Taylormade Burner SuperFast Experiment

Yeah, I thought I could hit the ball far, but I didn't even try to compete with Biggsy. That guy can crush a ball.

Thanks for the shout out Smalls. That clubhead speed never sees the course anymore because I can't controle it. I am really struggling with my driver these days. I am thinking of putting something new in the bag to maybe shake off some of the bad joo joo. I am going to give the SF a try.

Check the used section of GG , the one by me had about 3 of them used for around 150 maybe even less. Pretty good condition too.

JB,
Great info in the initial article. I know that you guys got the Superfast TP in for testing, will there be a separate writeup of that club, or a comparison between the "regular" Superfast and the TP version?

Check the used section of GG , the one by me had about 3 of them used for around 150 maybe even less. Pretty good condition too.

Thanks for that tip OEM! I am going to have to run to the PGA Store and Golf Smith to see if they have one.

JB,
Great info in the initial article. I know that you guys got the Superfast TP in for testing, will there be a separate writeup of that club, or a comparison between the "regular" Superfast and the TP version?

No, there really wont be. The reason being is that the clubs are virtually the same. One is open and one is not. Sure the shafts are different, but we believe in fitting and finding the right shaft for everybody, so unless Matrix wants us to review the shaft, we will skip it.

Our suggestion is to try both out and go with what works. Being that the heads are virtually identical according to Taylormade on our radio show, it all comes down to finding if open works for someone or if they prefer the regular version.

Great price! That is good stuff.

I got to try one of these out while practicing at the pga superstore and I was impressed. 15 yards over my current driver. The ball speed was a tad higher and swing speed about the same. But it really helped lower the spin with ozik shaft. Really awesome club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, there really wont be. The reason being is that the clubs are virtually the same. One is open and one is not. Sure the shafts are different, but we believe in fitting and finding the right shaft for everybody, so unless Matrix wants us to review the shaft, we will skip it.

Our suggestion is to try both out and go with what works. Being that the heads are virtually identical according to Taylormade on our radio show, it all comes down to finding if open works for someone or if they prefer the regular version.

JB,
Thanks for the info. I've got a gift certificate for the TaylorMade Performance Lab that I'm going to use later this summer, so I'm going to get fit into a driver at that time. I'm playing a 2007 Burner TP driver right now, so I'm thinking it's time to upgrade. When I got fit into that club I hooked the ball more than I sliced it, but now it's the opposite! So hearing that the heads (regular vs. TP) are basically the same makes me think the regular version might be better for me. I wasn't sure if the TP head was more fade-biased via internal weighting rather than just being set in an open position. Also, I'm going to assume that I can get a custom shaft at a custom length via TMPL instead of the really light stock shaft at 46.5 inches.

JB,
Thanks for the info. I've got a gift certificate for the TaylorMade Performance Lab that I'm going to use later this summer, so I'm going to get fit into a driver at that time. I'm playing a 2007 Burner TP driver right now, so I'm thinking it's time to upgrade. When I got fit into that club I hooked the ball more than I sliced it, but now it's the opposite! So hearing that the heads (regular vs. TP) are basically the same makes me think the regular version might be better for me. I wasn't sure if the TP head was more fade-biased via internal weighting rather than just being set in an open position. Also, I'm going to assume that I can get a custom shaft at a custom length via TMPL instead of the really light stock shaft at 46.5 inches.

TMPL will customize for you definitely. Looking forward to your thoughts on this one

i now know why you game the superfast 3w jb. its one awesome club! idk if i will ever pull out driver again lol if the hybrids are as good as the woods then i think almost everyone might be gaming them.

I would love to hear some thoughts on the forgiveness of the club. When I miss, it happens on the toe. Very few heel misses. How is the driver off the toe? haha. I just tried it out for a good test yesterday and I fell in love. I'm gonna try and wait until after September outing to buy (If I do, it's 80% now) but I don't think it's realistic. How is the forgiveness overall? I may have missed it in the review and I apologize if I did. I'm hitting the Dymo2 Str8 now and previous driver was a Tour Burner. The Tour Burner was great for a bit but forgiveness wasn't all that great. Thanks in advance!

those that are playing it full time can attest more than me, but I find the forgiveness outstanding, even with the longer shaft. My miss is normally low on the toe and I still get a great ball flight and solid distance.

