Hard To Understand

LefTe

Living Strong!
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
While playing a round today my playing partner left his Cleveland Niblick on the fringe of the 13th hole. He didn't realize it until we were driving up to the 15th tee box. So I grabbed my bag off the cart so he could drive back and pick it up. As he drove back to the hole he passed the groups behind us and asked if they had picked it up all three said they had not. When he got to the hole the group on the green helped him look for it but it was no where to be found. When we got back to the club house we checked inside to see if one of the rangers had picked it up but again the answer was no. So in the end it appears that one of the groups behind so picked it up but didn't let him know. So someone has a new club to play pretty sad if you ask me. Earlier in the round I found a Nike Mach Speed 4I & 6I laying at the side of a green, so at the turn I ran into the clubhouse and turned the clubs in. Just grinds me to no end that a very few amount of golfers act like this. Just my rant for the day

very low class on their part lefte

Sad behavior, to say the least. The same people most likely move their ball in the fairway, and when asked after smacking the ball back and forth all over the hole, say "Give me a five."

Kevin

Sorry bast***s.

I lost a gap-wedge a couple of rounds ago that was not returned. I was the idiot leaving it near the green on hole #3 though. I do not know what the circumstance was that led to it not getting returned. Bought a replacement off ebay but the shaft seems a little different than the rest of the set. Still looking for another one.

Sickening...both the misfortune of your friend and the classlessness of whoever picked it up. I am, however, somewhat guilty of a similar offense. Found a like-new looking Cleveland wedge once on the fringe of a green. Course was kind of dead that day; nobody else around (it was a Sunday afternoon during football season). Picked the wedge up and actually used it a few times (I hit better right-handed than I thought I could). They had a label with their name and number on the shaft (called the number but nobody was home...wonder where they were that day?). Left a voicemail that their wedge was found and could be picked up in the clubhouse, and I turned it in at the end of my round.

That's just sad. Some people have no morals.

I've left clubs several times. I was playing a country club course with a friend who belonged. I left my sand wedge that matched my irons(same set seen in my avatar) on one of the first couple holes. I ran back but no body had picked it up and it wasn't where I left it. I checked in the club house at the turn but no one had turned it in(also checked after my round). So when I replaced the sandwedge with a ping (something) the next round I played I left it next to the green again(different public course). This time however before I even noticed someone from the group behind me hopped in their cart and caught up with me on the next hole. Anytime I find a club I always try and do the same.

that sucks Lefte. Too bad you couldn't take a peak into the other groups' bags to see if the club was tucked away

Classless for sure. I hope the golf god gives em a slice they can never fix and rains bad karma on them for the rest of their lives.

"Honor is a gift a man gives to himself." Not sure who said that but I believe it to be true.

The lesson here is always lose cheap no name clubs. They always get turned in. :dohanim:

We get 20+ no names a week turned in and no more than about 2 or 3 brand names. The brand names are always reclaimed, but the no names usually sit until the bin is full, then get moved to one of the barrels in the cart barn. When those overflow (200+ clubs), then the older ones are donated to needy and junior golf programs around the city. It constantly amazes me how many players lose clubs and either don't realize it, or don't care enough to reclaim them.

The players who have good equipment usually take better care of it in the first place, and are quick to look for it when they find it missing.

1987, when I retired from football I golfed a lot with former teammates. I am the smallest guy in our group. I left a 9 iron on a hole and went back to get it. Asked the group behind us if they saw it, they said no. I figured I lost a club. A few holes later we were backed up and the group behind us pulled up. I looked into their bags and saw MY 9 iron! Wilson Staff! I pulled it out and the group, which consisted of a middle age mom and her 3 20 something sons threatened to kick my ass. I really wanted to fight but it would have been a slaughter. I had to convince my crazed buddies not to fight. All of us were far bigger than the 3 sons. The mom had the dirtiest mouth of the group. We got them kicked off the course but it kind of ruined the day.

Still have that set in the basement, including the 9 iron.

When I bring clubs to the green I bring a towel and lay all the clubs on it on the green. It helps.

Followed a guy last week that had a hard time holding on to his clubs. Left a PW on the green, so we picked it up and caught up with him. He said, "really, I swear I just used it." So we head to the green and there is his 9i. Either very forgetful or high as a kite.

That happened to us one time. We found a club that someone had left on the green. We assumed it belonged to the group ahead of us so we asked them and they said yes it was their club. We were heading back to the car to unload our clubs and was stopped by a guy asking if we had saw his club. The same club the group in front of us claimed was theirs. So that guy got a free club. We thought we were being nice and giving the club to the group in front. That just stinks!! But now we know to not ask and just turn it in to the starter! Needless to say, the group in front of us was never to be found again!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

When I bring clubs to the green I bring a towel and lay all the clubs on it on the green. It helps.

that's a great tip. I usually just tomohawk the head of the iron into the green so that the shaft is sticking up in the air... leaves a nasty gash, but I always see the club or someone points it out.

that's a great tip. I usually just tomohawk the head of the iron into the green so that the shaft is sticking up in the air... leaves a nasty gash, but I always see the club or someone points it out.

that away to tear up the greens. why wud you do this?

LOL Are you Mike Perez? hehe

Yeah, that sucks. Classless golf envelopes me, unfortunately. My local course (If you wanna call it that) is really horrible. Like I said in a previous post, people golf without shirts on for god's sake! I don't know better places to get a tan than a golf course. Anyway, went into the clubhouse (if you wanna call it that) for a drink of water. While I was doing that, I noticed these teenagers eying up my freaking Callaway FT irons. The one dude had one of my clubs out of my bag and was swinging it around! I quickly abandoned my water and headed out to my bag and got my club back. Not sure if the kid was going to steal it, but I wasn't taking any chances. I don't know. Sometimes the lack of respect kills me. I always, always return a club to the owner. My dad is notorious for leaving his clubs around the greens; so I make sure if I find a lonely iron I take it to the club house. Karma, I guess.

i hope so, i just didnt see the :D or any other usual joke animation so thats why i asked lol

Yeah, I was just joking...

I've actually been very mindful of my wedges since I started buying better quality models.

Back