AT&T National Third Round

Im confused? Can you point out where exactly I did that? I actually picked him to win this week.

Easy, just ruffling your feathers a bit

I posted this last week and got nothing.

IMO, the most curious missing player is KJ Choi. He won this event in '07 and also played in 08 and 09

There seems to be quite a few I expected missing. I just cannot figure out why? It seems like the right timing for the British Open tuneup.

It may have a little to do with this place being so unknown. They also have the Alstom thing going this weekend too.

So who thinks Rose will pull this one out? Or will he gag tomorrow?

Going to go jump in Rose's group. Sitting in the sun on 18 is draining me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may have a little to do with this place being so unknown. They also have the Alstom thing going this weekend too.

You think this course is too unknown?

So who thinks Rose will pull this one out? Or will he gag tomorrow?

tomorrow? we still have alot of golf left today. who knows he may not be in the lead after today. but i hope he wins it. still alot of golf left..

Interesting note from Doug Ferguson (AP golf writer) on Twitter about Tiger: "Interesting to see Tiger switch to golf balls this week -- harder cover, slightly less spin. Among the leaders in driving distance this week"

http://twitter.com/dougferguson405/status/17670514954

JB, any clue on a new Nike ball coming out, or did he just go to the One Tour D from the One Tour?

Interesting note from Doug Ferguson (AP golf writer) on Twitter about Tiger: "Interesting to see Tiger switch to golf balls this week -- harder cover, slightly less spin. Among the leaders in driving distance this week"

http://twitter.com/dougferguson405/status/17670514954

JB, any clue on a new Nike ball coming out, or did he just go to the One Tour D from the One Tour?

They have been testing 3 different prototype golf balls over the last 2 months. He has actually tested 2 different balls. Fall release is what we are hearing.

You think this course is too unknown?

They just made alot about how few of the guys have played it before.

Id rather see these guys play different courses that they dont know like the back of their hand then the same course year after year.

Id rather see these guys play different courses that they dont know like the back of their hand then the same course year after year.

I agree with you there.

Would love to see the PGA institute the rule that players have to play different events every few years.

Would also like to see there be a mandatory number they play as well.

Furyk needs to start using the yellow version of his ball...... i know he did before but that was a gimmick and was jsut for a few holes. I guess it's not as important when you've got marshall's on every hole looking for your ball.....

That ghost putter rose is using looks good on tv. really pops out against the green.

you know... I don't know if I need to see Tiger at the "Michelin Bud Light Challenge from New Mexico" or whatever. If it helps the PGA then i'm alll for it. But last weeks match didn't have any stars and it was good to see corey pavin again. Plus Bubba Watson's victory was amazing. That story was way better than to have to hear that tiger/phil took down his 8 tourn of the year by 22 strokes.

you know... I don't know if I need to see Tiger at the "Michelin Bud Light Challenge from New Mexico" or whatever. If it helps the PGA then i'm alll for it. But last weeks match didn't have any stars and it was good to see corey pavin again. Plus Bubba Watson's victory was amazing. That story was way better than to have to hear that tiger/phil took down his 8 tourn of the year by 22 strokes.

That is what I love about the rotating tournament idea. It comes down to helping the sponsors. And while some may not care if TW or any others play the off town smaller events, those cities do and need teh revenue to keep a sponsor.

That is what I love about the rotating tournament idea. It comes down to helping the sponsors. And while some may not care if TW or any others play the off town smaller events, those cities do and need teh revenue to keep a sponsor.

I enjoyed last weeks tourney quite a bit and love to see a mixup of winners.

Sorry, JB... I may have jumped the gun on the phil thing.
It just seems that anytime someone says something bad about Tiger the tiger fans come out and accuse the phil of fans of xyz and it turns into the mess we see around here more often then I would like. I don't like Tiger and I am not a big Phil fan either- so it really really irritates me. It is only thing that I genuinely don't like about THP... the number of phil/tiger fights and the results of people getting banned/leaving because of them.

I don't doubt that you said it the same thing about Lorena and you will hear no argument from me that Tiger is not the best golfer in the world... The purpose in my post was to say that everyone knows it is a broken system and that continuing to point it out every week accomplishes nothing.

We can not change the world rankings and complaining about them does nothing but detract from the golf that is going on and from the friendly/supportive atmosphere of this board

I happen to agree with you RxGus. I can't stand it either and it's why I stopped posting in these threads. I can't stand the arguing and the Phil vs. Tiger debate. I don't personally care I just want to watch golf.

Yea you're right JB, sometimes you have to look a tthe big picture. Tiger (or Phil) coming to a town not only brings in the sponsors but it brings in the fans as well.

Yea you're right JB, sometimes you have to look a tthe big picture. Tiger (or Phil) coming to a town not only brings in the sponsors but it brings in the fans as well.

We saw that in Tampa at Transitions. Tiger and Phil used to play it years ago (when it was JC Penney & PODS respectfully). But now neither does. THe course tears both of them up too. I like the idea of the new rule with rotating tournaments, because I think it changes the scores we see overall at the top.

But I think its not just those two either. I think the top 10 is bad about this (many of them)

Rose chunks his second shot into the bunker! man the are the wheels falling off already? it's not even sunday. The Ball goes in the bunker and instantly you hear Fehrety "I'm sorry wasn't this supposed to be the birdie hole?" Man I love that guy but if I was a pro on the course and I heard him say something like that I'ld let him have it on live TV. Anyone catch his special before Golf coverage began? It was pretty good.

Back