Anyone have bad reviews about the srixon z star or taylormade penta ball? need help

Bridges

Reaction score
Handicap
hello everyone, new member here and this has to be the best golf forum there is... so many nice people and very good info and hands down the greatest site because i mean seriously who gives away free things to there members to try? not many if any but yall do and thats awesome..

but anyways i have been playing a different ball every round for the past year and havent paid much attention to it and its about time i start playing one ball.. i just cant decide on the srixon z star or new penta ball..

only thing i am worried about it how much the penta ball spins off of the driver. (i play a slight draw and sometimes push the ball to the right, no slice just straight push when i dont get my hands lined up right) but i havent seen a bad review about the penta or z star ball yet.. i just want a ball with good distance but main thing is it stops dead on the green no hit and let it roll to the flag just stop dead and the penta seems to be the ball for that but then is it durable enough to play 18 holes without switching to another ball?

anyone happen to a couple extra z stars or pentas laying around they wudnt mind me trying? i will pay for shipping.. just thought id ask, before i spent money on one of em and turns out i cant control them..

thank you for any comments sorry if this is kinda long.. take care...

justin..

I've just recently started playing the Srixon Z-Stars and play them more than than my Precepts. There have been reviews on both of them on THP. Also, at golf stores, you can just buy a sleeve of golf balls instead of the whole dozen :)

BTW :welcome:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?9844-Taylormade-Penta-Trial-Take-2&highlight=srixon+stars There's the Penta review, I'm still looking for the Z-Star.

And here's the Srixon Z-Stars, but in yellow, review: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?9819-Srixon-Z-Star-Tour-Yellow-Review&highlight=srixon

Any thoughts on taking both balls out on the course and deciding based on how you hit it?

I can bet even if I had a review on either of those balls, they'd be different for me than they would for you.

welcome to THP!!! I just started playing with the zstar, i have no complaints yet. Around the green it has been awesome for me.

Welcome to THP. First off, both of those balls are great golf balls. But if you are truly serious about finding a ball that works for you, why not go through a ball fitting. Bridgestone had them all over the country, and if you do not want to play Bridgestone balls, check with local stores. Many offer them for very little and let you hit different balls into a launch monitor to find out which one helps the most for your game.

thank you all for the welcomes..

ya thats what i am going to do is buy a sleeve of both and see which is better for me.. just havent gotten around to buying any yet..

i thought about getting a ball fitted to me at golfsmith and will probably try to do that next time i go, but i mean im a 15 handicapper and i know it wont matter that much of ball choice, but i can feel the difference in the balls i hit and just know exactly what i want in it but just couldnt decide on which one..

(and by the way how do you list what clubs you have under ur posts? all taylormade guy here haha)

ya thats what i am going to do is buy a sleeve of both and see which is better for me.. just havent gotten around to buying any yet..

i thought about getting a ball fitted to me at golfsmith and will probably try to do that next time i go, but i mean im a 15 hanidcapper and i know it wont matter that much of ball choice but i can feel the difference in the balls i hit and just know exactly what i want in it and just couldnt decide on which one..

(and by the way how do you list what clubs you have under ur posts? all taylormade guy here haha)

After 10 posts you'll have the signature option available :)

i thought about getting a ball fitted to me at golfsmith and will probably try to do that next time i go, but i mean im a 15 hanidcapper and i know it wont matter that much of ball choice but i can feel the difference in the balls i hit and just know exactly what i want in it and just couldnt decide on which one..

I think a 15 handicapper (someone that is slightly better than bogey golf) could very much tell a difference in balls.

As for the signature, once you have 10 posts, it opens up in your control panel.

I would have to agree about the ball fitting. I am planning on getting one done next time I am at a Golf Galaxy. I am going back and forth between the pentas and the Z star right now. I really like both balls and it is tough picking one over the other.

ahh ok thanks golf chick and jb!

ya i just have people tell me all the time it doesnt really matter when i actually know i can tell a difference its more of a confidence thing to knowing you trust your ball and not worrying whether or not if its the right one..

which one would you say is more durable out of the 2? both last me 18 + holes before i feel like i need to change?

