Nike Dymo Str8-Fit vs. Taylormade R9?

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have any comparison to the Dymo Str8-fit Driver compared to the R9? Distance, Accuracy, ect.

I know you can get the Str8-fit pretty cheep and I was just wondering. Thanks!

I have the str8-fit dymo2 and I like it alot. Hot face and the 69 series shaft really fits me and the club well. If I had to do it over again I would get the round version. Im still not used to swinging a square head. Its just awkward because it seems to pull your hands. But really keeps it online. The sq version is straight and I found it very long. You can still work the ball too if you desire. But really the settings can do that for ya.

Ive been looking at the R9 family though. I demo one each time I practice lol. Its down between the supertri and 460. But are very forgiving and feel great. The supertri is longer for me on the simulator and i like the adjustible weight option. The 460 is great too.

The dymo is longer for me but it just comes down to I like the feel better on the downswing. Kinda odd but its how I roll.

If you have any specific questions on the dymo pm me!
Edit: some people dont like the look of the square head but it really wasnt an issue for me at all. It does keep the ball straight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would have to just hit a few of them. I loved the Diablo Edge and the R9 460, but hated the Burner Superfast and all Nike drivers. Don't get me wrong, I still smacked the other ones further than my old crappy driver, but it's preference. I ended up settling on the Diablo Draw since I could get it cheaply.

clay, i had both, played the str8fit for a good 8 months before getting the R9. the str8 is a great driver but imo, not as long, doesn't feel as good, nor does it even compare in the sound department to the R9. i've since sold the str8, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for you. test them both if you can.

I am probably one of the few that liked the Nike over the R9. I found it has a bit of a hotter face and gives a bit more distance. It does have a very different sound, so if loud noises scare you, stay away from the Nikes. I would agree with Yacco and go for the pear version though.

I am probably one of the few that liked the Nike over the R9. I found it has a bit of a hotter face and gives a bit more distance. It does have a very different sound, so if loud noises scare you, stay away from the Nikes. I would agree with Yacco and go for the pear version though.

Sorry to drag this back up, but I echo the above. Tried out a friends R9 and didn't really get on with it. Plumped for the Round SQ Dymo and am loving it so far (early days yet though). I have it set up currently on the second neutral setting (higher trajectory) and it seems to be working fine. In fact I haven't hit my usual slice or power fade with it yet

just bought the SQ Dymo2 which upgrades me from an old Cleveland 360 launcher. Should be a nice change. And since a 460 looks like a monster and something so different already, I figured the square couldn't be much worse. Got it on ebay for $43, so not a whole lot of risk.

Anyone have any comparison to the Dymo Str8-fit Driver compared to the R9? Distance, Accuracy, ect.

I know you can get the Str8-fit pretty cheep and I was just wondering. Thanks!

There is an entire driver shoot out done when these were new and they were part of it.
They are very different drivers if you ask me.

Amazing how much my opinion has changed since I posted here. I hate reading myself. Even if it was a few weeks ago.

Amazing how much my opinion has changed since I posted here. I hate reading myself. Even if it was a few weeks ago.

what has changed? Anything to do with the Str8-Fit? I just ordered one for $50 on ebay. Might keep my old cleveland launcher 360 in the bag for a bit when I really need to work the ball off the tee.

Kinda. Alot has really changed with me. I still love the Str8-Fit series but what I thought was working the ball, wasn't working the ball. I'm sure you could still do it with the str8 but imo the R9 (original) would probably be a much better club if that's your desire. The other hard part for me was how long it took to get a Str8-Fit adapter. I love Taylormades offering because a shaft adapter is easy to come by.

I did really like the distance from the Str8 but once the newer crop of drivers (R9 Supertri and on) I didn't find it as long as those. I switched from a sqaure head to a round head and actually found the round head to be miss more for me and was not as long. Still love the feel and stock shaft with the club though.

what has changed? Anything to do with the Str8-Fit? I just ordered one for $50 on ebay. Might keep my old cleveland launcher 360 in the bag for a bit when I really need to work the ball off the tee.

Kinda. Alot has really changed with me. I still love the Str8-Fit series but what I thought was working the ball, wasn't working the ball. I'm sure you could still do it with the str8 but imo the R9 (original) would probably be a much better club if that's your desire. The other hard part for me was how long it took to get a Str8-Fit adapter. I love Taylormades offering because a shaft adapter is easy to come by.

I did really like the distance from the Str8 but once the newer crop of drivers (R9 Supertri and on) I didn't find it as long as those. I switched from a sqaure head to a round head and actually found the round head to be miss more for me and was not as long. Still love the feel and stock shaft with the club though.

great info, thanks. I have no desire to work the ball off the tee, not with the current club. The only time I really do is if I can play my natural slice. But way too often this will mess up my next drive or two as I try to over-correct the natural slice swing back to a flatter planed swing. Often ends up in a hook. So I'm definitely looking forward to just thinking "long and straight".

Np. The Dymo will definitely help keep the ball straight. Definitely interested in how it works for you.

great info, thanks. I have no desire to work the ball off the tee, not with the current club. The only time I really do is if I can play my natural slice. But way too often this will mess up my next drive or two as I try to over-correct the natural slice swing back to a flatter planed swing. Often ends up in a hook. So I'm definitely looking forward to just thinking "long and straight".

I think you will like the Nike then, just set it up with closed face, 6,7 or 8 and swing away. I have almost eliminated my slice with it so far. The good thing is that as your shot shape changes you can adjust the driver to suit again.

Back