ST Jude Classic [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It is officially under way. Who ya got? Who is your darkhorse? Who will disappoint? Lots of WD's for this one, but the field still looks okay to me.

Not a real exciting field IMO. It's expected since it's the week before the U.S. Open.

I took Zach, Goosen, Allenby and Schwartzel as my first round team in the Yahoo game. Ben Crane is probably the only half notable on my reserve team.

Very exciting field for me. Lots of my favs: Camilo (and little bro), Poults, Freddie Jac, Ben Crane, and the young guys Mcilroy and Spieth should be fun to watch.
I love it when neither Tiger nor Phil are in the field. They get to spread the love a little.

• Admin
Robert Allenby just withdrew after 9 holes.

For being the week before the US Open I'm pretty impressed with the field myself. Tons of top tier foreign players who are really fun to watch. Should be a pretty good event.

I have Westwood in my fantasy game.

• Admin
Lee Westwood is -6 through 9.

He was 29 on the front right? Could we see a real low number? The bigger question is, does he realize that it is a 72 hole tournament.

He was 29 on the front right? Could we see a real low number? The bigger question is, does he realize that it is a 72 hole tournament.

Or....does he realize that the big show is next week? Watch him win this week then completely blow it at the US Open.

i hate that lee can't string together four solid rounds. i'd love to see him get over that hump. he's played some unbelievable golf at times and i wouldn't be surprised to see him in contention next week.

btw, the wifey and i have to be in a wedding next weekend. who schedules their wedding on the weekend of the US open and father's day? minimal viewing for me.

btw, the wifey and i have to be in a wedding next weekend. who schedules their wedding on the weekend of the US open and father's day? minimal viewing for me.

That is just WRONG! I think you should have complete freedom to bring a handheld TV and watch during the reception, heck even during the ceremony!

He never does...he is the guy always praying for a rain shortened tournament.

-7 through 10

That is just WRONG! I think you should have complete freedom to bring a handheld TV and watch during the reception, heck even during the ceremony!

we'll be on the road all day thursday, events on friday, wedding on saturday, driving home on sunday! it truly does suck!

Is anybody else a little surprised with some guys that have been playing poorly heading into the Open and that they are not playing here as a tuneup?

Brian Gay is not doing a very good job defending his title here. I hate to say it too because I really like the guy but he finished +3 for the day. He had a triple bogey on 11 (6 on a par 3) and double body on 12 (6 on a par 4). At least he finished strong with a birdie on 15, 16, and 17.

that stinks TC! but I agree with p4b you should get an exemption and your own small screen tv to watch the tourny on all weekend! :act-up:

i

Wow that is UGLY

That has got to HURT.

That has got to HURT.

I would definitely think so. I actually like Charl and I think he is going to do really well, not today obviously, but overall. When I was at the Oven they were all saying that he is the real deal and they have really high hopes for him. They all say the guy has game he just needs to being it here to the US. He plays a lot of Euro events.

As of right now: Camilo +1, Manuel -2...

Nice round by Paddy today!

Back