I am going to take the blades out while I wait for my new clubs to come in. This should be fun.

Not sure if this has been asked or addressed, but do you keep them in the trunk of your car at all? Last summer I kept mine in the trunk for about a month, and the inserts on the back of them (ping s-58) came out on 3 different irons.

I am sure they will make it right. Just don't let it make you tentative. Swing away!

Not sure if this has been asked or addressed, but do you keep them in the trunk of your car at all? Last summer I kept mine in the trunk for about a month, and the inserts on the back of them (ping s-58) came out on 3 different irons.

I do keep them in the back, but it should not get hot enough to do anything to the epoxy on the shaft. That takes some major heat.

I am sure they will make it right. Just don't let it make you tentative. Swing away!

Oh, I won't be tentative. I don't mind using my stuff, which is why I am having a hard time putting the Kia Ma in play. I don't want to scratch up a some what rare putter.

dang sorry bout your bad luck Setho, but glad to see TM make good for you. best of luck hope third time is your charm!

dang sorry bout your bad luck Setho, but glad to see TM make good for you. best of luck hope third time is your charm!

TM has some great customer service. I am not a fanboy so they have to keep on earning my business. I was just about ready to get some AP1s or something, but after I cooled down a little, I remembered how much I love the way these irons perform.

TM has some great customer service. I am not a fanboy so they have to keep on earning my business. I was just about ready to get some AP1s or something, but after I cooled down a little, I remembered how much I love the way these irons perform.

you would've regretted that immensely!

When in Rome...... Really though I getcha. Its a fun club and I love mine. But for now she is sitting in my trunk. It's very tempting everytime I pull my clubs out to play.
I am going need all the luck I can get with the 3i. It may never find its way to the course, but then again, it might. The thing about not knowing something is hard is it becomes not hard.

you would've regretted that immensely!

Dont hate! I liked the AP1's! But dude that does suck, Id have totally bought some X-24's for sure by now!

Dont hate! I liked the AP1's! But dude that does suck, Id have totally bought some X-24's for sure by now!

That is why you will always be OEM haha. I have said it before, you are my hero.

First while I do not play the TaylorMade Irons (have TM Driver, 3 and 5W) I think staying with the same iron set is the right move. Everything you have posted says you like the way they play for you and I would hate to see you stuck wondering if you found that the Burners did not do it for you. Seems to me that you have already been through enough greef.

I don't wonder if it might make sense to take your clubs out of the trunk instead of leaving them there for extended periods of time. Depending on where the car tends to be I would wonder about the wide tempurature swings the clubs might be exposed to more than just heat. More often than not materials respond badly to wide swings in temp over short periods of time. It is usually more of a concern than just extended periods of reasonable cold or reasonable heat. This is particularely true when different materials are mated to each other as they expand and contract at a different rate relative to temp change. While some of us travel with our clubs and they are temp cycled some, you might be really temp cycling them a good deal more than what would be typical. For example if you get in and tend to pour on the air conditioning, depending on the ambient temp on a given day those clubs may be seeing 30-40 degree swings in temp over a very short time span. The golf equipment industry is extremely progressive when it comes to material changes and different configurations looking to achieve a competitive edge. This may have nothing to do with your issue and it probably doesn't. However to be honest I would still be inclined to keep my clubs out of the car unless I was on the way to or from a round.

depending on where you live it can have a huge affect apparently, i had the same problem where i would have to send back irons to get replaced because the heads and shafts kept separating, although i drive a black truck and would leave them in there while i went to class, so from my cold house sub 70 usually, to the 100 plus day in my black truck to the impact of actually being played is apparently bad for them, who knew?

Great posts guys. Looks like I will leave them out of the car just in case that is what made them go bad.

The Pro Shop just called and told me that my irons just now got back in! I can't wait to put these things into play! I am excited to see how well the 3i works for me. I can't tell you how much I hate my hybrid. It will only hit hooks (or is that me haha).

The Pro Shop just called and told me that my irons just now got back in! I can't wait to put these things into play! I am excited to see how well the 3i works for me. I can't tell you how much I hate my hybrid. It will only hit hooks (or is that me haha).

Hooker!!

Thought you drove a Z? lol

Third time's the charm Seth! Hope TM threw in a lil something something for all your trouble.

Look at the avatar!

Back