Anyone tried the new Harrison Eclipse shaft?

chilly

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm a big fan of the Harrison Saga I put in my 9015d. I know they're not as big a name as many of the other shaft manufacturers, but I really like the feel, trajectory, and low spin of this combo. I just received a catalog that had the Eclipse listed, it's basically a version update of the Saga with some new technology that helps the shaft rebound and supposedly helps distance. They do a good job of backing up claims with data (as to how unbiased, who knows) and I've had good luck with them, so decided to pick up a Eclipse. I bought an '07 Burner TP a couple weeks ago with a cut down Xstiff stock Mitsubishi that I thought would be a good shaft (heard they're spec'd between the WB and BB as far as spin/trajectory) but I hit it WAY too high, high trajectory balloons even on good swings.

So, anyone happen to play the Eclipse and have feedback? I'll be sure to report as to what I find.

If you don't get any replies you should PM Jman. I'm pretty sure he loves the Harrison stuff and is getting ready to put one of these in his new driver.

Ask and I shall appear!

As stated I try to convince everyone I can to try Harrison stuff, so underrated and majorly affordable, supreme for people looking to get ino aftermarket shafts (same as graman). Hey, Freddie Couples still plays a Harrison Mugen in his one of his woods, Harrison is not a ho-hum shaft operation.

The Saga has been my shaft of choice for two years now, if you need an intro into aftermarket shafts, at 64.99, give one a shot.

Back to the Eclipse, Ken at Victory Custom just finished mine for my new supertri and it'll be here Thursday, I'll be sure to post pics fr you and give you a review. I'm also fitting my saga to an R9 adapter and I'll put them head to head.

Sorry if I sound like an advertisement, I just firmly believe in their product!

I ordered a 65S today, hopefully it will get here by Friday so I can get it trimmed up and ready to play by Sunday. I'll report back with results.

Did you get the club back yet with Eclipse installed? My Eclipse just arrived at the office, very nice looking if that counts for anything. What I find interesting is there is a tag on the club identifying make and flex, as expected...but there's a hand written "276" on the tag as well...wonder if that is CPM??? If so, very stout for a Stiff.

I'm betting that it is the CPM. Harrison's are usually a bit stout in my experience (had mine tipped 1/2" more! lol).

It did come in today, drop-dead-sexy IMHO. Got to hit 10 balls with it (came in LATE, played with the Saga in the Supertri today instead) and I'm digging it so far, LOTS of range time and a round tomorrow should tell the full story though.

Will update!

Anymore feedback on Eclipse or Saga? I have a TM Superfast driver that really needs a shaft upgrade (didn't want to spend too much $$$). I called Harrison Sports and they recommended Eclipse Reg with 1" tipped. I anxiously waiting for shaft to arrive...

Back