Hello form Western NY.

bpipe95

The big stick rules!
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All,

Just getting back into golf after a 10 year vacation. I played seriously (too serious) in High school, and after shoulder surgery my Sr. year and promises were broke while attending collage I walked away from the game.

I played for the first time 2 years ago because my boss made me, and I still did not enjoy it but it was better than work! I played again this past spring and for some reason really found it fun. I have since been back to the local range to hit some balls and work on that "touch" that gets lost oh to fast.

I gotta say things have changed in this game int he past 10 years, the technology in the clubs and equipment has changed 10x over it is just unreal. I had to laugh at my bosses driver when I saw just how large they are now. It is like hitting a VW bug with a freight train!

Anyway, I found the site while doing some reading and it looks like a pretty good site, so why not join?

Once I get some time and confidence back, I will be looking to play some courses here in the Finger Lakes area. If anyone has any recommendations of good, fun, public courses please post them up.

-Brad

Last edited:
Welcome, Brad! THP is very fun and informative.

I spent 7 years in your neck of the woods (well, ok: Buffalo), but I hadn't taken up golf back then so I can't offer and course suggestions. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to offer some advice.

Kim

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome

welcome aboard Brad!

:welcome:

Welcome Brad!!! know your part of the world well. I went to and gradated from U of R

Welcome to THP, Brad!

Welcome. You found the best site for info and the most supportive members on the interwebs. This site keeps it fun.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome. You found the best site for info and the most supportive members on the interwebs. This site keeps it fun.

Fun is what it is all about! (well at least it should be)

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I am looking forward to my stay here @ THP.

Back