UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

I want Carwin to win too. I was never a Lesnar fan and think it was total BS that he got a title shot so quickly. But I just can't imagine Lesnar getting rocked. If anyone can do it Carwin can. Maybe they will KO each other simultaneously for a double count-out

Lol. But Carwin manages to crawl over to Lesnar and get the pin.... Lesnar's attitude just bugs me. He was quoted as saying something like Fedor's the king of his own LITTLE world. Really????? A guy with a 4-1 record has a huge world? He just really meathead up's MMA. I think Carwin is annoyed with him too. He looked pissed during his interview (fight night finale). Brock was trying to be nice. I think Carwin can get inside and do some damage. Couture was handling the fight with Brock until he got dropped and tko'd.

**Edit from what I remember of the Couture/Lesnar fight haha

hahahahaha...covers him for the pin.

yeah Lesnar seems like a total douchebag. He thinks he is on a pedestal. But part of that is Dana's fault for enlarging his already enormous ego. Unfortunately we will never witness Fedor/Lesnar so we will just all have to speculate how badly Fedor would have kicked his ass.

I was watching the best of pride on spike last night...and realized again how much I hate zuffa for buying pride then killing it.

I hate him. SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. I think he may have given Fedor some trouble but at some point Fedor would have broke him. And then hopefully just beat his face in.
hahahahaha...covers him for the pin.

yeah Lesnar seems like a total douchebag. He thinks he is on a pedestal. But part of that is Dana's fault for enlarging his already enormous ego. Unfortunately we will never witness Fedor/Lesnar so we will just all have to speculate how badly Fedor would have kicked his ass.

Yeah. UFC needs some competition. Like you mentioned before we were spoiled by great cards. And now it seems cards are so hit and miss that the UFC doesnt have to try. With competition at least they would have to try. Haha, well I cant wait for Saturday. I'm gonna try and be home to stream it. Sadly I dont have showtime. The only thing I didnt like about Pride wasthe gloves.
I was watching the best of pride on spike last night...and realized again how much I hate zuffa for buying pride then killing it.

Oh and another thing I hate about Lesnar.... He won't admit he took steroids. That just bugs me. You know he did. And its painfully obvious. SO obvious he won't say he didn't. He just gets mad and asks for the next question. It's more insulting to me that he gets mad, says next question and won't even give us the courtesy of a lie.

Lesnar would come out swinging and Fedor would do his normal patience game...wait for Lesnar to make a mistake and then armlock him until his elbow exploded.

Pride was the best ever. Their roster was so stacked. They had the deepest heavyweight division. and the rules were awesomecore. 10 minute first rounds! and the tournament format is one thing I really wish ufc would bring back. The only thing I didnt like was how they would stop a fight for a cut even if it wasnt that bad. But they always had the fighters safety in mind first. unlike the ufc. I have to admit sometimes I'm amazed that the ufc lets the guys keep fighting when one of them is seemingly bleeding to death (Joe stevenson vs bj penn for example)

Yeah. I definitely see some scary moments. The refs seem like they are on edge because Dana could be all over them any minute. Despite what he says, I believe he carries a lot of weight. ANd that Penn fight was ridiculous. Seeing the blood squirt when BJ was choking him out was surreal!
Lesnar would come out swinging and Fedor would do his normal patience game...wait for Lesnar to make a mistake and then armlock him until his elbow exploded.

Pride was the best ever. Their roster was so stacked. They had the deepest heavyweight division. and the rules were awesomecore. 10 minute first rounds! and the tournament format is one thing I really wish ufc would bring back. The only thing I didnt like was how they would stop a fight for a cut even if it wasnt that bad. But they always had the fighters safety in mind first. unlike the ufc. I have to admit sometimes I'm amazed that the ufc lets the guys keep fighting when one of them is seemingly bleeding to death (Joe stevenson vs bj penn for example)

I sometimes think Dana doesn't have the fighters best intentions in mind. Its a money making business for him. There is no doubt he is responsible for the huge increase in popularity in mma but his decisions at times seem more business oriented than whats best for his employees. I have respect for him but something makes me not like him.

The refs have a really difficult job. Seems they either stop a fight too soon or let someone take an unnecessary amount of damage before stopping it. That was one thing about pride. The refs would never hesitate to stop a fight if they felt the fighter was in any serious danger. They just wanted them to not suffer serious injury so they could fight again. ufc tends to let them finish fights no matter what which is exciting yet barbaric.

I agree. The refs have a hard enough job as it is. Dana says the athletic commission chooses the ref's but I really have a hard time believing that. Much respect to him for bringing the sport where it is but at some point, someone will get really hurt on the big stage.

oh crap...I was thinking strikeforce was next weekend...damn...now I have to find somewhere to watch it. No showtime at my house either...

Remind me and Ill send ya a good link. No justin or downloading required.
oh crap...I was thinking strikeforce was next weekend...damn...now I have to find somewhere to watch it. No showtime at my house either...

I don't think Carwin will be able to stop Brock's takedowns, and Carwin will run out of gas in the 2nd or 3rd.

I'm excited for the fight, should be great either way!

Remind me and Ill send ya a good link. No justin or downloading required.

cool. thanks. I usually torrent the next day if I miss an event. I gave up on justin. poor quality the rare times its not taken down

Its Fedor time!!!

I forgot that freak Cyborg is fighting. Im still bitter she (he) knocked out my beloved Gina...

Interesting, its the female ref from the UFC event the other week. I wasn't a fan of her, but hopefully she'll do ok.

EDIT:
Doesn't look like she is refing the first fight atleast.

great first fight...

Nice fight. Freaking million sub attempts I thought he had before he got the rear-naked choke.

just read yesterday that Fedor is now considering talking with ufc again...it will never happen

Back