Taylormade Burner SuperFast Experiment

you think they might make a superfast hybrid? that would be pretty sweet!

They do, just not for the US market right now.

hmm, cant wait to see the reviews on that one!
im surprised TM hasnt came out with a new hybrid since the last one is the "2009 rescue hybrid"

I honestly really didn't like the Superfast when I demo'ed it. I liked the Diablo Edge and R9 460, but the Superfast I really didn't like at all. I can't put my finger on it, but I think it would be lack of control.

you think they might make a superfast hybrid? that would be pretty sweet!

I forget what the site is but the canada golf sites have the SuperFast hybrid listed on them.

I really wanna try the Tour version

Its pretty much the same thing but black color and a open face, I think I heard it was 3* open.

ya i love the way the driver and 3 wood looks and if this hybrid performs the same way the driver and woods do then it might just jump in the bag to lol

I'm curious about these new "lighter and more areodynamic" drivers. My buddy works at Golf Galaxy but he's on vacation for the next two weeks so I got no real way to demo or try them out. (By them I'm reffering to TM's, Adam's, and nike's) With Club heads at this 460cc size it makes sense to make them more aero dynamic. Everything about it makes sense (as THP's tests have also shown), but what worrys me is the lighter and longer design of the club. I'm worried that the club being so light that it throws your swing completly out of whack. I've been told that even though they're lighter, these new drivers have regular swing weights so that the difference in feel is negligable. Has anybody had a tough time adjusting to them?

I answered this in a PM. No, I did not have any problem adjusting to the length or weight. I did get fit and tried SF at my range on grass tees with the R9, G15 and my Speedline. Kept going back to the SF. Like the looks and the feel. Working the ball and length is good too.

I am 54, 5'9" 215 so if the length did not bother me most "Normal" size guys with good gold bodies should be OK.

I am 54, 5'9" 215 so if the length did not bother me most "Normal" size guys with good gold bodies should be OK.

What if we've got silver bodies? sorry bad joke couldn't help myself.

I'm curious about these new "lighter and more areodynamic" drivers. My buddy works at Golf Galaxy but he's on vacation for the next two weeks so I got no real way to demo or try them out. (By them I'm reffering to TM's, Adam's, and nike's) With Club heads at this 460cc size it makes sense to make them more aero dynamic. Everything about it makes sense (as THP's tests have also shown), but what worrys me is the lighter and longer design of the club. I'm worried that the club being so light that it throws your swing completly out of whack. I've been told that even though they're lighter, these new drivers have regular swing weights so that the difference in feel is negligable. Has anybody had a tough time adjusting to them?
I loved the head of the club and went to slightly heavier and shorter shaft. It made the club even better for me.

I was not crazy about this club when it first came out, but that was just hitting about 10 shots in a simulator. Then I played with it during the first outing and now it's in my bag. I only tweaked the club because I just needed a shaft that was a little stronger.

Don't be afraid of new technology.

ya i love the way the driver and 3 wood looks and if this hybrid performs the same way the driver and woods do then it might just jump in the bag to lol
I know I tried to like the Diablo, and it is a great driver. It's just the Superfast is longer by 15-20 yards and I love the ball flight I get with it. I didn't realize they made this in a hybrid as well but now that I do the superblack will have to take a backseat to the superfast!

And for those wondering how it is working for biggsy, check out the review on the home page and see a picture of the launch monitor with his current numbers.

I know I tried to like the Diablo, and it is a great driver. It's just the Superfast is longer by 15-20 yards and I love the ball flight I get with it. I didn't realize they made this in a hybrid as well but now that I do the superblack will have to take a backseat to the superfast!

its not realesed to the us yet, OEM just found it in canada so you cant get it just yet, well unless you wanted to buy it from canada lol

I loved the head of the club and went to slightly heavier and shorter shaft. It made the club even better for me.

I was not crazy about this club when it first came out, but that was just hitting about 10 shots in a simulator. Then I played with it during the first outing and now it's in my bag. I only tweaked the club because I just needed a shaft that was a little stronger.

Don't be afraid of new technology.

Did you have this setup when I was down in FL and we played? Or was it still stock?

Wonder what the timeline is on a release here? They look like they need to be in my bag.

Wonder what the timeline is on a release here? They look like they need to be in my bag.

If you are talking about the hybrids, they are not on the sell sheet for hte US for the entire 2010 as of right now.

not a clue. jb or OEM might know..

Il be glad when you get all that callaway stuff switched over to the good side haha jk man
i am ready for you to get the new staff bag though. cant wait to see what it looks like!

It was stock. That was also the first time I hit the TP, was when you were down.

And did you see any loss of distance? haha, JB is probably laughing. How about accuracy versus the longer shaft?

And did you see any loss of distance? haha, JB is probably laughing. How about accuracy versus the longer shaft?
No, distance was about the same, but more controllable and my off-center misses had less torque on the head, making it more controllable for me. I also noticed with the PX shaft that I get a good amount of forward roll on drives.

not a clue. jb or OEM might know..

Il be glad when you get all that callaway stuff switched over to the good side haha jk man
i am ready for you to get the new staff bag though. cant wait to see what it looks like!

Gonne be atleast September. With my line of work I usually don't work during the summer so I TRY not to make any big purchases. Don't worry though, I'll have plenty of pics up after my bag is back to normal.

Back