A View From The Edge

Sunday_Hacker

Release Your Inner Diablo
Reaction score
Handicap
I was trying to get a few more rounds in with my new driver before doing this write up but Mother Nature will not cooperate! Ok, I tried this club at the spring THP outing and fell in love with it, went and hit it a few more times at Sports Authority and I was a man on a mission to get this driver with the right shaft for me. Well after a lot of homework and great assistance and feedback from THP members I found a deal I could not pass up. So its just one round in and about 6 trips to the range with my beloved Diablo Edge now. But that one round felt soooo good! I hit 12 of 14 fairways, which is a personal best! The two fairways I did miss, one was by only about 10-15 yards and the other was way off in the woods to the right. I played this round at a course new to me, Hernando Oaks but was lucky to play with a member who lives on property and plays 5-7 times a week here so needless to say he knows the course and was so helpful. He also had a GPS and laser range finder on his custom golf cart and was nice enough to scope out my drives for me so I got to keep track of my distances. I usually hit only 200-220 with my driver but had a couple in the 230 yard range and one over 240 yards! Ball flight is not too high and I am getting good roll after landing. Even though it was only one round, and some really good swings at the range, between the Miyazaki Blue #4433 shaft and the Diablo Edge 10* I have new found confidence off the tee that I have never had before. It used to be oh sh*t where is this going to go, now its how far can I hit it! It feels like it is almost impossible to not square this club at impact, it just feels so smooth. I am very excited to build on this and improve my game by saving strokes of the tee and finally break that elusive 90 barrier! This will be a continuing thread on my progress with this driver and shaft, so all of those who game and love the Diablo Edge feel free to chime in on your own successes with this beautiful big stick. And for those of you in the market for a new driver be sure to demo this bad boy, you will not be sorry. Need more proof to give this driver a try, check out the THP driver shootout 2010, (link below) the results don’t lie. As my good buddy SMG says DED baby!

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=7079

callaway_DiabloEdgeDriver.jpg

Swwweeeeet! Don't over swing it. Let it do its work. Today I found smooth yet powerful loaded this club, and in conjunction with a Penta I was carrying it noticeably farther than than an 07 tour Burner and my FT-i. I'm starting to think I can carry the creek on the first hole which is about 245.

Kevin

nice write up sunday!! whats the difference in the red and black color?

thanks bridges, the black is the tour model the red is the hackers model

nice write up sunday!! whats the difference in the red and black color?

Congrats Sunday, glad you have found your driver.

no doubt Kev, the one bad drive I had all day I tried to kill it and must have opened the face at impact. steady and smooth and the Edge takes over. loved your write up in the couples thread about the Edge and the Penta. I will need to do a ball fitting sooner rather than later. good luck with the creek, keep us informed, your posts are always welcome here on The Edge!

Swwweeeeet! Don't over swing it. Let it do its work. Today I found smooth yet powerful loaded this club, and in conjunction with a Penta I was carrying it noticeably farther than than an 07 tour Burner and my FT-i. I'm starting to think I can carry the creek on the first hole which is about 245.

Kevin

alright im checkin it out now. and i blame you if i spend 200 bucks on a shaft lol

thanks degoins, having the right driver/shaft combo can build anyones confidence, I'm hoping this is just the begining for me

Congrats Sunday, glad you have found your driver.

lol I hear ya, but talk to JB and tcallaway and setho about them too. those are the guys that helped me make my decision

alright im checkin it out now. and i blame you if i spend 200 bucks on a shaft lol

im really liking the blue shaft. just dont know which. so il wait for a while on the whole new shaft thing lol

I ended up with the 4433 which is reg flex. my swing speed is tween 89-92

ya i have not a clue on my swing speed.. im guessing low to mid 90s but i have not a clue. gotta get that checked asap..

its a very important thing to know when it comes to shafts. I imagine you could get it done at a place like Golf Galaxy, Edwin Watts, Dicks etc etc.

ya have a golfsmith about 45 minutes away..

but im hittin the sack, later fellas!

Glad to hear that this big dog is barking for ya!! haha Keep us posted on future rounds with it.

nice write up and set up SH. good luck with everything

Just got back from a round with SethO. Had a great time with a really cool guy. Was using the DED and was having trouble today. I was slicing everythng. This was certainly not what my other rounds have been so it must be user error. You know how sometimes the big stick just dosent show up that day. I think my previous rounds I was much smoother thru the ball so I will need to tweak that a bit. But I will tell you this driver is still fantastic even if I have to go to a sligtly higer loft, this Big Dog is staying in the bag. It is really easy to hit. Will get another chance tomorrow to be DED straight.

I think playing with SethO and seeing how far he hits the friggin ball made me want to swing out of my shoes, which for me is a very, very bad thing.

Hey its golf...no fun in blaming yourself: act-up:

lol sounds like the peer pressure of setho's long drives made you over swing keith! no worries mate I'm sure he does that to alot of people! shake it off and get back to your game, smooth and steady DED!

Yeah Sunday that Seth is something else. Man can he strike the ball well.

At least SethO actually sounds like somebody that can hit the ball straight and long while being impressive to watch swing the club. Went to the range the other day with my very impressionable boy. Up steps a couple of guys that look like they once spent a good deal of time in the gym but not lately. First club out of the bag is the big dog. Utt-oh thought I. This could be interesting.
At any rate I never heard so many grunts and groans. I thought I was at a tennis match. As you might have guessed while Mighty Casey took prodigious swings, the ball went nowhere. He would have been better off using the club to knock down a wall. It was actually so bad that most of the guys using the turf tees just had to stop. It was actually too dangerous to be standing on the line next to this guy anyway. Safest place would have been dead in front of him. One additional bad side effect was watching my young son wonder if that is actually how the golf club should be used. It looked like fun to him ( since he is a ten year old and his nickname should be BamBam).

Pretty good story Jnug. I think that guy practices at my range too.

Your results are impressive. I need to check this bad boy out on my next trip to Dicks. You really did your homework on this one and it paid off. Congratulations.

Back