Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to go :eek:fftopic: but Ultimate Warrior had no "skill" whatsoever!!!

You take that back. Ultimate Warrior was one of the best wrestlers of his time. Like Smalls said, he did it the right way, steroid free.
the-ultimate-warrior-champion.jpg

was this pic taken before or after the steroids era in base........er I mean wrestling?

You take that back. Ultimate Warrior was one of the best wrestlers of his time. Like Smalls said, he did it the right way, steroid free.
the-ultimate-warrior-champion.jpg

It seemed like a natural transition for Anderson. Lots of guys go from 16 homeruns to 50 in one year. Hell Louis Gonzalez hit 57 one year, steroid free.

Well, tonight is the night that Steven Strasburg makes his debut and MLB Network is going to have it televised. This will be one of the few time the Nats and Bucs will share the national spotlight. How does he do?
It would be funny to see him get shelled and not make it out of the first but I am thinking he goes 6 with 2 earned runs and 7 k's.

I have not seen that much of Strasburg but what I have seen has been impressive. The kid can pitch!!

Last night Carlos Silva, of my beloved cubbies, became the first cub's pitcher since 1967 to go 8-0. He is on fire and pretty much the only redeming factor in our current rotation. The best part is that it only cost us Bradley to get Silva. Great trade!

I wish I was in DC right now, I would def be at this game. I think he supposed to start in Atlanta in late august so I may have ot def make it to that one. I hope he does well

Last night Carlos Silva, of my beloved cubbies, became the first cub's pitcher since 1967 to go 8-0. He is on fire and pretty much the only redeming factor in our current rotation. The best part is that it only cost us Bradley to get Silva. Great trade!

Even if he tanked the rest of the season, the Cubs got the better end of that deal. Rothschild has done a good job with him.

[YOUTUBE]BWp_K2rvUXQ&feature[/YOUTUBE]

PHILADELPHIA (AP)

A video snippet from a Philadelphia Phillies broadcast appears to show a little boy in the stands taking a drink from a beer bottle, but the team thinks it was probably empty.

The fuzzy video making the rounds online shows the child putting the bottle to his lips at Sunday's Phillies-Padres game at Citizens Bank Park. No one nearby appears to be paying attention to him when he does. It's not clear whether the bottle has anything in it.

Phillies spokeswoman Bonnie Clark says the team hasn't been able to identify the boy. She says it appears to be "a very brief event, probably involving an empty bottle.''

Police say they are not investigating.

Phillies fans have brought unfavorable publicity to the ballclub this year. In April, a drunken fan intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl. In May, a police officer used a Taser on a teenager who ran onto the field.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Video-shows-young-boy-drinking-beer-at-Phillies-game-060810

lol Philly rocks!

A video snippet from a Philadelphia Phillies broadcast appears to show a little boy in the stands taking a drink from a beer bottle, but the team thinks it was probably empty.

Phillies fans have brought unfavorable publicity to the ballclub this year. In April, a drunken fan intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl. In May, a police officer used a Taser on a teenager who ran onto the field.

I didnt expect anything from Silva. At the beginning of the season i figured he would be replaced by Lilly when he came off the DL, but he has been a great surprise.
Go Cubbies !!!

Strasburg era begins tonight!

I'm torn whether to yell 'great parenting!', 'chug chug chug'', or 'nice sippy cup, kid!'

Spoiler
no, this is not my baby video or my kid

lol Philly rocks!

I didnt expect anything from Silva. At the beginning of the season i figured he would be replaced by Lilly when he came off the DL, but he has been a great surprise.
Go Cubbies !!!

Nobody expected anything from him. We just wanted to get rid of Bradley. And because Seattle wanted to get rid of Silva, everyone thought of him as little more than a throw-away. Even when Silva was 4-0, the bar-talk was still that Silva was just in his honeymoon stage and would soon falter badly. I don't think anyone can say that he has not beaten their expectations so far.

I'm torn whether to yell 'great parenting!', 'chug chug chug'', or 'nice sippy cup, kid!'

Spoiler
no, this is not my baby video or my kid
I thought it was awesome. People need to lighten up a little.

the worst of these three by far is the scumbag intentionally vomiting on the kid. if I was her dad I would have gone medievil on his ass!

lol Philly rocks!

Wow, Strasburg is lighting it up against AAA Pittsburgh. 4k's thru 2 and looks ridiculously good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strasburg is sick. He's throwing 99-100 then follows it with a 12-6 curve.

That curve ball is nasty and the movement on his fast ball is too. Maybe he deserved all of this hype.

Strasburg still throwing heat, 14K's through 7 innings. Are they going to let him go the distance?

They took the kid out. As Kenny Mayne said, Strasburg is going to get his name in the paper.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that Bryce Harper, probably the first overall pick in Mondays draft, paints his face like the Ultimate Warrior?
bryce-harper.jpg

I think he looks ridiculous. I mean really, cant you find another way to be unique besides trying to look like sitting bull?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back