Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
Did I see Bubba Watson playing with both a left and right hand glove last week? Are there any other LPGA or PGA Tour players who do this? Do you? Wonder if it's worth a try?

Did I see Bubba Watson playing with both a left and right hand glove last week? Are there any other LPGA or PGA Tour players who do this? Do you? Wonder if it's worth a try?

How about "Tommy Two Gloves"?

no way....in fact i've just started taking off my glove for all shots <100 yds and have noticed some improvement. Prob just a coincidence but I'll keep doing it until I get into a funk or something

I have two gloves for winter! :snowman:

I wear one glove except when I have my Winter golf gloves on. It feels odd the first time during the season when I wear two, but I adjust quickly.

I play with two gloves all the time. Out here it is a sun issue with me. If I don't wear two gloves, the back side of my hands take a beating from the sun's rays. I never take them off during a round of golf, unless we stop at the turn. I even practice, and putt wearing two gloves. I also use batting gloves, as opposed to "golf" gloves since they already come in pairs, and tend to last longer.

I play with two gloves all the time. Out here it is a sun issue with me. If I don't wear two gloves, the back side of my hands take a beating from the sun's rays. I never take them off during a round of golf, unless we stop at the turn. I even practice, and putt wearing two gloves. I also use batting gloves, as opposed to "golf" gloves since they already come in pairs, and tend to last longer.

Are you serious? If so, that's awesome.

Oh and I wear 2 gloves sometimes. It depends on how much I am playing. My right hand can get torn up when I go to the range frequently.

There was a guy from my (mainly) Italian home town whose nickname was "Tony Two Gloves," but I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with golf. And everyone was afraid to ask.

Have you tried the Bionic gloves? I haven't managed to tear my first one yet this season and have been using it since probably April. The poor Nike glove I started the season with lasted just over a month before it started to come apart.

Have you tried the Bionic gloves? I haven't managed to tear my first one yet this season and have been using it since probably April. The poor Nike glove I started the season with lasted just over a month before it started to come apart.

I have two Bionic Gloves and LOVE them!

I have two Bionic Gloves and LOVE them!

I just wear a single glove, have never worn two for any sport including baseball. After this first Bionic, I don't see myself using any other glove anytime soon. Once this one either tears or the leather stiffens up from use it'll be replaced with another. Well worth the "premium" price vs. the Nike I had before.

I just wear a single glove, have never worn two for any sport including baseball. After this first Bionic, I don't see myself using any other glove anytime soon. Once this one either tears or the leather stiffens up from use it'll be replaced with another. Well worth the "premium" price vs. the Nike I had before.

I don't actually wear two gloves. I keep a backup Bionic because of the high humidity here which soaks a glove through after nine.

Last edited:
Yea, Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey is perhaps the most notable (from Big Break fame) guy on tour....though he is not likely to have his card this year. He wears 2 black gloves which really makes them stand out....but his swing is awful, don't know why he didn't spend some of that 2nd place money last year (end of season Disney tournament that Davis Love won) on some lessons.

How about "Tommy Two Gloves"?

A pair of Mizuno batting gloves (under $20)will last me a year, if I take care of them, and keep them clean . If not for the sun issue, I probably wouldn't even wear gloves at all.

Provisional - How white are your hands? Or do you use self tanner on them?

My hands are fine. They match my arms, and there are no tan lines. I don't wear gloves all the times when I am out doors, just when I working around the house and golfing. When I am in extended periods of hot sun. When I use to do the west coast bass fishing tournament thing, I would wear gloves, long pants, and long sleeve shirts in triple digit heat. Interesting point is I have always dressed for sunshine. My wife on the other hand has relied on sunscreen. She has had bouts with skin cancer, where as I have not. I don't use sun screen. Go figure.
Provisional - How white are your hands? Or do you use self tanner on them?

Provisional, when my in-laws lived in Palm Springs, we would go yearly for a week's vacation...always at the wrong time...August...when the mid-day heat would often be 115-120*F, and I would be the only one taking advantage of the mid-afternoon cheap golf rates ("yea, yous must be a tourist, a cheap tourist", lol). Anyway, their neighbors would often come over and I would cringe at the sight of one couple who looked like a walking pair of alligator luggage, their skin was so dried and crinkled from years in the sun. Made me want to apply sunblock with a paint brush.

My hands are fine. They match my arms, and there are no tan lines. I don't wear gloves all the times when I am out doors, just when I working around the house and golfing. When I am in extended periods of hot sun. When I use to do the west coast bass fishing tournament thing, I would wear gloves, long pants, and long sleeve shirts in triple digit heat. Interesting point is I have always dressed for sunshine. My wife on the other hand has relied on sunscreen. She has had bouts with skin cancer, where as I have not. I don't use sun screen. Go figure.

I know exactly what you mean. I have seen the same type of folks. I would never give up my sun shine for months of snow, and ice. But like cold weather you have dress for sun shine too.
Provisional, when my in-laws lived in Palm Springs, we would go yearly for a week's vacation...always at the wrong time...August...when the mid-day heat would often be 115-120*F, and I would be the only one taking advantage of the mid-afternoon cheap golf rates ("yea, yous must be a tourist, a cheap tourist", lol). Anyway, their neighbors would often come over and I would cringe at the sight of one couple who looked like a walking pair of alligator luggage, their skin was so dried and crinkled from years in the sun. Made me want to apply sunblock with a paint brush.

Anyone use two gloves?

Anyone use two gloves?

Sorry if it's been asked, couldn't find a thread.

Just as the title says, has anyone used two gloves? I saw a bit with Tommy Gainey on Golf Channel and it got me curious to try it sometime. I may just get a set of wet weather gloves and try those since they come in a pair anyways. Any input or experience would be great.

Two glove tommy

I am currently using two gloves because my hands are so sweaty, its awful but I am in the process of putting new grips on and its not even helping. On the hot days my hands get suuuper wet.

I have a pair of wet weather gloves for rain, but otherwise just one and I take it off for wedges and the putter

Back