That is very good to hear. Because this club is a rocket. I was talking to the guys at PGA SS about a fitting with it too... Man. I'm gonna try and wait though.

That is very good to hear. Because this club is a rocket. I was talking to the guys at PGA SS about a fitting with it too... Man. I'm gonna try and wait though.

You could win one at the outing remember.

Excellent point JB... And it's only a few months away!!!!!!!! Hmmm... and if I don't win it there, I can always announce my purchase via PPV.
You could win one at the outing remember.

Excellent point JB... And it's only a few months away!!!!!!!! Hmmm... and if I don't win it there, I can always announce my purchase via PPV.

haha with an hour special before it. You could talk about what led up to your decision and how it will effect the lives of those around you

haha with an hour special before it. You could talk about what led up to your decision and how it will effect the lives of those around you

Thats simple enough, he's a member of THP and the peer pressure was just too much for him!

Thatd be probably what happens. Lol. This club really is the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that tip OEM! I am going to have to run to the PGA Store and Golf Smith to see if they have one.

They were probably his trade-ins!

They were probably his trade-ins!

lol nope not mine. I was actually surprised to see so many of them already for sale used.

What's the best flex for my speed?

What's the best flex for my speed?

Hope I'm not reasking someone elses question.....what flex do you guys use in the superfast? I usually use a reg shaft with a 90-95 mph swing. The superfast measures about 95-100+ for me according to the GG monitor. I bought a regular today, but on the range, it was hooking like crazy. Could have been me.

Would you think a stiff would be more appropriate? Thanks.

Hope I'm not reasking someone elses question.....what flex do you guys use in the superfast? I usually use a reg shaft with a 90-95 mph swing. The superfast measures about 95-100+ for me according to the GG monitor. I bought a regular today, but on the range, it was hooking like crazy. Could have been me.

Would you think a stiff would be more appropriate? Thanks.

I would recommend hitting them both and seeing which one gives better numbers on the monitor.

Well I must say i got to hit the superfast driver and three wood of Dirt Guys today and WOW! I really liked the weight of the club head and the look at adress. They felt REALLY good hitting them during our round today, even with shafts that were set up for dirt. Now i am going to have to go to the store next time i am in Denver and check them out on a moniter.

I'm experimenting with this club as well. When I got these, I ordered the stiff shaft because everyone that looks at me thinks I'll swing big (6'2" and 230 lbs). I went to GolfUSA and Golf Galaxy while in civilization this week and discovered that my swingspeed is only around 90-92 with the stock setup. Needless to say the stiff was a little bit much for my swing since I didn't come close to over 100 mph and a regular flex was in my near future. I saw the Golf Galaxy was having a big sale on their shafts so I told them to set me up with something for my driver and 3 wood. They noticed my launch angle with the stock regular setup and 9.5* head was a little high (average 15*). They put in a 65g ProLaunch Red (only $40) in my driver to bring that down a bit and help increase my consistency and is now playing at 46". I was having some trouble with hitting my 3 wood off the deck so they found an Epic (only $20) that they thought would give me great results.

Today I played my first round with this setup and it felt amazing. This was the first time I pulled out the driver and felt confident with it. I like the additional whip and heavier feel they both have. All I have left now is to get my ball position figured out (since the shaft is shorter than before and longer than any other driver shaft I've owned) and let my swing groove with it.

I would love to hear some thoughts on the forgiveness of the club. When I miss, it happens on the toe. Very few heel misses. How is the driver off the toe? haha. I just tried it out for a good test yesterday and I fell in love. I'm gonna try and wait until after September outing to buy (If I do, it's 80% now) but I don't think it's realistic. How is the forgiveness overall? I may have missed it in the review and I apologize if I did. I'm hitting the Dymo2 Str8 now and previous driver was a Tour Burner. The Tour Burner was great for a bit but forgiveness wasn't all that great. Thanks in advance!
The club is not as forgiving to me as some others I have hit. For me it makes a more distinct sound when it's mishit and doesn't travel as far. The trajectory is still good and with the PX shaft the mishits are not as bad as when I had the standard shaft in it. Nothing compares to the club when it's hit on the screws however.

Back