Tiger to share the TW 11 cover

Wow does it EVER! I don't know if I should get it for wii or 360

I'm torn between PS3 and Wii. I don;t really have the room for the Wii version though....

I would always recommend the next gen console over the wii...downloadable content and online play will be far superior on PS3 and 360.

Excited to hear the review on this one.

Here are some initial thoughts on the game.

The game play is very smooth. Some changes. There is no more cash. It's all about XP points now. This is how you build up your attributes and buy gear. I like the different attributes like swing balance, power boost, swing speed, fade, draw, tempo, touch, and green reading. There are a few more than just the ones I mentioned. You have to be very selective in where you add your points. Also, you can't just do the old tiger vision or power boost any time you want now. You have to build up your focus to use it. I think this is a good move. It makes you be a little more conservative sometimes. If you are hitting good shots the more opportunity you will have to use your focus.

I was checking the gear section and they are pretty up to date with the new clubs, balls, hats, shirts. They even have some Sligo stuff. It's like JB's gear room or something, no see more's or bettinardi though.

They have your normal game modes from past seasons such as pga season, skills challenges, within your career and exhibition, the Ryder cup. Also, all the classic stroke play, match play, battle golf, skins, one ball.

Golfer additions - Boo Weekly, Danny Lee, and Suzann Pettersen. I'm a little disappointed there is no Rickie Fowler (especially since he is in the TW 11 commercials) or Michelle Wie but I'm sure they will be in next year's game.

New courses - Greenbrier, TPC Scottsdale, Whistling Straits, Liberty National, and Celtic Manor.
Same courses as last year's including Bethpage Black.

The Ryder Cup format has good and bad news. The good news is the format is true to life, foursomes, four ball, match play, singles. Being the captain, you can pick who you want to play with. You can adjust per round who you want to send out there depending on how the team is doing. It's pretty sweet having Tiger and your created character take alternate shots. The bad news is they don't have all the American golfers on the team. They put guys like Weir, Ames, Villegas, and Vijay on the US team. Furyk and DiMarco are there. It would be nice to have guys like Mahan, Cink, or Stricker on the squad. The European team is true to life as far as McIlroy, Rose, Poulter, Casey, Monty, Clarke. They could have added guys like Molinari or Ross Fisher.

One thing I really like is that I played a stroke play event at TPC Scottsdale. The 16th hole they booed you if you didn't hit it on the green and cheered you if you did. They could have made that a little livelier but it was still cool they put it in the game.

One other added feature they added is you can see the contours of the green on approach shots. Then, another dynamic is True Aim. You can turn this on or off. Here you don't have a circle on where your shot is going to land. You only have gps distances for your tee shots and approaches. After you hit the ball, you see the ball flight but you have no idea where it lands till you get to the ball. I think this is a more realistic feature that I may tinker around with some more after I play with it awhile.

Overall, I'm impressed with this game. I like it but I'm a TW game fan. I really liked TW 10. I think TW 11 plays a lot like TW 10 but a little smoother with real weather and time changes, along with hair and shirt blowing in the wind. The added formats make replay value very good. I always do the challenges and seasons so it will be interesting to get through those. I may have to up the difficulty level because amateur is pretty easy.

Also, the added bonus is with the game purchase you get a year subscription of Golf Digest or 6 months of Golf World free. It's great because I didn't renew my subscription from the free year I got last year with the Brush Tee's I bought. Now, I get another free year. Woo hoo.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away.

Nice mini-review! I just may have to go and grab this one! I was really curious about which courses got added. No Augusta National? Oh well. Seems worth while to buy.

Thanks. Augusta National would be sweet but I doubt they will ever add it. I hope I'm wrong.

thank you for the review! I was on the fence but those adjustments they made sound great.

I would always recommend the next gen console over the wii...downloadable content and online play will be far superior on PS3 and 360.
Gameplay>Graphics and DLC

I was checking the gear section and they are pretty up to date with the new clubs, balls, hats, shirts. They even have some Sligo stuff.

Is it possible to get a screen shot of the Sligo stuff? Im dying to see it. I think the guys at Sligo would be as well.

Here are some initial thoughts on the game.

