Bridgestone B330RXS... Are You Serious? (Add in CG14/15's)

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Yes, I'm a bit slow, but I finally got around to trying these out. I heard from TC, P4B and others on here, even did the BFit on-line fitting that recommended I try the 330RX, but still hadn't given them a try until this week. I've hit the E6 for most of the year, along with my favorite Penta's and Prov1's during important matches, but in preparation for the get together with a couple other THPers this week I picked up a box. So far I've had these out twice and feel the need to post the following:

"WARNING, WARNING... Please take extreme care when matching these to a Cleveland Wedge"

P1020801.jpg

I'll start with the fact that at 5'6" and 152 lbs, I am anything but powerful. My driver ss is pretty constant at 96, so with my new UPro gps in hand I was only seeing around 220 to 230, with an occasional longer ball when conditions were right. The first thing I noticed with these was a longer straighter drive. This is in no way a slam on the other balls I have hit, but I was hitting the fairways again. Next came the greens. Bulldog and Dirt_Guy can tell you about all the balls I was backing up, one about 8 or 9 feet. It's actually cost me several strokes over the last two times out. Then the divots, man these things look like craters.

So, the next time out was here at the home course. My trusty R9 loaded with the Aldila VooDoo RVS6 shaft was on fire. I missed only one fairway on the front and two on the back, only one of those really hurt me bad. The big thing was distance and this is their softer ball. We marked 4 drives during the round 270 or more, this is pretty crazy for me. All day long I was able to use shorter iron's to reach the green. On a par 5 dogleg, I hit it through the dogleg behind a tree, so had to wedge out and cranked the ball too far into a lake. Laying out from there I hit a 6 iron up hill against the wind 160 that hit and stuck within 2 feet of the divot with the green sloping away? Shot's like that were the norm and impressed is an understatement.

I'll finish by saying TC, Bird and the others were right. If you are serious about scoring, give the BFit system a try. I can't say I was crazy about the B330RX they suggested, but they were very close. The RXS is an animal and I'm loving it. I'm hitting places on the fairway I've never seen before.

Thanks for the review. I was fit to the 330 and plan on trying some this week

Great stuff Duey. You forgot to mention why you have been playing the e6...You won a year's supply here...hehe

So glad the ball is working great for you. I have been using it quite a bit lately as well. I just love the feel off the driver.

great review duey!

Great stuff Duey. You forgot to mention why you have been playing the e6...You won a year's supply here...hehe

So glad the ball is working great for you. I have been using it quite a bit lately as well. I just love the feel off the driver.

Sorry for not mentioning that. Yes, I won a years supply of the Bridgestone E6 golf balls and want to be sure everyone understands that those are a great ball as well. I just think the B330RXS turned out to be a better fit for me and kudos to the BFit system for pointing that out.

Sorry for not mentioning that. Yes, I won a years supply of the Bridgestone E6 golf balls and want to be sure everyone understands that those are a great ball as well. I just think the B330RXS turned out to be a better fit for me and kudos to the BFit system for pointing that out.

I was kidding Duey. But it is great that you found the ball for you.

I was kidding Duey. But it is great that you found the ball for you.

Thanks everyone. Bridgestone is really doing some great things it seem's and thanks to THP we are hearing about it. I still need to get back out and justify the last two rounds and may even play half with another ball just to see the results, but D_Dub and the others with me couldn't believe the distance or close divots I was tossing out there. All I could do was laugh.

Good stuff Duey. So you tried the 330RX first based on the BFit recommendation and didn't like it?

Good stuff Duey. So you tried the 330RX first based on the BFit recommendation and didn't like it?

Actually, I really liked the RX, just not blown away by the results. I'd love to know how and why I was hitting the RXS farther, but that was the case. I can understand sticking the balls tight, thats what it's made to do, but further? I came darn close to driving two greens and that simply has never happened, haha

I was having some serious driver issues earlier this year when i got to test out the B 330 RX I really liked them except for off the driver. I recently bought a box of the B 330 RXS and man I love these balls! I am in complete agreement with you due as these are long off the tee. I am hitting some of my best drives ever with these balls. They are money off mid to short irons. ( I am now having issues with my long irons) The feel is incredible off my putter. I really like these balls better than the B 330 RX.

