Official US Open Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you could say he collapsed from the get go :laughing: But its not like he was ever in contention and blew it, or couldn't make a putt to give him the lead, like we're used to seeing from him.

I would love to see Tiger just completely own today. Chances are, he could continue this momentum to the AT&T National :D

After a good nights sleep I've decided to change my prediction from late last night. While neither will play well enough to win, at the end of the day, Gregory Havret will finish one stroke lower than Tiger Woods for the first French "victory" since before Waterloo.

Oui-Oui. Or in Tiger's case. Wee-Wee.

Kevin

I just watched Phils after round interview yesterday and i must say, I love the way he describes some things that happened during a round. His up-and-downs on 10 and 14 were... umm... salty?

Phil, you rock.

I just watched Phils after round interview yesterday and i must say, I love the way he describes some things that happened during a round. His up-and-downs on 10 and 14 were... umm... salty?

Phil, you rock.

I'm okay with anything he says as long as he doesn't plug that damn short game video/book haha!

Some predictions for todays round.

TW continues playing well and posts -4 in the clubhouse as the leader
Phil struggles a bit, and manages a bit, but overall plays solid and finishes -2
DJ plays well enough down the stretch and pulls out the win by 2 strokes
McDowell falls back again today and finishes outside of the top 10
Ernie Plays solid, but finishes in or around 5th place
Tom Watson starts off okay but shoots 78 today.

TW fans everywhere will proclaim they just like to see great golf (as long as its not Phil playing it)

Obviously I am kidding. Hopefully we all get treated to as much excitement as we did yesterday with a phenomenal day of golf. I hope I am wrong with most of my predictions.

I like your predictions also except for one. I think DJ will spray his driver today and cause him to fall back giving Tiger the win. Other than that I think your spot on!

I'm okay with anything he says as long as he doesn't plug that damn short game video/book haha!

He did that? :confused2:

my little prediction.. tiger and dj both end in a tie for first at -5 and go into a playoff.. with tiger hitting into the bunker on shot 2 and then making a nice sand save to birdie the hole and win.. dj misses the birdie to tie..

Phil, you rock.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, #7 measures 92 yards today.

My prediction is that the field, with their "go for it" mentality, will come back some to Phil who win's it playing conservative??? Haha, but stranger things have happened!

Wow, a few guys wearing really pink pants today. Jason Gore looks like he's wearing pink pajama pants!

my little prediction.. tiger and dj both end in a tie for first at -5 and go into a playoff.. with tiger hitting into the bunker on shot 2 and then making a nice sand save to birdie the hole and win.. dj misses the birdie to tie..

If they tie they play another 18 holes of golf on Monday.

Jim Herman is -5 thru nine holes. Takes him to +12 for the tournament. Where did this round come from for him?

Zach Johnson is going the other way, +5 thru 7, +19 for the Championship.

Not sure what to expect today, you'd exect El Tigre to keep his momentum and his shadow is a large one for the two ahead. Maybe they'll stumble, maybe they'll see it through, who knows?

I reckon we'll see a 4-5 way tussle as a couple come from out of the pack running hot and then on the back 9 see it whittled down to 2-3 as disaster strikes the rest. All about keeping that 7 or 8 off your card today I think.

Whatever happens I just hope someone "wins" it and we don't watch a meltdown or a horror story for someone. I can't wait for the UK coverage to start, my better half is being a total star and foregoing her usual progs in the name of golfing nirvana. Ooops...there goes a bit of excitement wee :bashful:

Its hard to imagine Dustin Johnson not winning this championship. He's just too accurate and long off the tee, and he can putt too. Doesn't seem at all anxious either.

Tiger is going to have to have a rennaisance with this tee game to win this tournament. I don't really think anyone else has a shot at this point, maybe Graeme.

I just can't believe I had a brain fart and forgot to put Johnson on my contest team... I was rushed, picked my three, forgot who I wanted as my fourth and picked Westwood by default. later that night, laying in bed I remembered Johnson. Oh well.

haha the chick was the only one to find the fairway.. this challenge is pretty cool

????

Jim Herman goes to -6 thru 14 holes, +11 for the Championship.

the us open challenge is on nbc right now.. drew brees, mark wahlberg, and few others are playing right now at pebble, its recorded from earlier, didnt know if everyone saw it yet. its pretty cool..

????

Jim Herman goes to -6 thru 14 holes, +11 for the Championship.

Could this be a sign that some low scores are going to be available?

Could this be a sign that some low scores are going to be available?

He's the only one so far that is more than -2. Most scores are over par, some by a lot.

Pablo Martin is the leader in the clubhouse at +27.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back