What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice job Tander

Its days like that, that made me start working hard on playing to a number.

Funny you mention that JB, I actually did play to a number on the Par 5's and it was great. Although I only did play to it on 3/4 par 5's I made sure I always laid up to 110 yards. I am really shaky with my wedges right now and I made sure I always had a PW in. I'm going to continue to do so today.

Way to go Tander! Personal bests are what keep us working at this amazing game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot 88 today. Second time breaking 90 this season.

81 for me today on a 70.8/125. Left a bunch of strokes out on the course...two doubles on the back nine due to water...ouch...that hurt big time. It was like a milion degrees out on the course (ok 92 degrees, with a feels like of 96).

Last edited:
8 over front... 6 over back for an 86 =/
if it werent for 2 triples and a double i woulda broke 80... hooked one and pushed another into the water and couldnt recover... the stupid water wasnt even in play on both holes :sad:
got 7 girs and only walked away with 1 birdie... 4 peeked in but didnt fall

im so close to being back were i was last year but with alot more distance(winter power swing clinic is finally paying off)
im shaping shots well(except 3 bad tee shots that punished me)
i really need to reevaluate my distances with my irons... i overshot a few greens because i hit my "usual" club 10 - 30yrds farther than last years distance... but im happy with it

well first round in about a month at a new course for me and the rust showed on my putter. which didnt help cause the greens were quite big and some had multiple elevation changes. quite pleased with my irons and wedge game though and overjoyed with my new Edge driver! wow I love that girl! hit 12 outta of 14 fairways, that is a personal best! hit 8 GIR and if it wasnt for poor putting I feel like I would have finally broke 90, ended up with a 94 which I am happy with. will try to post some photos of the course later and do a write up on the Edge driver as it the first time I've played a round with it.

91 today. Trying to make some swing changes. Not fun.

well first round in about a month at a new course for me and the rust showed on my putter. which didnt help cause the greens were quite big and some had multiple elevation changes. quite pleased with my irons and wedge game though and overjoyed with my new Edge driver! wow I love that girl! hit 12 outta of 14 fairways, that is a personal best! hit 8 GIR and if it wasnt for poor putting I feel like I would have finally broke 90, ended up with a 94 which I am happy with. will try to post some photos of the course later and do a write up on the Edge driver as it the first time I've played a round with it.

glad that edge is working for you... i love the honeymoon period of a new driver

Shot a very dissapointing 92. Putter really let me down today and it's starting to get in my head. The diablo is ok for me but not liking it as much as the superfast I traded for it. One good point was my irons, I was hitting those very well. Congrats to you guys with the sub 90 rounds for the first time, not much better of a feeling than that.

85 for me :act-up: Another personal best

Sounds like some great scores coming in over the weekend. Mine wasn't one of them, lol, but had a heck of a nice time. I shot 100 and was happy when they added it up, lol. Good job to all you guy's who got out there, not just the one's who shot well!

had an even 100 for the 2 day in a row :banghead:

I told you all a few days ago that I had a pretty big tournament today. It was a bit windy out, 15-25 mph today but I managed to continue my hot play. I had been shooting well despite hitting my long irons like crap, well on the range before the round today I realized that I was death gripping my clubs and just made a conscience effort to have a very light grip and that really helped. I've always known to do this but for whatever reason I slipped into this funk. OK, anyway...

I shot a 79 today (par 71) which is right at my 8 hdcp. I had a ton of birdie putts today and while I only made 1 I left myself with just simple little tap ins all for par all day long. My birdie finally came at the 15th, par 4 directly into the wind. I nailed a driver and had 175 left and completely killed a 5 iron to about 30 feet short and finally made a long putt. Here's the kicker, that birdie put me at even par for the back 9 with 3 to play. Ready for this....BOGEY, BOGEY, DBL BOGEY finish for a 79. I was NOT happy with the finish but was ecstatic with the round. It was good enough for 3rd place in my flight, a guy went out and shot even par and I was 2 strokes back of 2nd place. I am loving the game right now, to keep up the great play with pressure on was very very nice. Maybe writing "Why Do We Choke" last week helped me remember to focus and trust myself.

P.S.- Shameless plug, stay tuned for part 2 of "Why Do We Choke" this week!

Shot an 80 at Pearl Harbor on Friday. Was absolutely murdering the driver, almost drove two par 4's. Reached 3 of the par 5's in 2, unfortunately 3 putted every single one of them... one of the putts was a 4 foot birdie that i got phil-robbed on when a piece of debris blew across my balls path 9 inches from the hole. Also had two lip-outs from 6-8 feet on #17 & 18 for par which wouldve put me at 79. This is all with a triple bogey on number 4. Overall probably the best round I've ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back