Matt Every Arrested for Drug Possession

Oh so the act doesnt matter, its whether the cops catch you, or the media catches you is what the real problem?

Who said that? Acts matter all the time, but when it comes to fact vs fiction, an arrest is a little different than the media publishing a picture of something that happened. Had it been a felony of sorts, things would have been investigated. In this case it was not, and Phelps owned up to it. It is a different story than getting arrested. Should he be okay with that? Of course not!

Just this morning you were enamored with a criminal because he was not getting caught. Now you say it does not matter if someone gets caught!

ZING!!!!!

I thought it was interesting how he still hasnt got caught.
Who said that? Acts matter all the time, but when it comes to fact vs fiction, an arrest is a little different than the media publishing a picture of something that happened. Had it been a felony of sorts, things would have been investigated. In this case it was not, and Phelps owned up to it. It is a different story than getting arrested. Plain and simple.

Just this morning you were enamored with a criminal because he was not getting caught. Now you say it does not matter if someone gets caught!

I thought it was interesting how he still hasnt got caught.

Your quote

I love watching this kid disrupt the world, and outsmart everyone in his path. Fly, Colton, Fly

Back on topic, does everybody believe that the PGA will due more random testing?

Oh so the act doesnt matter, its whether the cops catch you, or the media catches you is what the real problem?

Don't really understand where your going with this question. You have to catch a person in the act to charge them with a crime. The picture of Phelps, how do you KNOW that was pot in that paper?

Back on topic, does everybody believe that the PGA will due more random testing?

I think the PGA Tour is too afraid to know the results of said testing to actually take it seriously at this point. I believe they will simply do enough testing in order to give the general public a perception of taking this issue seriously.

Don't really understand where your going with this question. You have to catch a person in the act to charge them with a crime. The picture of Phelps, how do you KNOW that was pot in that paper?

then Tiger is innocent too...

How do you figure? In the TW case the police were involved and he was issued a citation. It was at that point he chose to come forward about a different matter. Comparing the two is ridiculous, one is a drug crime.

I think they should. Us regular shmucks get tested on our jobs, every other sport does it so why not more in golf. I think keeping clean is a small price to pay for the opportunity to earn millions. It also helps to protect the sponsors as well, maybe then they won't have their guys throwing frat parties in hotel rooms.

I do not think the PGA will do more drug testing, at least not right now. I think that they have had enough "bad" media for right now. Especially for the PGA. You typically do not hear of too much bad media in golf ( minus JD)

I think they should. Us regular shmucks get tested on our jobs, every other sport does it so why not more in golf. I think keeping clean is a small price to pay for the opportunity to earn millions. It also helps to protect the sponsors as well, maybe then they won't have their guys throwing frat parties in hotel rooms.

I agree that we do get tested and if caught....bye bye. But, I can assure you that a sales rep making the company millions of dollars a year will not get canned for a random drug test. Company policy or not.

I think theyll wait a while because if there are people out there using any sort of anything, they will take this event, think there will be drug testing and clean themselves up. By the time drug testing rolls around, all clear

How does every single wrong doing come back to Tiger? Tiger committed a morally wrong act, Every broke an enforceable LAW! How is that the same? Also from what I can see Tiger is being punished quite well for what he did.

I think it was more of a "look how easy this guy is getting off, lets leave tiger alone"

I agree that we do get tested and if caught....bye bye. But, I can assure you that a sales rep making the company millions of dollars a year will not get canned for a random drug test. Company policy or not.

I could not disagree more and have dealt with this in a contract basis close to a hundred times.

you know what? if i wasn't a forum member on thp i wouldn't have even known about matt every getting arrested or whatever it was. the pga prolly won't enforce any testing any time soon b/c it's MATT EVERY!

I could not disagree more and have dealt with this in a contract basis close to a hundred times.

Contract for an athlete?

There was a guy in my class whose dad worked at a car dealer. And there was this one guy who was an extreme cokehead, but he sold an unreal amount of cars. They had a staff meeting about it because it wasnt a 'hidden' problem, and they voted on it. The guy kept selling cars and because he was so great at his job, they all got bonuses for meeting the quota.

you know what? if i wasn't a forum member on thp i wouldn't have even known about matt every getting arrested or whatever it was. the pga prolly won't enforce any testing any time soon b/c it's MATT EVERY!

Very true. Haven't heard about it anywhere else.

Contract for an athlete?

No, you said sales reps, so I was speaking of sales reps. Do you have some sort of statistic that shows failed drug tests by successful sales reps dont matter? Company policies on drugs are enforced in every thing I have ever seen.

There was a guy in my class whose dad worked at a car dealer. And there was this one guy who was an extreme cokehead, but he sold an unreal amount of cars. They had a staff meeting about it because it wasnt a 'hidden' problem, and they voted on it. The guy kept selling cars and because he was so great at his job, they all got bonuses for meeting the quota.

My brothers uncles cousins sister worked at that dealership and asked if their was a drug policy in place because many times car salesman are 1099 employees

No, you said sales reps, so I was speaking of sales reps. Do you have some sort of statistic that shows failed drug tests by successful sales reps dont matter? Company policies on drugs are enforced in every thing I have ever seen.

hell no I dont have a statistic, I am not a Nerd....My wife worked in HR for a time and when someone fails a drug test it is not immediate grounds for dismissal, it is something that can be talked about with the employee and employer...It all depends on the final decision of the employer.

Back