GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
These just arrived at our office. They are beautiful in person!

925313756_iPWTf-L-1.jpg

925313849_yMbEW-L-1.jpg

925313906_tL44m-L-1.jpg

925313917_G2ghu-L-1.jpg

Im not worthy!

Very nice

nice! Adams is really coming out with some great looking stuff now. definitely getting away from being 'just a hybrids co.'

Very nice! My old man plays the new A7 and they are sweet as well

these may be my favorite looking iron out there right now. have fun with the review, can't wait for this one.

Very nice! Are these classified as Game Improvement or are they more of a players iron?

Very nice! Are these classified as Game Improvement or are they more of a players iron?

These are players irons. Very thin topline, small head, etc...

These are players irons. Very thin topline, small head, etc...

Cool, I just thought that the sole looked a little wide to be a players iron, but it could just be the camera angle. Nice looking clubs regardless!

Beautiful looking irons. Glad they are players irons. At least I might not be tempted to buy them.

Beautiful looking irons. Glad they are players irons. At least I might not be tempted to buy them.

haha thats an excellent observation!

These do look nice :)

Got a chance to play with these for a while today at the range. A couple of observations:

They are absolutely gorgeous looking.
Ball striking is very good.
Workability is great. Left right high or low with no problems
Feel to me was just "okay". It seemed 50/50 for those that tested it on the feel side of things.

Putting them in the bag for the course over the weekend, so will know more then obviously.

interesting that you found feel just 'ok' but the workability great. curious to see how these work for your round(s) this weekend

Got a chance to play with these for a while today at the range. A couple of observations:

They are absolutely gorgeous looking.
Ball striking is very good.
Workability is great. Left right high or low with no problems
Feel to me was just "okay". It seemed 50/50 for those that tested it on the feel side of things.

Putting them in the bag for the course over the weekend, so will know more then obviously.

feel's always subjective though. it is tough to hear that the feel's 50/50 though. i like the look of these A LOT

true, I would think that if workability is great then you're getting some good feel for what you're trying to do
feel's always subjective though. it is tough to hear that the feel's 50/50 though. i like the look of these A LOT

We have had 6 people hit them so far and half have liked the feel and the other half thought the feel was a little harsh for this type of iron. It is very subjective, but having played close to 15 players irons this year alone, I would rank this one near the bottom of that category. However keep in mind that this is only one range session and a lot can change when we get them out on the course.

true, I would think that if workability is great then you're getting some good feel for what you're trying to do

Not always the case. I relate feel to the feel at impact of the ball. I can work the heck out of some players irons that I thought teh feel was just terrible. I have also found irons that I think the feel is spectacular and had trouble moving the ball up and down and left and right.

We have had 6 people hit them so far and half have liked the feel and the other half thought the feel was a little harsh for this type of iron. It is very subjective, but having played close to 15 players irons this year alone, I would rank this one near the bottom of that category. However keep in mind that this is only one range session and a lot can change when we get them out on the course.

hmm, these are forged, yes?

They sure are.

god, i hate to hear that they feel harsh. that's just not what i would've expected, and if more than one tester says this than there must be something there that just isn't right. what's the shaft in these?

god, i hate to hear that they feel harsh. that's just not what i would've expected, and if more than one tester says this than there must be something there that just isn't right. what's the shaft in these?

KBS Tour 90s. A shaft I normally absolutely love. Dont get me wrong, they are not bad clubs in anyway. They are quite good. They just reminded me in feel of the R7 TPs or the Ping I10s. Neither set did I care for feel wise that much (both are cast by the way), but they were just slightly harsh feeling to me. Not what I expected at all.

Again, this is all after only 1 range session, and more will be coming soon.

KBS Tour 90s. A shaft I normally absolutely love. Dont get me wrong, they are not bad clubs in anyway. They are quite good. They just reminded me in feel of the R7 TPs or the Ping I10s. Neither set did I care for feel wise that much (both are cast by the way), but they were just slightly harsh feeling to me. Not what I expected at all.

Again, this is all after only 1 range session, and more will be coming soon.

i get that it was only 1 session, and i'm sure if you take them out this weekend and light it up then the feel really becomes subjective. i'm looking forward to this review and more information.

anymore on these irons JB?

Back