THP & Cobra US Open Contest

Sadly I have most everyone beat with one guy. Villegas really tore it up today...

I went Mickelson, Goydos, Villegas, and D. Johnson; means I am +4, +5, +7, and E, respectively.

Great picks if I say so myself.

I took Villegas too! He's messin us up!

looks like for you and I it is Woods (+3) vs McIlroy (+4)

I'll put Dustin Johnson into this at E, my other 3 are the same as you guys.

I took Villegas too! He's messin us up!

My picks in the US Open suck, and then I go out after class this afternoon to play a relaxing 9 and I suck. You'd think I had just bought that driver becuase I definitely put a different swing on it on every hole. Why is this game the way it is sometimes!?

On another note, good luck to everyone still in this contest! I doubt anyone in the field has a sub-65 round in them on this course, which means some of my guys may not even make the cut. HA!

Ive got Mickelson, Poulter, Zach Johnson and Westwood.

Poulter -1
Phil +4
Westwood +3
Tiger +3

Man I hope tomorrow brings better news for my foursome!

Donald E
McDowell E
Villegas +7
Crane +9

Looks like I have two casualties going into the weekend. My only hope is a McDowell win.

Round 1
• M. Kuchar - T47
• R. Goosen - T66
• R. Mcilroy - T66
• C. Villegas - T118

Rousing start

Ian Poulter, Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods, and Hunter Mahan for me. I was hoping Mahan would be a darkhorse but he played horrible today. My wife however, well..she may be the one winning the club. Ian Poulter, Zach Johnson, Jim Furyk, and Mickelson for the wife.

Haven't seen her around lately. Was hoping she was going to join in on all the talk. I told my wife not to join up unless she was going to participate! Although, she'd be another contest entry! hehehe

after a stellar first round my foursome's sitting pretty at 24 over par! JB, go ahead and tell Cobra to get my new fwy wood ready!!!! nah, i made horrible picks and i'm half way contemplating running through these people's sliding glass door.

it's a good thing that young villegas is so fit and the ladies like him b/c his golf game sucks right now!

lol just had a funny visual on that one "heeeeeeeeeeeere's TC!'

I'm pretty much out too....focusing on Dustin Johnson now to win me some shoes!
after a stellar first round my foursome's sitting pretty at 24 over par! JB, go ahead and tell Cobra to get my new fwy wood ready!!!! nah, i made horrible picks and i'm half way contemplating running through these people's sliding glass door.

it's a good thing that young villegas is so fit and the ladies like him b/c his golf game sucks right now!

My guys are at +24, but I'm still trying to be optimistic at this point.

Remeber its about money won, right? Looking at the pay-outs last year it looks like two guys finishing in the 6 digit payout range, could easily beat 4 guys barely making the cut: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/leaderboard/2009/24 And if you get the winner, then your almost a guranteed top 5!

So anybody with a couple of guys above the cut line are still in it!

My guys are at +24, but I'm still trying to be optimistic at this point.

Remeber its about money won, right? Looking at the pay-outs last year it looks like two guys finishing in the 6 digit payout range, could easily beat 4 guys barely making the cut: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/leaderboard/2009/24 And if you get the winner, then your almost a guranteed top 5!

So anybody with a couple of guys above the cut line are still in it!

Unless it's Poulter!

Or Tiger, or Phil!

Thats true, some of these guys will basically cancel themselves out, didn't really think about that.

Guess, that means I need to root the hardest for Stewart Cink then!!! :laughing:

Woods +3
Westwood +3
Villegas +7
McIlroy +4

I'm doing not bad, but not great either.

Poulter -1
Clark +1
Duval +4
Phil +4

Three more days to go!

My wild card, Rory McIlroy is going to miss the cut. I'm officially done!

what are they saying the cut line is?

It's at +7 right now, with the leader at -3.

That's 107 players right now. It'll be less as so many players have so much golf left to play today and scores are averaging almost 75 today.

Tiger was my only golfer in the first half of the day.

Ugh

TW +4
Westwood +3
Lefty +4
Poulter -1

Don't these guys know I really want a new 3w in my bag? Is it too much to ask that they hook it up with some low scores?

Ugh

TW +4
Westwood +3
Lefty +4
Poulter -1

Don't these guys know I really want a new 3w in my bag? Is it too much to ask that they hook it up with some low scores?

Keep in mind that Phil and Poulter still have to tee off. You've still got a chance!

YES GO PHIL! He's my saving grace!

Poulter, Mickelson, Harrington & Furyk.

As of day 2, Ian's been struggling a little, Phil bounced back, Paddy is hanging in there, and so is Jim so I'm looking good.

=D C'mon guys!

Well I can kiss this one good buy, Thank you Hunter Mahan. The wife is still in it though but she's already said she was going to rub it in my face if she wins.

Back