Bridgestone does it right!!!

TC, we definitely need to play. July frees up for me after the 10th. Besides getting up to your neck of the woods that time of the summer is usually a nice respite from the steaminess in G-Vegas. JB, i'm sure my bro will love to tee it up with some THPers, even if he'd wax me by 10 or 15 shots.

Hmmmm you are a 7 handicap and he would beat you by 10-15 shots... yikes!!!

Yeah, he's a stick. He is a mini-tour player who until recently was caddying until he found some sponsor support. Now he's playing a bit in the Carolinas trying to get ready for Q-School this fall. If I shoot 78, he's shooting 68 without question.

Upstate SC Feels like heaven compared to Columbia, SC, where I spent 4-years in college and 2 summers working in minor league baseball. it truly is the armpit of the south. Hotter than hell and humidity than you can cut with a knife. Greenville is about 5-8 degrees cooler than there on average. Lets set something up. Maybe we can talk JB and GolferGal into a trip up here.

i'm working on that, but JB's like an old man who won't leave florida, haha!!

i feel you on columbia man, good lord, it's brutally hot. we could either play in asheville or meet in tryon or something? i figured you may have some connections. i can get us hooked up at a couple of places around here.

I am on the SC Golf Course Ratings Panel - we rank the top 50 courses in SC - so i have made some great connections. I'll work on it and see what I can do. Maybe somewhere on the lake or in the mountains. Have you played Cliffs Keowee Vineyards? Or any of the Cliffs courses. PM me with your budget threshold for a round and we'll go from there.

I am on the SC Golf Course Ratings Panel - we rank the top 50 courses in SC - so i have made some great connections. I'll work on it and see what I can do. Maybe somewhere on the lake or in the mountains. Have you played Cliffs Keowee Vineyards? Or any of the Cliffs courses. PM me with your budget threshold for a round and we'll go from there.

pm on the way!

I just checked and they are going to be in Nova Scotia next week. I know what I'll be doing for lunch one day. :act-up:

It is well worth it Chesnutt

I will let you know how it went. Maybe they will have the ball that bounces off the tree onto the fairway instaead of further into the woods.

just found a e6 in my dads bag, pretty excited to test it out.. and he wont miss it because he has played one round of golf in the last 5 years, i think his bag is next on my list for stealing lol

just found a e6 in my dads bag, pretty excited to test it out.. and he wont miss it because he has played one round of golf in the last 5 years, i think his bag is next on my list for stealing lol

hahaha....I like your style

ok, just did a ball fitting with an online rep and I wanted to let everone know how it went. I should have had the conversation emailed to me to post on here.

I will say that to start out, the rep asked me a couple of questions (not many) and after about 2 replies came back with the B330 RX...that answer really disappointed me and here is why....The only info I provided was swing speed. he then came back with the e6, there was nothing to really support that. I told the rep that I could have chose that ball on my own but I wanted reasons why. We then got into a 15 minute conversation about ball flight, spin, and what I was looking for in a ball. He then decided that the e5 was prob the best ball for me. this I liked because I could tell he was actually listening to me now. I have already done some looking into the e series and knew that the e5 was best for me but I just wanted to give the fitting a try with the online consulting. So, although it took a minute for the rep to see that I wasnt there to just be told B330 RX!! after a little bit of prodding he was able to establish the e5. So I would recommend if you go on there, dont just give a little info and run with it. Show them you know your game and you are very serious about your golf ball. I just purchased a box of the Nike One tour and will give those a try for a bit, then I will buy a sleeve of the e5 and the 330 RX. I will post back at some point to let everyone in on my findings.

here is the feedback I left after my online fitting: Well, get your reps to ask the questions. I had already fit mself for an E5 just from what I had read. 2 sentences into it, a rep is telling me the 330 RX and no reason why....it seemd like a sale and not that they cared. Once we talked a bit more, he started telling me why the e5 would best suit me if I didnt want to take the 330 RX route. Overall a good expereince. it just took me warming the sales rep up and not him prodding me.

so, as you can see...the rep was very knowledgeable. I say give it a try!

Glad your experience turned around One-T. I'm guessing it must have been a fluke. I spent 10-15 minutes with "Jeff" and he was really helpful. He took the lead and did ask a lot of questions. BTW, I love the e5. Hope it works our for you.

When I did my fitting I spoke to Jeff too. Really nice and knowledgable. Didn't make me feel like a tool when I was talking about how I valued certain characteristics that may not fit my handicap.
Glad your experience turned around One-T. I'm guessing it must have been a fluke. I spent 10-15 minutes with "Jeff" and he was really helpful. He took the lead and did ask a lot of questions. BTW, I love the e5. Hope it works our for you.

I did the online fitting yesterday and was told the e6 was best for me. But he did not hardly ask me any questions. I was particularly surprised he never asked me what my swing speed was. About all I was asked is if I needed help with direction off the tee. I said I sometimes fight a slice. then he said e6 and that was basically it.

I had already figured that out myself after 5 mins of looking on their site. It seems some of you have had a more thorough "fitting" than others...