Both are similar in durability for me. Surprisingly enough, I have played Pentas for 18 full holes with no issues. Both have a urethane soft cover.

Ive been playing the Z-star yellows and I love them! Besides the color I find they perform off the driver and around the greens as good as anything else Ive tried. I used one for my entire round yesterday, which is a feat in itself for me. Good distance with the driver, stop pretty quickly on the greens and feel great off the putter. Pentas are good balls too but Ive found the Z-stars a little better for my game.

thank you i appreciate the quick responses!

any of you be willing to donate a couple to the "justin needs a new ball fund" hahaha

thank you i appreciate the quick responses!

any of you be willing to donate a couple to the "justin needs a new ball fund" hahaha

Actually, a few months ago THP gave out quite a few sleeves of Pentas for trial and to write up your thoughts here on the site. Stay active and Im sure there will be more such opportunities arise. Being in TX you could have taken advantage with the weather being warmer down there.

ya last night i stumbled across the penta and z star reviews and ya the weather is really warm down here. usually 90+ degrees everyday and humid.. but today it feels good. its about 82-85 with a breeze... might be working at a golf course soon being one of the cart guys lol but i will get free golf everyday and 50 percent off the pro shop stuff and one of my buddies already works there so il have someone to golf with everyday..

just gotta find the right golf ball first because literally in my bag there is 9 different brands of titleist balls and 3 nike one platinum balls haha

Both are good balls, but it's tough for anyone to say that they are right for you. I was fortunate enough to be able to test the Penta earlier this year. It was a great ball, but as a beginner, I didn't think it was worth the price. I didn't have any durability issues with it.

Check out the Bridgestone B-Fit online fitting if you can't get a live fitting for awhile. I was surprised how well they narrowed down a good ball for my game.

Check out the Bridgestone B-Fit online fitting if you can't get a live fitting for awhile. I was surprised how well they narrowed down a good ball for my game.

I second that. Plus if you scroll up, you can click the yellow bar and be taken right to a live fitting.

are they all bridgestone balls though? i dont have a problem with that but was trying to find a site that had ball fitting with a every type of brand choice..

I second that. Plus if you scroll up, you can click the yellow bar and be taken right to a live fitting.

I suppose I should have said an in-person fitting. The B-fit is with a live person and you can ask questions.

are they all bridgestone balls though? i dont have a problem with that but was trying to find a site that had ball fitting with a every type of brand choice..

Not sure where you will find that online. B-Stone doesn't restrict your ball choice at their in-person fittings. If they aren't near you, I suppose a retailer is your best bet. Still, you should check out B-fit. It's fun and free.

Welcome to THP! I'll throw my name into the getting ball fitted as well. I just went through the Bridgestone fitting on Wednesday. It's a good experience and couldn't be simpler. Half an hour and you're done. I'd highly recommend it. Like it's been previously said, you don't have to do Bridgestone, but ball fitting none the less is important. The Bridgestone e6 I got fit for gave me 20 yards more off the tee.

i just did the b fit, not the live one and it wudnt give me a recommended ball?

also is there a spot where u can put clubs you have for sell at? i have a odyssey white hot xg 2 ball putter with blue midsized winn pistol grip i am selling and didnt know if there was a spot?

i just did the b fit, not the live one and it wudnt give me a recommended ball?

also is there a spot where u can put clubs you have for sell at? i have a odyssey white hot xg 2 ball putter with blue midsized winn pistol grip i am selling and didnt know if there was a spot?

There's a section for items for sale, The Marketplace, in this section on the forums.

i guess i am just plain stupid because i do not see a thing that says marketplace? lol

The marketplace only opens up to people that have been here for 10 days. Sorry. It is a way to protect forum members.

Back