Chance to get my Cobras back in my bag for West Palm Beach!

Chance to get my Cobras back in my bag for West Palm Beach!

• Total voters
As a fellow Cobra iron player...I fully support you. You got my vote :)

Cobra FP 4 Life!!!

What kind of Coba irons do you play there co partner? I actually just sent my S2 Driver back to the factory to have hot lead poured in the head to get my swingweight up to D5. I play my snake at 44.5 inches long so I can keep it nice and short in the middle of fairway about 265 out :eek:)......... If I loose this second opportunity then they will probaly slip a Billy Casper persimmon head driver in my rental bag set. I do plan on bringing my R9 down to maybe try out with one of those new shafts.

JB has out done his self today and I think we should let him do some stand up comedy at out greet and meet Friday evening? What do you guys think???? GolferGal said JB is not shy in the least so we expect at least a 30 minute show :eek:)!!!

[activate ole gray voice]

Just like a farmer digging for taters, me and my snakes are going low at the beach. gunna make that pesky calloway and his legs to pay for all this dag gum trouble.

[/end ole gray voice]

[activate JB VOICE]

ole gray better realize that we have a launch monitor and are going to have to measure his drives. He just cant stop and obviously cant help himself. I guess I see another bet coming because I know his pesky friend Calloway and his driver distance, and I might just call shenanigans on ole gray hitting it "only 265".

Perhaps another bet?!?!?!??!?!

Let's finish this contest first and let the rooster crow :eek:)! I do look forward to hitting a few balls off the launch monitor if you can keep Setho away from it so the darn thing will not be out of whack etc........... No Birdie Balls either right????
Actually I was talking about my Hybrid one iron averaging the 265. :D

like a pig farmer looking for bacon as he dances at the honky tonk drinking miller lite, I believe that ole pesky calloway and jb are gonna feel the bite of my stinging snakes as they go down the course 265 and straight. as long as nobody measures.

[end ole gray voice.

Big Hoss, I play the good old fashioned FP's from 2007 http://www.cobragolf.com/irons/details.asp?id=16

Soon as I dun hit dem sticks it was like moonpie on the river. I hadn't fallen that hard since I laid eyes on Jenny-Lee at the 4th of July golf cart parade.

I wish I could join you guys but if I can't, you show 'em how its done. Are you really having hot lead put into your driver? That's kind of amazing.

like a pig farmer looking for bacon as he dances at the honky tonk drinking miller lite, I believe that ole pesky calloway and jb are gonna feel the bite of my stinging snakes as they go down the course 265 and straight. as long as nobody measures.

[end ole gray voice.

I am going to get sucked in on this one :eek:).... With my new swing I might hit it sideways 265 yds into one of those rich folks swimminng pools!!!!!!!

I am going to get sucked in on this one :eek:).... With my new swing I might hit it sideways 265 yds into one of those rich folks swimminng pools!!!!!!!

Im willing to wager you can use either swing and see what happens. That is not too far off from the PGA Tour average!

now thats what I'm talking about with the new avatar gray!

Lookit here son, I say son, did ya see that cobra after those hens? He scared 'em! That Rhode Island Red turned white. Then blue. Rhode Island. Red, white, and blue. That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your swing. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the golf ball son. Tee. Ball. Drive. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is.

Big Hoss, I play the good old fashioned FP's from 2007 http://www.cobragolf.com/irons/details.asp?id=16

Soon as I dun hit dem sticks it was like moonpie on the river. I hadn't fallen that hard since I laid eyes on Jenny-Lee at the 4th of July golf cart parade.

I wish I could join you guys but if I can't, you show 'em how its done. Are you really having hot lead put into your driver? That's kind of amazing.

You sound you are from Georgia brother!! Yep I did love the FP's myself! Great set of irons and I wish I had kept a set of them in my players closet/fault!!!!!

