What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot 5 over 41 on the front yesterday and 6 over 42 on the back. The game felt good on the front, I just started out cold with bogey, bogey before settling down. My wedges were on fire from 85 and in and I was reading the putts well, just not making them. I easily left 5 or 6 shots out there on shortish putts, (10 to 12 ft), that came up a few inches short. Not sure whats up with that, but has been the story over and over this year. I started and ended the back nine with doubles, lol. Had 5 par's, (4 in a row), then bogey, par.

I know I need to get some practice time in on those pesky 10 footers, but the line was right almost every time, just not the distance.

I shot 5 over 41 on the front yesterday and 6 over 42 on the back. The game felt good on the front, I just started out cold with bogey, bogey before settling down. My wedges were on fire from 85 and in and I was reading the putts well, just not making them. I easily left 5 or 6 shots out there on shortish putts, (10 to 12 ft), that came up a few inches short. Not sure whats up with that, but has been the story over and over this year. I started and ended the back nine with doubles, lol. Had 5 par's, (4 in a row), then bogey, par.

I know I need to get some practice time in on those pesky 10 footers, but the line was right almost every time, just not the distance.

i hate leaving those sort of putts short. next time you practice hit to a spot about a foot behind the hole, that should help getting those putts to the hole.

congrats on the round though duey, seems like you're getting back to where you want to!

i hate leaving those sort of putts short. next time you practice hit to a spot about a foot behind the hole, that should help getting those putts to the hole.

congrats on the round though duey, seems like you're getting back to where you want to!

Thanks TC. It's pretty frustrating when you know it's going in and leave it a couple inches short. I practiced this last week, between rounds, when it started happening and still went back out and did it again, lol. It's some kind of mental block, not wanting to run past the hole on these slopes. 31 putts would have been great normally, but with my wedges getting me close it should have been more like 25 or 26 for the day. Oh well, something to work at, lol.

sounds like an excuse to get a new putter! lol

Interesting round.Started off fair with a few loose shots ,which got worst during 8-12.Took a birdie on 13 to straighten things out to par in . Front nine +4,back nine +1. 10/13 fwys,8/18 fwys. Approach shots got away from me on too many holes

I shot another 81 today. Splish splash on a par 3 - triple bogey. Didn't finish my swing. Short game needs improvement. I'm not posting my scores here again until I get below 80! It might be a while but I am determined to make that happen. :golf3:

I played yesterday at my home course (par 71). 41-40 for an 81. I had 9 birdie putts, 6 of those were well within range to expect to make them and I kept leaving them short, dead on line and short. The greens were longer because of all the rain and not being able to mow much lately so I should have known that I could ram putts in a little bit. One good thing is that I made par on each of those holes that I had birdie putts at so no 3 putts. I had 1 dbl bogey, 9 pars, and 8 bogies. I didn't quite shoot my handicap but all in all not too bad, once they get the mowers out and the greens are rolling more like normal I think I'll nail a couple of those birdies. There's a big tournament there this weekend so I'm hoping the game stays sharp!

Great round KellyBo! You are playing some good golf now and I am jealous :banghead:... I am not going to post another score until I can break a 100 again :beat-up: lol Seriously I do not even keep score now because I hit so many odd shots trying to stay with my new swing. Somehow I manage to break 40 on nine holes with some good putting :seemore::eek:) putter baby, but I am really close to getting this thing better. I am struggling like heck to keep my swing slow and take the right swing plane and when I do, bang the ball takes off like a cat after a rat!!!!! Just got to keep it smooth and keep the faith. You guys keep rooting KellyBo and myself on because we are going to be ready for our last playing lesson this weekend with Bobby at Idle Hour! I am still going to continue to see him a couple times per month to keep things in perspective. I don't want to wander off the chosen path :golf2:

86 today, 4 and 6 over. It was actually a much better day even wit a higher score because I was not leaving putts on the table. Only 7 fairways of 16, but most were off by inches and the same on greens. Chipping was steller again, with putting past the hole much better. It was a newish course to me, so reading the greens was a problem. Along with some wind I can find several things to blame the round on other than my self, lmao. Good time today, hope everyone else out there had fun!

86 today, 4 and 6 over. It was actually a much better day even wit a higher score because I was not leaving putts on the table. Only 7 fairways of 16, but most were off by inches and the same on greens. Chipping was steller again, with putting past the hole much better. It was a newish course to me, so reading the greens was a problem. Along with some wind I can find several things to blame the round on other than my self, lmao. Good time today, hope everyone else out there had fun!

Good round DooDue! Especially on a newish course where the greens are tricky :confused2: It's hard to read greens that you are not accustomed to. Just wait until you come South :eek:)......

Shot a 6-over, 78. Today it was the tale of two 9's. Front 9 I hit 57% of fairways and 33% of GIRs. The back 9 I flip-flopped, hitting only 42% of fairways and 56% of GIRs.

35/35 for a 70. Played solid, but 3 stabs on the last green, for 70! doh!

The front is WAY easier than the back and I managed a"
Front: 44
Back: 42
Putting is better, but I struggled with consistency off the tee.

Shot a 49 on 9. Happy with my putting, grass was very thick.

Shot my best score ever with an 88. Shot +3 39 on the front with 6 pars 3 bogies. The back 9 went bad because it was getting really dark and I was battling sprinklers.

played wed and today with the same score
wed front 8 over 44... back 5 over 41... first multiple birdie round in a long time... 85
today front 10 over 46... back 3 over 39... shoulda had another multiple birdie round but i had some knee knockers that burned the edges... 85
now if only i could kick into gear on the front id be in the high 70's low 80's more often... its getting close

eptastic stuff russ! you're getting those scores back where you wanted them. nice shootin' tex!

Great round Andrew, esp on the front!

Shot my best score ever with an 88. Shot +3 39 on the front with 6 pars 3 bogies. The back 9 went bad because it was getting really dark and I was battling sprinklers.

Thank god for good chipping and putting,if it wasn't for them it would have been ugly.It still wasn't pretty by my standards, +2 on front with 1 double from middle of FWY.Was fuming which caused the lone 3 putt. Back nine was +1 , for a total of 3 over -8/13 fwy's with 10 gir's with 31 putts. Was scrambling all day ,never made it easy on myself

Thank god for good chipping and putting,if it wasn't for them it would have been ugly.It still wasn't pretty by my standards, +2 on front with 1 double from middle of FWY.Was fuming which caused the lone 3 putt. Back nine was +1 , for a total of 3 over -8/13 fwy's with 10 gir's with 31 putts. Was scrambling all day ,never made it easy on myself

solid stuff still BLnAZ! it's nice to be able to depend on the scrambling skills when you have to.

eptastic stuff russ! you're getting those scores back where you wanted them. nice shootin' tex!

lolz... its gettin there tc... slowly but surely... you need to get out there with those new shafts and get some under par rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back