Tipping a golf instructor?

Hacker Charlie

Reaction score
Handicap
D&D
I was kind of suprised when I did a google search on this question, and the overwhelming answer was, NOT to, and that some would even be slightly insulted?

So how about an actual Pro Instructors thought on this matter?

You are already paying us for our time and insight. It is a very nice thought but it isn't necessary. If you feel the lessons was a great lessons and you have an ah-ha moment then a small tip is ok, otherwise I don't feel you have to tip your coach.

So if I have already tipped them in the past and I go back and get help from them again do I still tip since I already did or do I not tip because it might have been an insult the first time?

Trust me I don't know of any coach who would be "insulted" by the kind gesture. For me I almost feel guilty. You have paid for my time in the lesson and I have received what I should for that time. If you feel a tip is warranted then by all means feel free....don't feel like it is a must. If you have built a good relationship with your coach for most of us that is all we want on top of making you a better player.

very classy Andy

Back