I was having some serious driver issues earlier this year when i got to test out the B 330 RX I really liked them except for off the driver. I recently bought a box of the B 330 RXS and man I love these balls! I am in complete agreement with you due as these are long off the tee. I am hitting some of my best drives ever with these balls. They are money off mid to short irons. ( I am now having issues with my long irons) The feel is incredible off my putter. I really like these balls better than the B 330 RX.

Good to hear Wulff and brings up a question I had. While I was playing well from tee to green, my putting was off. I had the line all day, just left everything short and several times on the lip. I'm not sure if that was from this ball or from playing the faster greens in Omaha? Anyway, glad they are working for you as well.

hey duey are the rxs balls easier to control off the driver/woods/long irons than the pentas? as in less slice or hook.

Good to hear Wulff and brings up a question I had. While I was playing well from tee to green, my putting was off. I had the line all day, just left everything short and several times on the lip. I'm not sure if that was from this ball or from playing the faster greens in Omaha? Anyway, glad they are working for you as well.

I had no issues with the ball or the putter today, just the puttee. WhenI put a good stroke on the ball it was awesome. I even had a 40 footer from off the fringe that drained for a birdie today. I have never done that before!

hey duey are the rxs balls easier to control off the driver/woods/long irons than the pentas? as in less slice or hook.

First off, I think everyone has different ball requirements, with that said I think they were straighter. Keep in mind I have only had these out twice, but I loved the Penta. I did think these flew higher than the Penta for some reason, but they penetrated the wind much like the Penta does for me, without ballooning. I didn't mention this before, but hit the monitor earlier the same day and compared my R9 to the Superfast. I was averaging 230 yards with 237 my longest, pretty consistent. My first drive or two at the course with another ball was in that range, but when I pulled the RXS out, wow. Straight as a string and long.

alright thanks duey! guess the launch monitor is the best way to tell for me..

alright thanks duey! guess the launch monitor is the best way to tell for me..

That would show the amount of spin. On the two occasions I have used this ball it was much straighter off the woods and long irons than the Penta, for me.

see, the few times i hit the penta it flew really high for me. which i didnt mind but i think i lost a little distance there..

thanks for the info. appreciate it!

Agree with all of you. I played an RXS that I found in the woods for a few holes...so long off the tee. Didn't bite on short chips like I wanted...but all other shots were money.

Just wish they were cheaper.

Great stuff Duey! Those RXS balls are the truth. I have been gaming them some and am quite impressed. Played with them today and they certainly stop on a dime and the feel is just butter. Would have been sub 90 today if they wouldnt stay in the bunkers. Those rascals just wont come out of the sand. Not sure how Bridgestone did that. :act-up:

Seriously Bridgestone is really making some great golf balls. I see more and more people gaming bridgestone. If you have not been fitted do your game a favor and do it.

SMG

Great write up Duey, I'm glad you like the Bridgestones, of course I knew you would!!

Out of curiosity, how are you guy's liking these off the putter? I left a bunch short with these both times out. When I try pushing on them a little I really get out of my stroke. It could be from switching around so much trying different balls and different courses, but just checking.

I swear you guys on on Bridgestones payroll...:act-up:

Good stuff duey! I played yesterday with the RX and quite liked it. I find its longer off the tee then the Z-star, which I loved too. Just seems the the RX and RXS balls are really hot but still spin good around the greens. Im a big fan of them.

duey, i'm glad you've found a ball that seems married to your new wedge! i am also extremely happy that you've found great use out of the BFit feature that bridgestone provides. while i prefer the rx to the rxs, it's really exciting to see how much you love that ball for your game.

Back