British Open Championship [Spoilers]

THP Radio will be up tomorrow with our British Open Preview as well as a HUGE contest announcement and a fun game called 1 word, 1 way.

THP Radio will be up tomorrow with our British Open Preview as well as a HUGE contest announcement and a fun game called 1 word, 1 way.

nice! can't wait for the announcement and the radio show

Looking forward to another THP Huge contest! One word huh? EPIC!!

Oh yea! A bit of fun and joy in an otherwise bleak day in the saltmine..I mean office! Can't wait.

Can't wait ......

Just read this today about some fun during practice. Looks like survival on Thursday could be the key, some are going to get unlucky that's for sure.

In summary - 50mph winds made it just about impossible but the good news is that by the end of this week it will only be 30mph. I'm sure you'll remember Birkdale 2 years ago, looks like more of the same for the first round at least.

More details here - poor old Verplank http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/8808808.stm

Just read this today about some fun during practice. Looks like survival on Thursday could be the key, some are going to get unlucky that's for sure.

In summary - 50mph winds made it just about impossible but the good news is that by the end of this week it will only be 30mph. I'm sure you'll remember Birkdale 2 years ago, looks like more of the same for the first round at least.

More details here - poor old Verplank http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/8808808.stm

Sounds like some great stuff, where's the video of it??? We want video!!!

For some reason, I always make time to watch the British Open every year. This and the Masters are my 'no-miss Majors.' Maybe it's the crazy weather, maybe it's the incredible views, maybe it's the early morning start times, I don't know but I love it.

For some reason, I always make time to watch the British Open every year. This and the Masters are my 'no-miss Majors.' Maybe it's the crazy weather, maybe it's the incredible views, maybe it's the early morning start times, I don't know but I love it.

+1! Love the British too!

I'm not sure if you guys already knew about this, but the pairings and tee times are up, and as always there are some interesting ones.
Obviously I'm happy that Camilo will get some guaranteed face-time by virtue of being paired with Tiger and Rosie.

I'm not sure if you guys already knew about this, but the pairings and tee times are up, and as always there are some interesting ones.
Obviously I'm happy that Camilo will get some guaranteed face-time by virtue of being paired with Tiger and Rosie.

yeah, good stuff _JL_, i know how much you'll be enjoying that. hopefully camillo can play well. he was on fire to start the year, wouldn't mind seeing him get back into form.

I can understand completely, the same goes for me. I love them both!

Tiger WOODS 5.5 -1
Rory MCILROY 11 -1
Ernie ELS 16 -1
Lee WESTWOOD 16 -1
Phil MICKELSON 16 -1
Padraig HARRINGTON 20 -1
Justin ROSE 22 -1
Graeme MCDOWELL 30 -1
Ian POULTER 30 -1
Steve STRICKER 30 -1
Martin KAYMER 33 -1
Paul CASEY 33 -1
Jim FURYK 40 -1
Luke DONALD 40 -1
Retief GOOSEN 40 -1
Ross FISHER 40 -1
Adam SCOTT 60 -1
Camilo VILLEGAS 66 -1
Chris WOOD 66 -1
Charl SCHWARTZEL 70 -1
Geoff OGILVY 70 -1
Robert KARLSSON 70 -1
Sean O'HAIR 70 -1
Sergio GARCIA 70 -1
Tim CLARK 70 -1
Alvaro QUIROS 80 -1
Angel CABRERA 80 -1
Dustin JOHNSON 80 -1
Francesco MOLINARI 80 -1
Henrik STENSON 80 -1
KJ CHOI 80 -1
Robert ALLENBY 80 -1
Stewart CINK 80 -1
Nick WATNEY 90 -1
Vijay SINGH 90 -1
Field 1.5 -1

Seems a little high for Rory, it's going to be a great major none the less.

Stewart Cinks golf bag is a nice thing to see. Its under the Nike Golf's photos on Facebook!

Seems a little high for Rory, it's going to be a great major none the less.

I agree. But, i think the European players will get more betting action, causing their lines to be lower, especially for English/Scottish/Irish players during The Open.

3. Lee Westwood
2. Ian Poulter
1. one of the Molinari brothers

Tiger and Rose are paired together!! Man that's a must watch group. I hope Rose puts up a performance that exposes how far Tiger has slipped. That came out a little harsh, I hope tiger gets his game/life back together but how is he still ranked number #1?

How do the pairings get determined? Is this an attempt to get Tiger going? Pair him with hot golfer and hope that jumpstarts his game?

I dont know but I was watching him practice on ESPN this morning. Hes got that same exagerated over the top move going in his practice swings....
With the wind blowing hard on Thursday I think evreyones gonna be in damage control mode. Who does that better than Tiger? (on the course not off haha) I'm startgin to like his chances a little bit more.....

Some of the practice photos of how hard the wind is blowing look crazy!

Back