 …. yeah -2 I have only had 2 other rounds under par in my life 79% Fairways and 100% GIR stats link. Was it due to the ball ? I don't know. I think I would have been low with any decent ball today I was swinging PURE! I can honestly I have not hit that many flush Iron shots in one round let alone all day long, and it was only getting better I was chucking darts on 4 of the last 6 holes. Yes I think the ball played a part in the success of today.

What I know I can take away from today is the Bridgestone ball is as Solid as any of the top level balls out there right now. The thing that appeals to me the most is that the ball is made for my speed of swing. I am very interested to give this ball another go I will need to pick up a sleeve of these and see if they hold up as my ball striking varies. I can definitely recumbent this ball but if you my have to adjust for the amount or more likely the lack of check when pitching and chipping the ball onto the greens.

Has anyone made a direct comparison between the RX and RXS? I'd like to try the RXS but I'm liking the yellow more and more. So far, I haven't seen the RXS in yellow.

Back