Tour Tempo Training Aid

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
On one of our shows of "In The Rough w/JB and Golfer Gal" We had a gentleman on named John Novosel, Jr. and he was telling us about a training aid he and his dad created called Tour Tempo. Well a unit just arrived at our office and I am excited to take this to the range.

It's a little device that fits on your ear and plays tones to help you with your swing/putt tempo. It comes with a detailed DVD that goes over all sorts of drills you can do to help you get better tempo for better ball striking. Below are some pictures as well as a link to their website:

http://www.tourtempo.com/

893096025_USBjv-L-1.jpg

893096070_8JgmZ-L-1.jpg

893096098_G2q42-L-1.jpg

Last edited:
Neat little gadget. You'll have to let me know how it works for your swing GG :good:

I absolutely will and we should have at least one for the demo day at the Fall Outing (fingers crossed)

If so, that would be AWESOME! Lets keep this with the ladies :wink:

• Admin
What's really cool about this product is that it eliminates so many of those swing thoughts we all often have going on in our heads. Instead of thinking of 10 different things you just listen to the beeps and have a more fluid swing.

What's really cool about this product is that it eliminates so many of those swing thoughts we all often have going on in our heads. Instead of thinking of 10 different things you just listen to the beeps and have a more fluid swing.

That's so awesome!! And def. what I'm looking for. Looks like it would help tremendously! Lord only knows how many swing thoughts I've got going in my head during my swing!

• Admin
That's so awesome!! And def. what I'm looking for. Looks like it would help tremendously! Lord only knows how many swing thoughts I've got going in my head during my swing!

same here. I spend more time thinking about my swing then actually swinging.

I was looking at this after listening to his interview. I saw he had an iphone/ipod touch app that looked good. Let us know how this works.

I don't know if it is the same as this product, but I have been using a small metronome for years. They are about $10 bucks on Amazon. I use it mostly for putting drills. It is the same size as a divot tool. I think it helps me and Lord knows I need all the help I can get.

Let us know how this works.

It'll work...I don't have the player, but I do have the tempo tracks loaded onto my iPod. Not quite the Rosetta Stone of golf, but an important step toward understanding what a real golf swing is.

It worked well for putting I used it yesterday on the putting green. I was charging it yesterday so I didn't get to take it to the range but I will be trying it out today at the range. I have terrible tempo and I have a million swing thoughts so I am really looking forward to giving this a try.

So I took this out to the range today to try it out. I think it's going to take a few range sessions to get used to it. I have struggled my entire life with coordination. I would get lost during the stretching routine at an aerobics class so trying to stay with the beeps was a bit hard for me. It does help you keep your mind free of swing thoughts, though. Instead of thinking about hip turns, hinging my wrist, shoulder turn, etc...all I was thinking about was moving to the beeps. I just had trouble keeping in tune with the beeps which I guess is part of why my tempo is off.

So I took this out to the range today to try it out. I think it's going to take a few range sessions to get used to it. I have struggled my entire life with coordination. I would get lost during the stretching routine at an aerobics class so trying to stay with the beeps was a bit hard for me. It does help you keep your mind free of swing thoughts, though. Instead of thinking about hip turns, hinging my wrist, shoulder turn, etc...all I was thinking about was moving to the beeps. I just had trouble keeping in tune with the beeps which I guess is part of why my tempo is off.

Hmm...that could be problematic. Instead of swing thoughts, now you've got beeps to worry about. Can you change the tone/sound of the beeps? How does it know if you're putting or doing a full swing?

Hmm...that could be problematic. Instead of swing thoughts, now you've got beeps to worry about. Can you change the tone/sound of the beeps? How does it know if you're putting or doing a full swing?

you change the speed of the beeps based on what you are doing so it can go slow for putter and fast for driver and a whole bunch in between. Removing swing thoughts is a great thing. A lot of golfers get hung up on swing thoughts and this helps to make you have a more fluid swing without having to think of a million things.

So there are a series of beeps throughout the swing?

Is it unique to various swing speeds?

There are different tone speeds to choose from, but they all maintain the 3:1 ratio that the inventor has found to be ideal.

I love the tourtempo iphone app. listen to it all the time when im on my way to the course

Discovered this via the golf.com article yesterday. I am all in about this concept, can't wait to try it.

Quite interesting - looked over some vids from this spring when I was hitting it really flush. I filmed it with an HD camera, so I get good frames and so on. Looked at about a dozen swings and color me surprised - when I hit it well, I was clicking at 24/8. When I didn't...22 or 23/8. My miss is usually cutting across a bit and losing it out to the right or pulling left and it always coincided with poor tempo. Will work on this today using the Tour Tempo.

I checked this out after hearing it talked about on PGA Tour Radio this morning, and it has me interested. The android / iPhone app runs @ $24.95. Anyone have an update on this product or the phone apps specifically?

I checked this out after hearing it talked about on PGA Tour Radio this morning, and it has me interested. The android / iPhone app runs @ $24.95. Anyone have an update on this product or the phone apps specifically?

Works great on my iPod. Pick the preferred tempo and go. I use wireless headphones just to avoid the wonderful feeling of abrupt headphone removal

I bought this about 3 months ago and I really feel like it works well. Now my main swing thought is just the beats that correspond to the proper tempo. It has helped me quite a bit. I know the app is expensive, but I feel like it is worth it.

Is this the app that sounds like a Casio keyboard?

Is this the app that sounds like a Casio keyboard?

That would be correct! If you get this app, you will have a hard time hitting a shot without hearing those tones in your head. It is great!

Back