golf ball face off

Hey guys I have done a little bit of testing between the e6+ and my NXT Tours, and I have garnered that, for me at least, the NXT is the slighlty better ball. It seems like it checks up better and is slightly longer off of the short irons, but once again, these are just my results. I am using last years NXT Tour I think, based on the packaging. More testing to follow later in the week.

Hey guys I have done a little bit of testing between the e6+ and my NXT Tours, and I have garnered that, for me at least, the NXT is the slighlty better ball. It seems like it checks up better and is slightly longer off of the short irons, but once again, these are just my results. I am using last years NXT Tour I think, based on the packaging. More testing to follow later in the week.

You know I kinda like those NXT tours as well. There are definitly better balls out there but when you start weighing performance to price, I think in terms of value those NXT Tours have to rank pretty well. That's why I like the Srixon Z star right now. To me its tour level performance, NXT (mid level ball) durability, and it's slightly cheaper adds up to a good value that I can't pass up.
Keep up the testing! love to hear other peoples opinions

Thats about what I would have bet on from reading about these balls. What I'd really like to know is how much if any does the e6 realyl reduce side spin?

Thats about what I would have bet on from reading about these balls. What I'd really like to know is how much if any does the e6 realyl reduce side spin?
IDK. Seems like it is definatly a firmer cover, but im not sure..

IDK. Seems like it is definatly a firmer cover, but im not sure..

It definitely reduces side spin to a point. It wont cover swing flaws, but the dimple dynamics help quite a bit. You can see it in launch monitor testings.

The cover is similar to the NXT Tour

It definitely reduces side spin to a point. It wont cover swing flaws, but the dimple dynamics help quite a bit. You can see it in launch monitor testings.

The cover is similar to the NXT Tour

Yeah, they both use a type of surlyn. Titleist calls thiers fusablend, which they say is softer, and I think they are being truthful.

JB I just noticed I am testing the same balls you game, lol...

Yeah, they both use a type of surlyn. Titleist calls thiers fusablend, which they say is softer, and I think they are being truthful.

Of course they say its softer. It is made up of almost the EXACT same materials down to the percentage.

Yeah the penta's sure ought to be the best ball seeing as they cost a small fortune :), I am a big fan of the z star tour yellow, they are a really solid ball and the visibility is a big plus.

Yeah the penta's sure ought to be the best ball seeing as they cost a small fortune :), I am a big fan of the z star tour yellow, they are a really solid ball and the visibility is a big plus.

Around here they cost the same as the Pro V1, Callaway I series, Bridgestone B330, etc...

I agree with JB here. It is about the same price as everything else in that tier, and it performs excellently off wedges and irons. The only thing I dislike about it is its durability, but thats basically nit-picking. Most balls of this caliber have these problems. I have not had durability issues with the Z-Stars though...

Back