World Cup 2010 (Spoilers!)

They paid the coach $10 million to win the cup. Capello is going to be fired before this match is over. They might as well have Beckham take over the team. England has given up.

The daily English rags are going to LOVE this storyline

Hahaha, Martin Tyler just ripped Mick Jagger for supporting a loser yesterday and today between US and England.

Well, there goes all the se hablo ingles countries. Hate to be an English player today. They're going to get slammed by the press. I'm just eagerly awaiting the Messi / Kaka matchup (and the announcing hilarities that I'm sure will ensue).

uh, would hate to be in the smallville household right now. england looks like a high school team right now.

Jacqui was getting on Rooney the whole game! Actually, all FOUR games. Because he did NOTHING this whole World Cup.

Jacqui was getting on Rooney the whole game! Actually, all FOUR games. Because he did NOTHING this whole World Cup.

Yeah, Rooney played no better than Altidore did. I'm not sure I knew he was so notorious for his temper.

Argentina sure looked good today also...GER/ARG should be quite the match depending on how many goals get disallowed or allowed that are wrong. FIFA has to start using some amount of replay (for goal determination if nothing else). The credibility hits at this point are astounding.

I don't know soccer that much, but I was so surprised that the referees were so visible via their calls and changed the outcome of numerous games so far in this year's World Cup, Refs should be seen but never heard from, their presence should be transparent. Oh well, since soccer isn't the biggest draw for America, I'd say the US squad did very well.

no doubt Ad, looking forward to this match up

Yeah, Rooney played no better than Altidore did. I'm not sure I knew he was so notorious for his temper.

Argentina sure looked good today also...GER/ARG should be quite the match depending on how many goals get disallowed or allowed that are wrong. FIFA has to start using some amount of replay (for goal determination if nothing else). The credibility hits at this point are astounding.

Robinho just scores for Brazil versus The Netherlands.

Always like to see City players scoring goals for their country. (He's still technically a City player even though he's on loan)

Robinho just scores for Brazil versus The Netherlands.

Always like to see City players scoring goals for their country. (He's still technically a City player even though he's on loan)

I heard that on the radio, soccer just isn't the same without watching it!

wow...my espn tourney hopes are in serious trouble...

Good win for the Dutch. Gotta love an underdog.

Good for the Netherlands, besides...Brazil will automatically be in the next world cup since it'll be held in Brazil!

Good for the Netherlands, besides...Brazil will automatically be in the next world cup since it'll be held in Brazil!

Yeah, try telling the Brazilians that. They enter every World Cup with the intention of winning it or at least going to the final match. For them this is a major loss. I was just also disappointed that there will be no more gratuitous camera shots of those beautiful Brazilian fans. Not to say that the Dutch supporters are not gorgeous as well because they were a close #2 to Brazil's #1.

David slays Goliath

wow Germany dismantled Argentina, they have to be the favorites of who is left

Great push by Uruguay at the end there, but the Dutch looked very good in that game.

no doubt the Dutch looked very strong, undefeated so far

Reminding everyone that the GER/ESP Semifinal is on now (ESPN). Over 60 minutes gone, but still scoreless. Some great soccer being played by both teams, especially Spain who has been on the attack for the better part of the game.

Good to see some actual saves from these two keepers.
To say goaltending has been sub-par this year would be putting it lightly.

Goal Spain!
You could feel that one coming.

Let's see if Germany can dig deep for an equalizer...

Back