What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 person scramble shot even par... OUCH.

I played awful, I couldn't shake a pull-hook off the tee and hit everything fat or thin. Nothing flush.

Only had time for 9 holes today. Shot a 41. I was hitting my new Adams woods/hybrids. They were so easy to hit. I think I will really like them! My putting was good on some holes - had 2 birdies but was not so good on 2 holes where I three putted.

82....again. The kicker of it is I went +2 on the back with 1 bird and 3 bogeys and only 12 putts (Si3!!!). However, managed a stunning +8 on the front with TWO doubles and 4 bogeys. So many dumb shots on the front, I just continually keep costing myself breaking 80 with bonehead moments.

Yo Kevin, my bro told me about your 84...thats sweeeet bro. Keep it up!

82....again. The kicker of it is I went +2 on the back with 1 bird and 3 bogeys and only 14 putts (Si3!!!). However, managed a stunning +8 on the front with TWO doubles and 4 bogeys. So many dumb shots on the front, I just continually keep costing myself breaking 80 with bonehead moments.

Looking on Oobgolf it was actually 14 putts, but 29 total! FIRST time I've EVER broken 30 putts!!!

Played in club championship today and shot a stinking 94. I don't know why I don't play good in these...never do. Oh well, will try to do better tomorrow.

Played with GG and did not play well. Shot 42 on the front and 39 on teh back, but everything just seemed a little off. We were both struggling a bit. It was very humid today, and there was no breeze. Couple that with the fact that it was slow as heck out there and you are in for a tough round. Played some new clubs though.

do tell JB?

Played with GG and did not play well. Shot 42 on the front and 39 on teh back, but everything just seemed a little off. We were both struggling a bit. It was very humid today, and there was no breeze. Couple that with the fact that it was slow as heck out there and you are in for a tough round. Played some new clubs though.

X-24 irons. Was wearing apparel for review too. A brand called Hollas.

sweet so how were the X-24's?

Pretty good. Obviously more coming in review, once I have put them through a full test.

yeah I figured that with the review. was just wondering about your first impressions of them. when you test irons out do you take all of yours out of the bag and try the whole set or just certain clubs?

Take the whole set. On the range I have both to compare distances.

cool look forward to the full review after testing is complete

Played in the company 4-man scramble today. We finished 1st in the 2nd flight with a 5-under 67. We had a terrible day with approach shots, but it worked out with getting 1st in the second flight good for a trophy and a $50 gift card to the course shop which I cashed in for a new shirt. It worked out pretty good, because last year we ended up 4th in the first flight, out of the awards.

I went out today and enjoyed some course time. The course is undergoing a major irrigation install and the first green was under repair so they put a cup in the fairway and called it a green. There are still dead patches and it is in rough shape due to lack of irrigation and continued cold weather. I ended up shooting an 89 thanks to my new wedges. My chipping/pitching was going great and set me up for many one putts (although most putts were to save par).

Shot 91 (44/47). I was walking and it was got pretty humid out there too. Chipping, Hybrids, middle irons were on today and set me up for 6 one putts on front nine. Off the tee with a driver or FW was a completely different story. Didnt fare as well on the back nine but I was still very pleased given the conditions today. I was sucking wind around the 15th hole.

Played at Squaw Creek in Willow Park today and shot my typical 95. If I could get my driver to behave I think I could break 90 semi-regularly instead of rarely. For any of you reading this who are in the Ft. Worth area and haven't tried this course you should give it a try. The course is in great shape, has good bent grass greens and is cheap to play. It cost me $33 today (senior discount) and you can bring your own drinks, beer, whatever.

I don't know how you walk in this heat and humidity! I rode in a cart today and had to keep a cool pad handy all day. It was rough. Upper 90's again tomorrow and my tee time is 1pm. I'm not looking forward to the conditions at all.

Shot 91 (44/47). I was walking and it was got pretty humid out there too. Chipping, Hybrids, middle irons were on today and set me up for 6 one putts on front nine. Off the tee with a driver or FW was a completely different story. Didnt fare as well on the back nine but I was still very pleased given the conditions today. I was sucking wind around the 15th hole.

I kept plenty of water around and drank some gatorade to keep myself hydrated throughout the round. Still the heat was just oppressive; not even a slight breeze today. Maybe tomorrow will at least have a breeze. Right now I am debating on taking a cart tomorrow b/c of the heat.

Good luck tomorrow KellyBo and stay cool. I hope those G15's are still treating you well.

SMG

Sounds like my round SMG. The last few drives were great, but it was a struggle all day with my game today. I scored well, but it was a constant scramble.

Yeah it was brutal here in GA today. Expecting a heat wave with temps in mid-90's but feeling like 100 or close to it most of the week with high humidity. Hey this week if shoot below the daily temp that would be an accomplishment itself. :act-up:

Yeah it was brutal here in GA today. Expecting a heat wave with temps in mid-90's but feeling like 100 or close to it most of the week with high humidity. Hey this week if shoot below the daily temp that would be an accomplishment itself. :act-up:

We had the exact same thing. 91 today but with a "feels like" of over 100. Rare for this area, but its a hot few weeks.

