LPGA Championship [Spoilers]

Cristie is really dusting the field today. She's just a couple holes from World #1.

Annnnddddd.....there's another one in there close.

Kevin

Cristie is really dusting the field today. She's just a couple holes from World #1.

Annnnddddd.....there's another one in there close.

Kevin

she just breezed by everyone... like she was playing a completely different game

Amazing performance by Kerr!

I'm a little behind on DVR. Wow. What a shot into 18. She was pretty much flawless all day.

Kevin

agreed :act-up:

I'm watching on a bit of delay on DVR, and since I said she had a beautiful putting stroke, she hasn't made a putt. LOL.

I'm the jinxer.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Azahara Munoz is adorable.
Kevin

She pretty much hit every approach on the back nine in birdie range. There was no playing safe going on there. AT ALL.

Kevin

The course setup didn't look very demanding to be honest. Looks like the other players just didnt step up and Kerr did.

phenomenal display of golf from cristie kerr. she's a very talented golfer, too bad she wasn't blessed in the looks department, poor girl's shaped like a pear. anyway, she seems to be in wonderful form right now and talk about putting your foot on throats. congrats on a spectacular win!

line.of.the.day.

kerr pwned that course for 4 days. -18 is ridiculous.
azahara could be my baby daddy
phenomenal display of golf from cristie kerr. she's a very talented golfer, too bad she wasn't blessed in the looks department, poor girl's shaped like a pear. anyway, she seems to be in wonderful form right now and talk about putting your foot on throats. congrats on a spectacular win!
she gained a few pounds with age... but i still think she's pretty... at least she's not shaped like laura davies

azahara could be my baby daddy

she gained a few pounds with age... but i still think she's pretty... at least she's not shaped like laura davies

true, but i did say pear, not pumpkin!

I am a huge fan of the LPGA and a runaway victory like this couldn't have come at a worse time. They really need to get some good TV ratings. Kerr was playing some inspired golf, so congrats to her. I just hope there is some good drama in the next few tourneys.

I am a huge fan of the LPGA and a runaway victory like this couldn't have come at a worse time. They really need to get some good TV ratings. Kerr was playing some inspired golf, so congrats to her. I just hope there is some good drama in the next few tourneys.

I agree. Kerr played great, but I would have loved for Azahara, Morgan or Ai to make a charge. No drama. I stopped watching after I saw that Cristie had a 10 shot lead and went to power wash my driveway, lol. I was that bored.

its kinda sad that ppl will watch tiger destroy the field by 15 strokes and ppl are glued to the tv hoping he'll beat everyone by 20 strokes... but when its on the lpga its the opposite...

i actually loved seeing her dominate all the kids and koreans out there

Maybe it's just me. I've never been a Cristie Kerr fan. Something about her I just don't like. Out of all the US players, she's my least favorite. I don't hate her, she's just not my favorite.

I don't like her much either. However, I was hoping she'd get enough birdies and the girls behind her would get enough bogeys to make it a 15 shot win. I love seeing records get broken.

Maybe it's just me. I've never been a Cristie Kerr fan. Something about her I just don't like. Out of all the US players, she's my least favorite. I don't hate her, she's just not my favorite.
thats kinda how i feel about tiger... lolz
I don't like her much either. However, I was hoping she'd get enough birdies and the girls behind her would get enough bogeys to make it a 15 shot win. I love seeing records get broken.

me too

Read the article about on the golfchannel.com and you will like her even less than you do now fellas. They were trying to write it in a positive way, but hey, you can only do so much. Also, I have mentioned it in another thread but if you watch her episode of Playing Lessons with the Pros, it will really make you dislike her. She basically was a joykiller for Joe Pesci the entire show. The harder he tried to make it fun, the less she was in her element.

I don't blame her. Joe Pesci has to be a pain in the ass.

She sometimes doesn't come of that well in interviews, and no doubt has an ego. I find it kind of ironic that she's apparently very good friends with Gulbis, Pettersen, and Pressel. Most everybody says how great, friendly, and super dandy they are, so if she's such a jerk, why are they the ones spraying her with champagne, or in the case of everybody's darling Pettersen, sharing a house with her at the British Open? If she wasn't built like a fire hydrant, everyone would love her. She'd be steely, or a tough competitor.

I hope she keeps playing great for the rest of the year and beats up on all the darlings. She was fantastic this weekend.

Kevin

I don't blame her. Joe Pesci has to be a pain in the ass.

She sometimes doesn't come of that well in interviews, and no doubt has an ego. I find it kind of ironic that she's apparently very good friends with Gulbis, Pettersen, and Pressel. Most everybody says how great, friendly, and super dandy they are, so if she's such a jerk, why are they the ones spraying her with champagne, or in the case of everybody's darling Pettersen, sharing a house with her at the British Open? If she wasn't built like a fire hydrant, everyone would love her. She'd be steely, or a tough competitor.

I hope she keeps playing great for the rest of the year and beats up on all the darlings. She was fantastic this weekend.

Kevin

great post...
everyone loved tiger before the scandal(except me)... he was always a jerk but he won and that makes him great... i guess its an lpga thing

The course setup didn't look very demanding to be honest. Looks like the other players just didnt step up and Kerr did.

Trust me--television flattens out all of these courses. If you'd seen it live and in person, I'm confident you'd have been somewhere between intimidated and terrified.

Cristie Kerr has put on a lot less weight than she's taken off in the past 15 years or so.

Back