Yep unless you add a ton of lead tape it's hard to get the swing weight right and by sending it back to the factory you get it done right so it will be balanced properly etc. Sounds like I need you to come and to help me with those snake chasers down here in Florida.... You would love it man!.

These snakes are just not that charming unless you get them fixed. This snake charmer is still in love like a goat eatin some grass.

[end ole gray voice]

I think I was better off before I joined this forum and knew what in the heck goes on here! All I knew before was this :comp:. Gray has thick skin to put up with all this ribbing!

I think I was better off before I joined this forum and knew what in the heck goes on here! All I knew before was this :comp:. Gray has thick skin to put up with all this ribbing!

You must remember, this was all started by ole gray. He started the Cobra thing. He started teh Rickie Fowler thing. And he certainly started the thing with hitting it 265-270 with every drive.

Oh trust me, I'm not taking up for him. He deserves it all!

Oh trust me, I'm not taking up for him. He deserves it all!

He will have the time of his life in FL regardless of what clubs he is playing. You should be rooting for me right now. I saved you from him buying clubs and if I win this one, he cannot talk about it anymore...hehe

Yes GG, Gray is sitting in his recliner watching the US Open with the laptop in his lap grinning from ear to ear everytime he reads the posts. He's a good sport but there are some times that I want to hide the computer. :D

GolferGal -- Did you lock JB into the wine cellar by mistake :eek:)... He has never been this funny the entire two years I have been on this site! lmao at him...... Just don't let him run over the neighbor's fire hydrant tonight and crash that cadalac SUV!!!!!!!!!

GolferGal -- Did you lock JB into the wine cellar by mistake :eek:)... He has never been this funny the entire two years I have been on this site! lmao at him...... Just don't let him run ove the neighbor's fire hydrant tonight and crash that cadalac SUV!!!!!!!!!

Umm we dont have a cadillac. But we do have wine. hehe

Yes GG, Gray is sitting in his recliner watching the US Open with the laptop in his lap grinning from ear to ear everytime he reads the posts. He's a good sport but there are some times that I want to hide the computer. :D

I am not a betting woman or a risk taker(basically I am pretty boring haha) so I have stayed away from this thread for the most part.

JB - don't reply to Gray's posts so fast. I don't have a chance to edit his spelling. Okay, I'm officially part of the ribbing. :peace2:

265 - 270 straight everytime :eek:)

265 - 270 straight everytime :eek:)

Nope not me my friend, remember my name is Old Gray not "Iron Byron". I think you caught me on a over dose of Miller Lite the night I said I could hit it that far and that straight everytime!!! Now I can poke the ball out there farther than you think on my good days. Just ask old Calloway and SMG. The drive Calloway drover over the pond which was a carry of 307 yards I laid up with a five iron and almost drove it into the pond. The pond was about twenty five yds wide so you can see how far that five iron traveled.
I can poke it pretty good for an old dude but most of the time it takes one of those blue pills :eek:).....:D

You hit a 5-iron about 270-280? :confused2:

Calloway hit a drive over water with a carry of 307? Meaning his total drive had to be well over 320 I am guessing right? Could you be on meds now by chance? I cant wait for him to read this! Writing checks for pesky calloway now.

You hit a 5-iron about 270-280? :confused2:

Yep... SeeMoreGuy knocked his wood in to the left corner down at the corner of the pond and my five iron was just 10 paces off the edge. Of course I chunked it, but hit it over on the next shot and made the putt
t
Calloway hit a drive over water with a carry of 307? Meaning his total drive had to be well over 320 I am guessing right? Could you be on meds now by chance? I cant wait for him to read this! Writing checks for pesky calloway now.

Yep Calloway actually flew the ball over the pond which was at 307 yds. Email SeeMore he was in our foursome... lol It happen dudes and maybe we had a little breeze at our backs but the balls were flying high. I was super proud of my five iron but more impressed with Calloway driving that ball over water that for!!!!!!!!!

Back