Just after posting a "Break 80 Thread": Had a very weird round I'd like to go hole by hole on Par's in brackets:

Hole 1 (4): Topped a 5 wood off the tee box, was on a downslope and shanked my 4 iron into the rough, shanked another 5 iron, skulled a 7 iron onto the green, 2 putted for double bogey. (+2)
Hole 2 (4): Hit a nice drive down the fairway, hit a really nice 6 iron and came just short of the green, accidently hammered a 50 foot putt and luckily it hit the pin, 1 putted for par (+2)
Hole 3 (4): Hit another drive down the fairway, grips were very wet so my hand slipped and I shanked one short of the green, failed to get up and down, bogey (+3)
Hole 4 (3): Topped another 5 wood down the fairway, had 100 yards to go hit a 52* but failed to make up and down, bogey. (+4)
Hole 5 (5): Hit a nice drive down the centre, hit a 6 iron to layup to the dogleg corner, hit a nice pw to the centre of the green and made the 15 footer for birdie (+3)
Hole 6 (4): Hit another drive down the fairway, hit a terrible push pitching wedge off the green but about pin high, chipped in for birdie (+2)
Hole 7 (4): Another draw down the fairway, had about 185 to go uphill, hit a 4 iron but pushed it to the left, chipped on and tapped in for par (+2)
Hole 8 (3): Hit too much club and just rolled off the back of the green with a 6 iron, putted from the fringe and made my up and down for par (+2)
Hole 9 (5): Hit a drive down the fairway, layed up with a 4 iron but put it into the bunker, hit my bunker shot over the green, chipped up and made up and down for par (+2)

OUT: 38 (+2)

Hole 10 (4): Too much draw that just missed the fairway, hit a 7 iron under a tree onto the green, 2 putt par (+2)
Hole 11 (3): Hit a 4 iron uphill that was nowhere near enough, had a small pitch and hit on but failed to get up and down for par (+3)
Hole 12 (4): Hit a 3 wood down the fairway, and hit a 5 iron from about 174 uphill just right of the green, chipped and made up and down (+3)
Hole 13 (5): Down the fairway, 4 iron layup, pitching wedge on and drained the 14 footer for bird (+2)
Hole 14 (3): 187 uphill, hit a 5 iron onto the green, 2 putt par (+2)
Hole 15 (4): Hit the fairway, somehow came short with a 9 iron from 140, putted from the fringe but came short couldnt make up and down (+3)
Hole 16 (4): Hit another fairway, missed the green on the right with a 9 iron, putted from the fringe again but came short and still couldnt up and down (+4)
Hole 17 (4): Another fairway, just came short of the green with a 5 iron, putted down the slope and 1 putted for par (+4)
Hole 18 (4): Almost hit out of bounds, but behind a ton of trees almost on the club entrance way, no sight of the hole, Chunked a wedge, hit another wedge over trees and 3 putted for double (+6)

IN: 39 (+4)
TOT: 77 (+6)

11/14 FW's
4/18 GIR's (Wow..)
29 Putts

Let me start out this report by saying the course I played today (http://www.championsclubretreat.com) was both new to me and also had a rating of 133, which is probably a bit high for my game but I do like a challange at times. A few details about the course, I knew I was in trouble when the starter this morning greated me with "welcome to hell" kinda perks one up for a round of golf huh? None of the fairways and even worse, none of the greens were flat. Some of the hills on the greens were quite substantial so if you did not hit your ball wth the right speed it either rolled off the green (if you were putting down hill) or roll back to you and then some ( if you were putting up the hill). After playing the course, I would say it was not as challanging as I built it up to be, with the exception of the greens. My old nemesis "dumb shot" came back into play today and helped me reach a score of 115 :angry: . Of the many places he showed up some were the sand trap that took me 3 shots to get out of, the two other sand traps I "fried egged" my ball so it took two shots to get out of, the two holes where I absolutely chunked a chip from within 10 yards off the green, and lets not forget all the 3 putts (at least 5 holes) . :banghead:

On top of all that, I brought my camera to take pics as some of my friend here asked me to and I find that a swich on the camera was set to close up and I did not realize it till 3/4 of the way through the round so needless to say 3/4 of the shots I took are useless because they are all fuzzy and distorted (kinda like my game today :D )

On the good side, I putted two in from the fringe each about 20ft away and for most of the round I did try to play to a number like I have heard JB and TC talking about and it did work on a few holes and defnately the par 5s.

I definately want to go back and take this course on and will in the near future. I hope to knock off at least a dozen shots now that I am familiar with it and I will not there Mr. DS creap into my round again.

For the viewing pleasure of my friends ( and anyone else who might enjoy it) , here are a few pics that did not get messed up. Enjoy!!

Champion0.jpg

Champion1.jpg

Champion2.jpg

Champion5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back