Tour de France 2010 (Spoilers)

interlooper

Wishing I was golfing now
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else get into the Tour de France? I love this event and DVR/watch every leg of the race.

I guess the favorite is Contador, though Lance is highly favored as well. I would love for Lance to win, and I would like for Contador to not win. But, I think Andy Schleck will tear it so much in the mountains that it will get him the yellow.

*** Subject to revision upon drug testing.

I kept up with it pretty well last year. I wonder if there will be much Armstrong-Contador controversy (or the press tries to scare some drama up) this year since they only tolerated each other last year as teammates. I'm hoping Lance's new team does well and gets him up in the rankings but I don't think anyone can beat Contador as long as his teammates help him out. Alberto is just an animal that can turn it on when he wants. I hope someone is able to dethrone him because I'm not a big fan of his attitude/ego.

Armstrong looked strong in the time trial today. Not bad for an old timer.

Strange finish to Stage 1 yesterday. More than half of the peloton crashed in the final 2km. And, oh yeah, a stray dog caused a serious crash as well.

Strange finish to Stage 1 yesterday. More than half of the peloton crashed in the final 2km. And, oh yeah, a stray dog caused a serious crash as well.

I think cycling is the only sport where a stray animal, such as a dog, could cause such a huge problem.

I think cycling is the only sport where a stray animal, such as a dog, could cause such a huge problem.

And cameramen, apparently. Today's stage was a blood bath. Just prior to the riders coming down a steep descent, a motorcycle crashed and possibly spilled oil on the already wet street. Then, as they hit that spot, many --if not most-- of the peloton crashed, as well as other motorcyclist and cameracrews.

The peloton was so confused and upset, that they rode slowely into the finish, and they protested at the finish by not engaging in the common finish-line sprint.

Crazy stuff this year... and tomorrow should be even better with the cobble stone roads.

if Lance can win again, will he finally retire for good???

Good question. He says that this is his final Tour de France no matter what. Perhaps, he will be retiring from other races as well. He is a grandpa of the sport at this point.

I'm guessing no!

All kidding aside, has anyone found a good iphone app to follow this year's race?

And cameramen, apparently. Today's stage was a blood bath. Just prior to the riders coming down a steep descent, a motorcycle crashed and possibly spilled oil on the already wet street. Then, as they hit that spot, many --if not most-- of the peloton crashed, as well as other motorcyclist and cameracrews.

The peloton was so confused and upset, that they rode slowely into the finish, and they protested at the finish by not engaging in the common finish-line sprint.

Crazy stuff this year... and tomorrow should be even better with the cobble stone roads.

Definatly a watcher here. (No matter how my much my wife makes fun of me!) Almost all the GC contenders went down in that wreck today. So at least the playing field is still level. Tomorrow is definatly going to be interesting. they are all competitors with the drive to go hard but i would not at all be surprised if the field is greatly subdued over the cobble sections and a break is able to stay away for a second day.

Not a problem.

Andy Shleck had a great day today. I thought he would rock it in the mountains, but the cobblestone stage is giving him an advantage in the mountains. Though, with his brother, Frank, now out with a broken collar bone, he will be missing a key piece of his attack.

Unfortunately, Lance got a flat in the cobblestones and lost nearly a minute to Contrador. He is going to have a very difficult time getting back into contention.

All in all, this was a very fun stafe to watch.

All in all, this was a very fun stafe to watch.

Agreed. A buch of the Radio Shack Guys had punctures. Mechanic must have had the pressures wrong. Annoying seeing that Lance was actually in the group ahead of Contador b4 the flat. Now bring on the mountains.

Agreed. A buch of the Radio Shack Guys had punctures. Mechanic must have had the pressures wrong. Annoying seeing that Lance was actually in the group ahead of Contador b4 the flat. Now bring on the mountains.

Yeah; I think the mountains are his "chance." Contrador was so strong in the mountains last year though. An now the Andy Shleck is looking good in the flat stages, he can probably tear it up in the mountains.

Today's stage was interesting. Tons of pushing and shoving in the lead up to the sprinter's turf.

And not to mention something that ive never seen in the 10 years ive ben watching the TDF. A freaking fight after the stage, involving 2 skiny little 140lb guys and a front wheel. Their tour is done now.

wow cat fight at the tour de france!

Lance Armstrong is officially out of general contention for the yellow jersey, falling more than 10 minutes behind on today's all-important mountain stage. Unfortunately, luck was not on his side, as he was involved in three time-consuming crashes (one of which seemed to be his own fault). It was just too much for him to make up, and he seemed to resign himself to being a has-been following the third crash.

On another note, it seems that my prediction that Andy Shleck would tear it up in the mountains has come to fruition, as Andy won the stage and appears to be the man to beat. Of course, I wasn't confident enough in that prediction to put any more than just a few bragging bucks on the line.

Yeah the 13th TDF definatly wasnt lucky for the old man. oh well he still has the other 7. so now im down for rooting for either Levi Or A. Schleck now. long as one of them beats Contador. I cant stand him.

Being Danish I'm rooting for Saxo, and happy with yesterdays stage. (even though the Danes disappointed somewhat)

No reason to stop rooting for Lance now he can't win it. Been following the Tour for at least 15 years, and used to "hate" Lance and his obscenely strong team back in the day. Mainly because I've always rooted for someone else. But to come back after a three year break when he could just have leaned back and enjoyed his 7 wins, is something that really deserves respect. I'm a fan now! And I really hope he gets a chance for a stage win in the coming weeks.

It's quite tough to watch the race from time to time, the announcers try and talk strategy and some of the ins and outs of racing, but they don't elaborate enough in simple terms, so non cyclists like myself can actually understand what the heck is going on.

On another note, some of the old buildings are absolutely beautiful!

Being Danish I'm rooting for Saxo, and happy with yesterdays stage. (even though the Danes disappointed somewhat)

No reason to stop rooting for Lance now he can't win it. Been following the Tour for at least 15 years, and used to "hate" Lance and his obscenely strong team back in the day. Mainly because I've always rooted for someone else. But to come back after a three year break when he could just have leaned back and enjoyed his 7 wins, is something that really deserves respect. I'm a fan now! And I really hope he gets a chance for a stage win in the coming weeks.

Good to hear a Euro perspective on Lance that isnt just "CHEATER!!!" LOL. And i didn't mean to imply that im stopping rooting for the guy. Been watching since '99 and I always have and aways will.... I was just specifying overall GC rooting.

It's quite tough to watch the race from time to time, the announcers try and talk strategy and some of the ins and outs of racing, but they don't elaborate enough in simple terms, so non cyclists like myself can actually understand what the heck is going on.

On another note, some of the old buildings are absolutely beautiful!

Yeah its like my wife trying to watch golf with me!!! Glad to see that even non cyclists are watching though. Any questions just throw them out...

Yeah its like my wife trying to watch golf with me!!! Glad to see that even non cyclists are watching though. Any questions just throw them out...

I guess my first question is about strategy, and how teammates can actually help the chosen one of the team?

Back