The game play is very smooth. Some changes. There is no more cash. It's all about XP points now. This is how you build up your attributes and buy gear. I like the different attributes like swing balance, power boost, swing speed, fade, draw, tempo, touch, and green reading. There are a few more than just the ones I mentioned. You have to be very selective in where you add your points. Also, you can't just do the old tiger vision or power boost any time you want now. You have to build up your focus to use it. I think this is a good move. It makes you be a little more conservative sometimes. If you are hitting good shots the more opportunity you will have to use your focus.

I was checking the gear section and they are pretty up to date with the new clubs, balls, hats, shirts. They even have some Sligo stuff. It's like JB's gear room or something, no see more's or bettinardi though.

They have your normal game modes from past seasons such as pga season, skills challenges, within your career and exhibition, the Ryder cup. Also, all the classic stroke play, match play, battle golf, skins, one ball.

Golfer additions - Boo Weekly, Danny Lee, and Suzann Pettersen. I'm a little disappointed there is no Rickie Fowler (especially since he is in the TW 11 commercials) or Michelle Wie but I'm sure they will be in next year's game.

New courses - Greenbrier, TPC Scottsdale, Whistling Straits, Liberty National, and Celtic Manor.
Same courses as last year's including Bethpage Black.

The Ryder Cup format has good and bad news. The good news is the format is true to life, foursomes, four ball, match play, singles. Being the captain, you can pick who you want to play with. You can adjust per round who you want to send out there depending on how the team is doing. It's pretty sweet having Tiger and your created character take alternate shots. The bad news is they don't have all the American golfers on the team. They put guys like Weir, Ames, Villegas, and Vijay on the US team. Furyk and DiMarco are there. It would be nice to have guys like Mahan, Cink, or Stricker on the squad. The European team is true to life as far as McIlroy, Rose, Poulter, Casey, Monty, Clarke. They could have added guys like Molinari or Ross Fisher.

One thing I really like is that I played a stroke play event at TPC Scottsdale. The 16th hole they booed you if you didn't hit it on the green and cheered you if you did. They could have made that a little livelier but it was still cool they put it in the game.

One other added feature they added is you can see the contours of the green on approach shots. Then, another dynamic is True Aim. You can turn this on or off. Here you don't have a circle on where your shot is going to land. You only have gps distances for your tee shots and approaches. After you hit the ball, you see the ball flight but you have no idea where it lands till you get to the ball. I think this is a more realistic feature that I may tinker around with some more after I play with it awhile.

Overall, I'm impressed with this game. I like it but I'm a TW game fan. I really liked TW 10. I think TW 11 plays a lot like TW 10 but a little smoother with real weather and time changes, along with hair and shirt blowing in the wind. The added formats make replay value very good. I always do the challenges and seasons so it will be interesting to get through those. I may have to up the difficulty level because amateur is pretty easy.

Also, the added bonus is with the game purchase you get a year subscription of Golf Digest or 6 months of Golf World free. It's great because I didn't renew my subscription from the free year I got last year with the Brush Tee's I bought. Now, I get another free year. Woo hoo.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away.

Wouldn't Sligo have to license their stuff to EA? I'm sure they did but either way that's huge for Sligo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't Sligo have to license their stuff to EA? I'm sure they did but either way that's huge for Sligo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One would think right?

My apologies, I'm officially fired as fashion guru of the game. I just did a once over all the shirts. They do not have Sligo gear. Some Nike stuff that is trying to look like Sligo. The full apparel line is Nike, TW, Adidas, Quagmire, J. Lindeberg, Oakley, Ashworth, and Loud Mouth.

And Bobby Jones

I haven't really made it much further than the first levels of the three unlocked challenges, and the club tuner section. I like the club tuner/practive area. It is very much like what you see on TV, you can tinker with club specs and see the results, to fine tune things to your abilities. I think their wedges are alittle off in the distance gaps. I currently have 4 in my bag and only one wood.

Bought this game and it is unreal. It seems as though you cant overpower these courses because you have focus meter that gets used up through turbo, spin and tigervision. I liek how if you have enought focus, you can tigervision twice, but you really need to learn to become a shotmaker without using turbo. Also, you dont control clubface, you control the spot you hit the ball. same thing pretty much.

Back