NHL '09-'10 Season

congrats Chi Town

congrats to the hawks. I'm sad the season is over...

Too bad the fans at the rink had to be a-holes

That's Philly fans doing what they do best!

I'm happy Chicago finished it off in 6.:clapp:

Right on Chicago.

Too bad the fans at the rink had to be a-holes and boo Betty and the cup, as well as Toews getting the CS. Not cool at all.

They'll get over it. It's not like a pee wee team was getting booed.

Chicago deserved to win. They were fresher and the better team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won a championship out of town years back and trust me we got booed but to be honest we didn't even hear it. We were all in the moment of accomplishing something as a team and I'm quite sure with the Hawks could have cared less about the boos. They were holding hockey's holy grail! Congrads to the Hawks. Now comes the awards, draft and free agents who will hold the cup next year at this time??

Last night was awesome. My entire street and adjoining street was blocked off because they are the arterial streets to a major bar scene. Mounted Police were everywhere before and after the game. I watched it with a few of my neighbors and then went out to the corner with everyone else in the neighborhood to celebrate for hours. I woke up around 6 am and there were still groups of people still celebrating on the corner. And of course, there were three public trashcans that were thrown into my building's courtyard. All good fun and celebration.

Go Hawks!

Its pretty cool to see Chicago going from the days where they wouldnt televise their games unless they sold out the arena to this. Congrats to the Hawks, im sure the whole city is hungover right now.

no wonder the bond market sucks today! lol
Its pretty cool to see Chicago going from the days where they wouldnt televise their games unless they sold out the arena to this. Congrats to the Hawks, im sure the whole city is hungover right now.

Congrats to the Hawks, I'm sure the partying is just starting to end!

The Blackhawks' Ticker Tape Parade is today and will run within 2 blocks of my office building today. I am going to try to make it and take some pics if I get a chance.

The Blackhawks' Ticker Tape Parade is today and will run within 2 blocks of my office building today. I am going to try to make it and take some pics if I get a chance.

Can't wait to see the pics!!!

WOW! Just got back from the parade and rally. The parade route essentially wrapped around my building. As it went south of my building I watched it from my office (37th floor). I was able to see the team on a couple double-decker busses and one of the players holding up the StanleyCup. It was likely Byfuglien (due to the larger build) but I cannot be sure.

From there I knew I had about 30 minutes before they would meet Michigan/Wacker (which I can also see from the other side of my floor), so I thought I would head out and walk the 3 blocks. Uhmmm... I got to the lobby and the street in front of my building was already packed, shoulder-to-shoulder with people. I walked through the secret pedway system to get another block closer, but was still unable to get anywhere near the stage.

The number of people at the rally had to be in the MILLIONS!!!

I was able to see a huge bigscreen TV and was close enough to some speakers, which was neat. When Toews and Kane were announced the crowd went crazy. It was loud enough to bust a couple ear drums!

Simply put, it was unbelievable. Pure pandemonium!

Eddie Olczyk said it best: What we have here is a Hat Trick, (1) Chicago is the greatest city in the world; (2) Chicago has the greatest fans in the world: and (3) Now Chicago has the greatest hockey team in the world.

I couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately, none of the pics on my blackberry are worthwile, as I wasn't close enough to see anything.

I went to one of the best baseball games ever tonight!!!

You are probably asking, "why is this dork posting this in the NHL thread?"

Well, because of what transpired at the game.

At tonight's Cubs v. White Sox cross-town classic, the Blackhawks were the stars. About 25 minutes prior to the game, the blackhawks came onto the field. Us fans gave them a full 25-minute standing ovation as they walked around the field with the Cup and greeted both teams. They then stoof for the national anthem and, to put the icing on the cake, they sang at the 7th inning stretch.

There are not many things that bring grown men to tears, but I am not kidding when I say that numerous guys had a few tears in their eyes while this was going on. There is no way to explain it other than to say it was amazing. Pics to come shortly.

Here are the pics of the Stanley Cup CHAMPIONS, the Chicago Blackhawks. They were at the cubs/sox game tonight. I took these from my season tix seats... Sorry the pics are of low quality, taken with blackberry,

Pic 1: The Blackhawks entering the field and under the famous scorboard.
WrigleyCup.jpg

Pic 2: The Coach holding the cup.
coachcup.jpg

Pic 3: The Blackhawks on the pitchers mound with the beloved cubbies and that other team from the southside.
MoundCup.jpg

Pic 4: The Blackhawks
MoundCup2.jpg

One of the things that Eric and I found so disappointing when we moved to IL in fall of 2006 was that none of the Hawks' games were televised. How can you follow a team and root for it when there's no TV support? (We were avid Devils fans when we were in NJ; had season tickets, and even had our pictures taken with Lord Stanley's Cup!). When we arrived here, there was nothing to root for hockeywise. Until Bill Wirtz died. Honestly, that was the best thing that could have happened to Hawks hockey. We started to watch the games, and then when we moved to the city from the 'burbs, we tried to buy season tix but were shut out. I'll guess we'll see about next year.

I bet it will be even more difficult for the season tix next year. You never know though.

Here's to a dynasty!

I tried to get Chicago tickets last year, and could only get the standing room only, must be a tough ticket to get.

We can probably lock this up i guess?

We haven't locked up any other sports season threads, so really no point. It had been a week since anyone else had posted here until you did, so if people just quit posting in it, that pretty much does the job. You created a thread for next season already, so that should be good enough.

Actually, didn't the season just end? There might still be things going on that are related to this season. Aren't there post-season awards and other things that relate back to this season?

Back