Yeah, I will give the e5 a try one day, I could use a little higher ball flight

china- well you have to remember they go through 100s of these a day so just tell them your swing speed even if they dont ask and your driver distance and really ask them alot of questions to.. i did a couple of the chat things with 2 different guys and was recommended with the rx ball i didnt know my swing speed but plan on getting it soon then going back and doing another chat.. u might try doing another chat and telling them all your info and what you want and ask about all the balls..

china- well you have to remember they go through 100s of these a day so just tell them your swing speed even if they dont ask and your driver distance and really ask them alot of questions to.. i did a couple of the chat things with 2 different guys and was recommended with the rx ball i didnt know my swing speed but plan on getting it soon then going back and doing another chat.. u might try doing another chat and telling them all your info and what you want and ask about all the balls..

I did tell him my swing speed and a lot of other info. I just thought it was weird at the time he didnt really ask me anything before recommending especially since I read some of you had 30+ min sessions. doesn't matter...Im gonna try a box of the e6 this weekend anyway.

So I got to do my first real-life ball fitting today with Bridgestone. I came away very surprised. I had convinced myself (and online fitters) that I need a higher-spin ball to get me a better ball flight. Turns out, I was dead wrong. After hitting about six e5's the rep told me to try out the e6. He said that I would not only be able to compress it more, but I would get less undesirable spin.

The e6 increased by distance by over 20 yards. Ball speed increased by 3mph and my launch angle went from 6.1 to 12.5°! I was fighting a slicing ball flight during the testing and the e6 helped that slightly as well. I took home a couple of the new balls to try out. As the rep said, the numbers don't lie.

I think this shows how important it is to get a good ball fitting on a monitor. Our brains tell us things that may not be true, but a monitor will tell it like it is every time. Awesome experience.

Welcome to the e6 clubs hawk. Glad you enjoyed your experience and you got great info at the fitting.

You certainly weren't struggling with a low ball flight on Saturday. I am glad that you got a good fit and with another 20 yards you'll be very formidable off the tee! Can't wait to see it!

I am looking forward to a real fitting too, as soon as I can find one near me.

So I got to do my first real-life ball fitting today with Bridgestone. I came away very surprised. I had convinced myself (and online fitters) that I need a higher-spin ball to get me a better ball flight. Turns out, I was dead wrong. After hitting about six e5's the rep told me to try out the e6. He said that I would not only be able to compress it more, but I would get less undesirable spin.

The e6 increased by distance by over 20 yards. Ball speed increased by 3mph and my launch angle went from 6.1 to 12.5°! I was fighting a slicing ball flight during the testing and the e6 helped that slightly as well. I took home a couple of the new balls to try out. As the rep said, the numbers don't lie.

I think this shows how important it is to get a good ball fitting on a monitor. Our brains tell us things that may not be true, but a monitor will tell it like it is every time. Awesome experience.

I've re-read what I posted and wanted to follow-up a little because it sounds kind of crazy.

First of all, my drives with both balls pretty much sucked, but they were not that different than the way I drive the ball at times. The drives and results with the e6 sucked much less. It got me over the 200 yard mark with a crappy swing.

My swing speed was 93 on average with both balls. With the e6 I was getting more ball speed and a better launch angle, hence the extra yardage. The fitter explained it by saying that I wasn't compressing the e5 enough to get the distance and launch angle I needed.

Now, last Monday, when I played with RxGus, I hit a few pop-ups that went even higher due to some fierce winds. Those were surely due to bad swings as well (I see a recurring theme here).

I guess my point is that I don't think my drastic increase in distance in that typical. I think the e6 just worked best for what was a string of pretty poor swings. I really am looking forward to taking it out and seeing what happens when I hit the ball well.

I guess my point is that I don't think my drastic increase in distance in that typical. I think the e6 just worked best for what was a string of pretty poor swings. I really am looking forward to taking it out and seeing what happens when I hit the ball well.

Im not sure hawk. I will give you an example. My father who is now 70 always played the ProV1 since they came out. So did his entire group of 16 golfers in his Wednesday group. They all did a Bridgestone ball fitting and only 1 golfer was fit for that ProV1. The rest were a mix of e series and RX. The average distance gained was over 12 yards and two of the golfers got gains over 18 yards. These are all golfers that have been playing the game for over 30 years.

Well, that makes me feel better. I was just looking at what I wrote and it looked crazy. It makes sense to me because I saw it in person, but I wasn't sure what other people would think.

I took the e6 out yesterday for my round. It really worked well for me. I was still fighting some nasty side-spin, but I was seeing much more distance with my bad shots. I'm excited to see what happens when I get my driver swing in order. The first hole I hit a big "power fade" and still ended up at 220 yards. That in itself proved to me that this is a great ball. Usually, the spin will take over on a shot like that and I'm stuck at some pathetic distance. I didn't mind the somewhat harder cover at all and had no problems with the ball rolling too much when it hit the green. I'm going to pick up a dozen and play them for now.

Back