Callaway X-24 Hot Irons Pics

good looking sticks OEM!

haha i like how the 6 iron isnt in the picture because its got scuff marks on it, so it got put off to the side of the bag by itself..:D

Hahaha @ Nasty toes!

{activate ole gray voice]

I picked up that there orange sparkler x-24 and it was as red hot as those pesk calloway's legs after a sunburn. If they had a snake on the back this ole guy would be charming them in and out of my bag down in west palm beach and that ole jb would have no chance.

[end ole gray voice]

Glad you liked them Gray. I played them today and felt the same way.

haha! the gray take is hilarious!

what are you finding that you like about these irons JB?

There is a lot to like. Good distance, nice ball flight, and a decent feel. Love the look at setup and I am one that likes the way the finish wears. Instant "photo" of where you are hitting the ball.

There is a lot to like. Good distance, nice ball flight, and a decent feel. Love the look at setup and I am one that likes the way the finish wears. Instant "photo" of where you are hitting the ball.

nice! i would assume that they would wear and "show" similar to the bp's.

haha i like how the 6 iron isnt in the picture because its got scuff marks on it, so it got put off to the side of the bag by itself..:D

Actually the 6 is there, its the one with its number hidden, on the right. You can see the scuff marks next to the hosel.

I just ordered a set based on demoing the 6 iron. How does the 4 iron play? I must say, I didn't care for the early pictures of them but I love the way the finish looks in person.

I just ordered a set based on demoing the 6 iron. How does the 4 iron play? I must say, I didn't care for the early pictures of them but I love the way the finish looks in person.

why in the world did you order the set only demoing one club?? lol i hope you like them though. might want to demo again before u actually hit the new ones..

Why would you need to demo a whole set? Its not like you hit the 6 iron good but you won't be able to hit the 5 or the 7. I look for a couple of things. I usually use the matching AW with my set so I will take a demo to hit chip shots to see how the ball reacts since I use the AW to chip the most, I then hit half and full wedge shots and some low punch shots. I then hit a mid iron extensivley to guage appearance and feel which is totally personal preference, then I look at trajectory, distance, forgiveness and ability to hit different types of shots. I have used this same approach for years and have never made a bad choice. The only reason I asked about the 4 iron was about forgiveness, which in the case of the X24 I believe will be more than adequate, if not I will use a 4 hybrid. Having to hit an entire set of clubs to make a choice is overkill in my opinion.

and you said you hit one club not the AW but you always demo atleast 3-5 of them, never just one club.. its kinda like if your buying a car you dont just look at the outside of it and say il take it, you go through it all and test drive it and look at the inside to make sure you like everything about it.. you may hit that 6 iron great but grabbed that 8 and hit it poorly and the 9 poorly to. i mean kinda seems like a no brainier to me that you would demo more than one club if your going to spend the money on them.. but heard the x24's where great clubs for sure.. not trying to knock you or cause anything i just demo more than one club when buying and im pretty sure alot of other people do the same.. but goodluck with them.

Actually the 6 is there, its the one with its number hidden, on the right. You can see the scuff marks next to the hosel.

well i ment that i see it in the picture but thats its just well off to the side hidden and not with the rest of them lol

and you said you hit one club not the AW but you always demo atleast 3-5 of them, never just one club.. its kinda like if your buying a car you dont just look at the outside of it and say il take it, you go through it all and test drive it and look at the inside to make sure you like everything about it.. you may hit that 6 iron great but grabbed that 8 and hit it poorly and the 9 poorly to. i mean kinda seems like a no brainier to me that you would demo more than one club if your going to spend the money on them.. but heard the x24's where great clubs for sure.. not trying to knock you or cause anything i just demo more than one club when buying and im pretty sure alot of other people do the same.. but goodluck with them.

Ummm. Im not sure what to say other than MANY MANY people do this. The 6 is right in the middle of left and length and will give someone a great understanding of the set.

yeah, i've only ever demo'd with the 6 iron. most of the time i'm lucky that they even have that. even at demo days i've been to i've never seen a full set present to demo, i'm sure it happens but for the most part it's always a 6 or a 7 iron.

congrats on the new set don!!!! i hope they treat you well.

I wouldn't think too many people would be lucky enough to have access to an entire set of clubs to demo, I know I never have, but using the 6 iron and a wedge has always given me enough feedback to make a choice.

I wouldn't think too many people would be lucky enough to have access to an entire set of clubs to demo, I know I never have, but using the 6 iron and a wedge has always given me enough feedback to make a choice.

Only at the THP Demo Days. Where we have full sets of just about every club

Only at the THP Demo Days. Where we have full sets of just about every club

yeah, but a THP demo day is like no other demo day, it's far superior! there's more stuff to hit without any added pressure AT ALL! i can't wait for this aspect of the outing, it's definitely one of the highlights for me!

You'll be very happy with your purchase donm!

Everytime I have demoed it's been just the 6 iron. Like JB said it's in the right spot of the set to get a feel for them all.

alright, well i ususally hit them at golf smith before i buy anything and they always have atleast a few of the same club im hitting, usually hit a 7,9 and 4iron. guess its just different, i thought everyone demoed at least a few before buying.. my bad...

Man, I was in three different golf stores this weekend and forgot to go look at and handle these...oh well, next time.

JB..........when are you coming out with your review on these.....would love to hear your early thoughts!

JB..........when are you coming out with your review on these.....would love to hear your early thoughts!

We put up our initial thoughts in this thread. The review will not be done for a few more weeks once we get a few more rounds in.

Back