THP & Cobra US Open Contest

Man with so many entrants you just knew their'd be similiar choices, if not the same...

I went...

Woods
Westwood
Villegas
McIlroy

I wanted to be gutsy and put in Mahan over Tiger so I can possibly separate myself from identical entries...But I hope this foursome works!

I wanted to throw Mahan in there as well, but I did not...

My picks:

Phil (How could you not pick Phil?)
Poulter (I like his chances better than Camillo)
Clark (If The Players was any indication, ol' Timmy has a good shot)
Duval (I know, I know. The long shot of all long shots, but he finished second at AT&T earlier this year and there's been some talk of him making a move here. We'll see what happens)

My picks:

Poulter
Tiger
D. Johnson
R. Barnes

Some iffy picks there I know but didn't want to go with all the "favorites".....

Let's see if I remembered who I picked for this...hmmm....I know I picked Camilo :love: and I picked Lee Westwood (I figured, why not, he's on a roll :D), Phil and I think Jim Furyk :wink:

Camilo is not doing so well. 5 over thru 9.

Ya know I did pick Poulter originally...

haha

Just like I thought, Gore is still wearing a Cobra hat. I suppose we could have taken him instead of Camilo or Ian, correct?

Just like I thought, Gore is still wearing a Cobra hat. I suppose we could have taken him instead of Camilo or Ian, correct?

He had not qualified when the contest was announced, so no. Cobra dictated the players and we listed them accordingly. They added JB if he had qualified. I believe Gore's contract is up shortly, so that may be the reason they left him off.

MICKELSON You are KILLING ME!!

1. Ian Poulter
2. Paul Goydos
3. K J Choi
4. Steve Stricker

Went for a foursome that NOBODY would pick...long shot but we'll see

Yeah, I'm glad Poulter's doing well, but PHIL CMON!

My other picks are doing fairly well, but Lefty...

Hopefully today will be his highest round, who knows. I mean, at the Masters he went 5 under for three holes, so maybe he can pull off something this time.

Thank god it's only day 1 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank god it's only day 1 lol

Poulter is the only one who is doing anything positive for my team! My other three may miss the cut if they don't pick it up!

My team bad. Currently sitting at +7 with Poulter as my saving grace at this point. Who knew!

-1,E, +1, +3

After Round One:

Poulter -1 (T4)
Westwood +3 (T48)
Mickelson +4 (T66)
McIlroy +4 (T66)

Ian Poulter, Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods, and Hunter Mahan for me. I was hoping Mahan would be a darkhorse but he played horrible today. My wife however, well..she may be the one winning the club. Ian Poulter, Zach Johnson, Jim Furyk, and Mickelson for the wife.

Sadly I have most everyone beat with one guy. Villegas really tore it up today...

I went Mickelson, Goydos, Villegas, and D. Johnson; means I am +4, +5, +7, and E, respectively.

Great picks if I say so myself.

Back