John Deere Classic - SPOILERS

I want to go hog wild in that Callaway tent!!

They had tractors for tee markers
DSCF1978.jpg

DSCF1977.jpg

View down the 18th fairway
DSCF1961.jpg

Farther down the fairway
DSCF1947.jpg

Front of the 18th green
DSCF1948.jpg

Back of the 18th green
DSCF1949.jpg

Bubba and his caddy
DSCF1980.jpg

Bubba on the 17th green
DSCF1979.jpg

Rocco
DSCF1975.jpg

DSCF1974.jpg

Charley Hoffman putting from 100 feet
DSCF1973.jpg

Paul Goydos pulling the flag and putting
DSCF1959.jpg

DSCF1960.jpg

Tim Clark w/o long putter
DSCF1970.jpg

Extra visor shot for TC
DSCF1979.jpg

The tractor tee markers are PIMP!! Thats so cool

That's about it guys. I have some others, but as you can see, many of them are taken from far away. Can't wait to this again next year!

They were cool. They had different ones on each tee box that I saw.

Such detail too, awesome! Good stuff man! Look forward to day two!

I wish I could go again, but I actually have to go to real work tomorrow. Technically, I got paid for this today!

The tractor tee markers are PIMP!! Thats so cool

+1... my kid would kill for one of those markers. (he's in that trucks, trucks, and more trucks stage)

if roccos not with callaway anymore, whats he wearing/bagging. I assume his clubs are the same if hes comfortable with them, but the bag/hat wouldve changed? no?

if roccos not with callaway anymore, whats he wearing/bagging. I assume his clubs are the same if hes comfortable with them, but the bag/hat wouldve changed? no?

His bag was a no-name stand bag. It looked very odd to see a pro carrying one. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at his clubs.

Low scores out there today already. Blake Adams is -5 through 5. He went birdie-eagle to start, I believe.

Im surprised one of his other sponsors didnt whip him up a staff bag. A player was carrying a sunice bag at the AT&T. I know roccos not Sunice, but who are his sponsors other than callaway?
His bag was a o-name stand bag. It looked very odd to see a pro carrying one. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at his clubs.

Low scores out there today already. Blake Adams is -5 through 5. He went birdie-eagle to start, I believe.

Im surprised one of his other sponsors didnt whip him up a staff bag. A player was carrying a sunice bag at the AT&T. I know roccos not Sunice, but who are his sponsors other than callaway?

its not that easy. Players want to maximize deals and he is waiting for the next deal rather than taking a few thousand dollars to slap a brand on his bag. Callaway was one of his few sponsors and he is a complete free agent at this point because he had a 14 club deal with them for a while.

For those wondering, according to the Survey, he still had all Callaway equipment in his bag yesterday. We will see if taht is the same this week.

I mentioned in my run-down that Tim Clark didn't have his long putter with him. Looks like this is the reason. From golf.com:

Clark experienced another first Wednesday, though not the kind he wanted. His clubs got hung up in Chicago during his travels and never made it to town, so he borrowed a set to play in the pro-am.

"Playing today, it's not a big deal," Clark said. "I still got out there and saw the course and played, but if I don't have them tomorrow, I'll be in trouble."

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2002301,00.html#ixzz0t6DTgCSb

Cool, thanks!
its not that easy. Players want to maximize deals and he is waiting for the next deal rather than taking a few thousand dollars to slap a brand on his bag. Callaway was one of his few sponsors and he is a complete free agent at this point because he had a 14 club deal with them for a while.

For those wondering, according to the Survey, he still had all Callaway equipment in his bag yesterday. We will see if taht is the same this week.

Rocco is -3 and tied for third after the back nine (started on 10)! Hoping for a good show by him today after seeing what a nice guy he was.

Goydos and Jay Williamson are tied for first at -4 after the front nine.

hawk- what was the coolest thing you saw/heard durig your time 'working' the course?

The coolest thing, equipment wise, I saw was Jason Dufner talking about the Titleist 910 driver with the rep. I don't know why, but it was cool to hear him talk about getting the spin right and his ideas for adjustments. He absolutely bombed his drive, but he was thinking he could get more distance.

Personality wise, talking to Goydos and Rocco was awesome. They were just really friendly and were both making jokes.

Apparently Ricky Fowler and DLIII are owning their new Titleist D series drivers this morning. Between the two of them they have been bombing them down fairways. DLIII just sent his ball 355yrds down fairway @ hole 2 and has longest drives on four of the 10 holes he's played this AM. Both were fussing with them at the CVS Charity Classic but seem to have found the sweet spots with them. Good to see Rocco and Goydos playing well this AM too.

Goydos is going even lower. -7 through 12 holes.

He was carrying a TM Spider yesterday. I think a Monza Spider?

Back