Glad to have found this forum! JO from Lexington, KY

All4's

Need. More. Eagles.
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone,

I just want to start by saying I love the reviews THP does and want to compliment JB on a nice job. I particularly love the shootouts and that during the reviews THP always gets multiple golfers, of multiple skill sets to test out the equipment. That satisfies my inner statistics geek so much!

Anyway, a little about me. Been playing since I was 5 years old, so about 27 years of golf since I have to leave out "the poor years" when I was in college and couldn't play but about once or twice a year.

I am a reforming swashbuckler like I am reading many of you are. Taking fewer stupid shots and making better decisions on the course. Slowly leaving behind the days of always going for the do or die shot and now shooting better scores more often.

Also like so many of you I am restructuring my bag, and making some concessions to shoot better scores. Like many of you i had been using players irons because I loved them on the good days so much, but now I am hedging against the bad days much more. So I am waiting for my Nike VR Full Cavity's to come in tomorrow and will be shelving my favorite irons i have ever owned, my Cobra Pro-CB's. Heartbreaking since I am true club ho and have had all the Mizuno's and Titleist and thought I had found the pinnacle of irons in those clubs. But I am ready to break par so the move was made.

Last, an explanation of the username. Not a dirty joke! I drive the ball well and have a good short game and putting is strong, but as you can imagine after reading above my iron game is the weakest part of my game. So par 3's are my nemesis, Par 5's are my favorite, and I get lot's of 4's on the scorecard as a result. So the username All4's came about after getting 9 straight 4's on the front 9 of a round 2 days in a row a few years ago, and it has stuck as many with the same golf affliction as me got the joke and liked the name.

Love the site and it is has become my "home forum" after years lurking around some other forums out there.

Glad to have you here, All4's!

welcome!

welcome aboard all4's. congrats on the new sticks. it's a hard thing, finally admitting that perhaps a GI iron might really help. i made the switch about 2 years ago, and won't ever look back!!

Welcome to THP All4's!

Hello and Welcome to THP!! I just picked up a set of VR full cavity irons yesterday and my first round with them this afternoon. I'd be interest I. Hearing your thoughts on them as well!

Welcome, you came at a good time. We have a GREAT contest starting tonight. make sure you check out the contest section of the forum.

Glad to have you onboard, All4's. Welcome to the Paradise!

If you are looking to restructure your bag, you should probably block off the weekend of September 16-18th and join all of us hackers in West Palm Beach. There will be more clubs to hit than you can shake a stick at (plus a launch monitor to confirm your results!) not to mention playing some great courses!

:welcome:

welcome aboard all4's!

Glad to have ya All4's!!! You should seriously consider the outting in Florida and bring your significant other with you! It's going to be quite an experience!!!

Hello and :welcome:

Back