The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the sound of that swing! Bubbles popping everywhere

bubbles tiny bubbles...

donho01.jpg

We should have named Charlie, "Nova" instead because when he trots around the yard his back end goes off to the side, just like most of the cars.

They should finish today. They are doing the front part now and have already done the back and two sides. The overhang between the floors looks like they need to replace some plywood because it doesn't look flat, it looks wavy. I called the lead inspector last night and suggested he come out and look so they don't have to rip up all the new shingles and re-do it. They had alreay shingled about 2/3 of the overhang before they finished last night.

This should have been done in one day easy, but with them dealing with the rain, it's become a three day job.

After putting this extra money into the house is making us consider staying another year since the more we put in the less we are going to want to come down on price. Plus in a year it might just sell easier.

They should finish today. They are doing the front part now and have already done the back and two sides. The overhang between the floors looks like they need to replace some plywood because it doesn't look flat, it looks wavy. I called the lead inspector last night and suggested he come out and look so they don't have to rip up all the new shingles and re-do it. They had alreay shingled about 2/3 of the overhang before they finished last night.

This should have been done in one day easy, but with them dealing with the rain, it's become a three day job.

After putting this extra money into the house is making us consider staying another year since the more we put in the less we are going to want to come down on price. Plus in a year it might just sell easier.

That sucks that the rain is still an issue but I guess it's good they have been able to get some work in. Good idea on calling the inspector it would be so much worse if they had to tear up everything that was just done and redo it.

The real estate market is so tough to figure out right now somedays people say it's getting better and other days it's getting worse.

We've had less than ten people through the house since November. It's not like we are having people coming and trying to lowball us, they just aren't coming! We have a good school system and we don't live in a slum area and we just updated windows and central air and heater and remodeled the house but no one's coming right now. Hopefully being able to put BRAND NEW ROOF on the listing will help.

It's not like other houses around us are selling, not many people leave here once they get here, most of my neighbors I knew when I was a kid growing up in this house This is the only house up for sale in my subdivision. Maybe I should be ranting about this! lol

If noithing else, at least we can enjoy the new roof for a while!

We've had less than ten people through the house since November. It's not like we are having people coming and trying to lowball us, they just aren't coming! We have a good school system and we don't live in a slum area and we just updated windows and central air and heater and remodeled the house but no one's coming right now. Hopefully being able to put BRAND NEW ROOF on the listing will help.

It's not like other houses around us are selling, not many people leave here once they get here, most of my neighbors I knew when I was a kid growing up in this house This is the only house up for sale in my subdivision. Maybe I should be ranting about this! lol

If noithing else, at least we can enjoy the new roof for a while!

I like the positive spin you put on it! That's such a hard decision to make too because you could leave it up for sale and hope you get the right buyer but if you keep it up for sale and then someone sees how long it's been on the market they could really try to low ball you. Sometimes it's better to take it off the market for a while so you don't look desparate. A family member of ours is having the same problem. They had their house up for sale and decided to take it down for 90 days so it doesn't show that it's been on the market for so long.

So gg, after removing a bug of some sort from my neck area that stowed away on me I walk into subway and see a smoked pulled pork that's new. My name is all over that. I order and then they announce the credit machine isn't working and it's cash only. No pulled pork for oem. And it looked so good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So gg, after removing a bug of some sort from my neck area that stowed away on me I walk into subway and see a smoked pulled pork that's new. My name is all over that. I order and then they announce the credit machine isn't working and it's cash only. No pulled pork for oem. And it looked so good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch that's a double punch in the gut right there.

Well, they finished the roof and it looks great! Too bad it took three days to do it, their profit margin was not as much as they would have liked since they normally do these in less than 8 hours and on just one day. Three trips out, three times setting up and shutting down.

Well, they finished the roof and it looks great! Too bad it took three days to do it, their profit margin was not as much as they would have liked since they normally do these in less than 8 hours and on just one day. Three trips out, three times setting up and shutting down.

Last fall we had a leaking water lateral to the house. Guy quoted $2,800 cash. Said it would take two guys half a day. No big holes in the ground. Said he had an auger thing that made it easy. Oops. Ran into trouble. Ended up having to bring a baby front end loader on site, and had five guys here for like fourteen hours. I'm thinking he didn't make out so well.

Kevin

I need to mow the yard (dang rain) before the World Cup third place game.

no rain here in the NE for weeks and what happens when we finally get some? Monsoon conditions all day

no rain here in the NE for weeks and what happens when we finally get some? Monsoon conditions all day

When it rains it pours. Nobody knows that more than us Floridians. Stay dry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back