Official US Open Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else find it odd that they showcased all of TW's good shots from yesterday, yet did not show any of Dustin Johnson's yet. DJ had the exact same score and is AHEAD of TW by quite a few strokes. Very odd.

i think its just cuz dj still has a little bit till he tees off, i have saw a few though today, saw alot of djs shots on espn and sportscenter last night but also alot of tiger to, just think its cuz he actually posted a really good number for the first time this year so everyone thinks he is back so they have to show alot of tiger but i bet we see some dj shots before he tees off. atleast i hope so..

i think its just cuz dj still has a little bit till he tees off, i have saw a few though today, saw alot of djs shots on espn and sportscenter last night but also alot of tiger to, just think its cuz he actually posted a really good number for the first time this year so everyone thinks he is back so they have to show alot of tiger but i bet we see some dj shots before he tees off. atleast i hope so..

They tee off within 15 minutes of each other.

Not really. While I don't necessarilly agree with the tactic, NBC's ratings are based on the TW comback story, not the major breakthrough of a relatively unknown golfer. They know where their bread is buttered.

Scary par for Watson on #2. Even par so far.

Stuart Appleby, the leader in the clubhouse (+11).

well like i said i have saw a few shots that they replayed from yesterday. and they could show some more from the time tiger tees till dj does. usually show a replay from the day before just before the person tees off.

Who was the guy in the pink shirt and R9 visor that made a putt and jumped in the other guys arms? Tv is on mute. Help a brother out!

The French guy I think

So what was he so excited about?

And in other news, how'd the double eagle happen? Did he hole out his second on a par 5?

Dunno...and yes

djs white grips seem to be holding up and not getting dirty lol

I'm kind of diggin the white grips. Anyone know who makes those?

Not really. While I don't necessarilly agree with the tactic, NBC's ratings are based on the TW comback story, not the major breakthrough of a relatively unknown golfer. They know where their bread is buttered.

It has little to do with the comeback because they would have shown it regardless if it was a comeback or not. I dont think DJ is a relative unknown. The guy has won 3 times on tour and he is leading the US OPEN. I agree they should show TW and Phil for ratings, but cmon, to show one and not the other 66 is crazy especially when one guy is winning.

I dont think DJ is a relative unknown.

To you perhaps. Ratings show that when TW is playing the TV audience grows exponentially and is made up of more than hard core golf fans. To the casual viewer a DJ is a guy who plays music at a party. NBC knows the golf fans will watch. They are trying to keep the rest of the audience. Thats the deal.

#14 is a killer hole. Could be disastrous for the some of the leaders later this afternoon.

The 14th hole is just retarded. I understand making a hole tough but thats just rediculous.

Thanks Smalls! I'll check that out!

I shot my best score ever today. Blew up with a 9 on a par 5 but still shot a 90. I will break 90 and shoot in the 80s this year! Now I get to watch the Open!

It's a great day for golf ladies and gents! And happy fathers day to all you dads!

Let's go DJ!

I'd love to see a Tiger, Phil, and DJ playoff with DJ pulling out the victory!

Finally a birdie for Watson. Hope he keeps it up, -1 so far today. I'd love to see a top 10 out of him.

Same here, would love to see him in the open again next year.

The original TW (Tom Watson) is a study in class. Most guys at the top are a little stiff. Even Nicklaus has a bit of an edge to him from time to time. Watson is pure class. Go Tom!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back