Are your clubs fitted?

Are your clubs fitted?

• Of course

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 25 36.8%

• Total voters
Never had any clubs fitted. I am thinking you need to get your swing consistent before you get them fitted, right or wrong?

Never had any clubs fitted. I am thinking you need to get your swing consistent before you get them fitted, right or wrong?

How would you know if your swing is consistent if the clubs are not fit for you? Fitting can change the length if not done right. It could also mean the difference of missing off the toe with every shot and hitting the sweet spot.

There are 2 sides to that. Some say yes,cause if your swing is inconsistent you can't hit the sweet spot.The other side says, If your clubs don't fit,it makes it harder to hit the sweet spot.

Let's look at some examples. Would it be harder to connect on the sweet spot if you should play 1" over and you are playing STD. It is harder to swing the incorrect clubs vs clubs that would fit us.
Also if the lie angles don't fit you and you keep noticing a certain ball flight and decided to correct your swing to alter that flight,Before you look at the swing it could be as simple as incorrect lie angles.
The game is already hard,why not play clubs that could help us play better?

i don't understand why so many think that going through a fitting costs so much money. it's a service that any retailer will offer. they might charge you a bit up front but that comes off the price when you order the clubs. the reason that they charge a little for the fitting is so that someone doesn't come in, take up their time, and then order their clubs on ebay. it's not fair to the retailer, whether they be a large or small outfit.

i've read a lot on the forum lately where fitting prices seem to be way to exaggerated! the only reason i can think that's the case is b/c people either have never inquired into a fitting or they just like to buy their equipment from ebay, rockbottom, wherever. i could care less where you buy your gear, but please! consider going through a fitting, it's more important than you can imagine.

+2. Fitting is important. The PGA Professional at my home course has been doing full fittings for years. Finding someone you can trust is the hard part. Like lessons, I would only want someone I know VERY well or someone certified doing the fitting.

If I used the same club, hit one way right, hit one way left, left one short, hit one too far, I would say that is inconsistent and I don't believe any fitting would help, well maybe just a little. If I was getting it close every time but not quite on the spot I was aiming for, I would say that is also inconsistent and maybe then I would need to get fitted to help me get closer to the spot I was aiming. Just my opinion, your milage may vary.

Since I just have a starter set, I wasn't fitted for my clubs. The BF was fitted for his X18s and I will be too when I'm ready to get new clubs.

It cost me 100 bucks to get fitted. I'm still trying to decide if it was worth it, all they did was bend them back to standard.

Is the cost of fitting included if you purchase clubs?

Yes it should be, when you buy your clubs at the store just mention that you want a fitting and they should do it for free.

I got fitted at the Cally store in Vegas a couple years back. Lucky for me I'm standard lie / length with stiff shaft (graphite, obviously) for their irons... easy peasy. Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 55 for my r7.

1/2 inch longer, and 1 degree up.

And it makes a massive difference. I don't have to dip to get down on the ball, and I lost my fade from how I was striking the ball. Will never buy another set of irons without custom shafts and lie.

No fitting for me. I have been waiting until I can break 100 each time I play. It is a good incentive for me to practice more I love getting new toys!

I'd hoped to get fitted for a driver at the demo day my local club has every summer. I called yesterday to check and they aren't having one this year.

:at-wits-end:

Best place I have found to get fitted is at a demo day. The people doing the fitting have no vested interest in the amount of money you spend, do it for a living, and generally seem to care that you get the right club at the right "size", regardless of how much money you want to spend.

I got fitted at a Dicks and they put me in a 2" over length shaft, and I began to have all kinds of problems hitting the ball off the heel of the club (No kidding? heh) . Went to a demo day and got fitted for the same Nike VR Split cavity's and they put me in a +1 length, +1 up lie. I went and had the shafts redone and the heads bent back down and voila, it was like a whole different world.

I've always been fitted and it makes a difference. I'm 1-2* flat and if I play standard it creates a noticable hook. DEFINATELY worth getting fitted.

Back