Adams Idea Super Black Hybrid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I love the look of that hybrid. I'll be giving this a whack when I go into hybrid testing mode. Thanks for another great review!

Yeah, good stuff.

A pity I've yet to find a store here in Euroland that carries Adams products. Somewhat strange considering all the good things I keep hearing about their equipment.

I love the look of that hybrid. I'll be giving this a whack when I go into hybrid testing mode. Thanks for another great review!

hopefully you can give at a good testing at the outing.

Another great review JB! How was the grip off the tee and off the fairway? I'm assuming it was ok, seeing as you didn't mention it opposed to the rough? What did you replace it with?

• Admin
Winn PCI grip. The grip was okay in other areas, but as with many stock grips, it has little "grip".

Winn PCI grip. The grip was okay in other areas, but as with many stock grips, it has little "grip".

Thanks JB. I've never had too many problems with my stock grips, but I understand what you're saying. I'm thinking about picking up some midsize grips just for the comfort factor. My Dad's clubs have midsize grips and they feel so much better in hand than my stock ones. Still on the fence about it though so we'll see.

• Admin
Thanks JB. I've never had too many problems with my stock grips, but I understand what you're saying. I'm thinking about picking up some midsize grips just for the comfort factor. My Dad's clubs have midsize grips and they feel so much better in hand than my stock ones. Still on the fence about it though so we'll see.

Perhaps that has to do with climate.

Do it! The Winn PCI Grip is wonderful. Right now I have that grip on all my clubs except my new Driver and Niblick. I find it easier to grip, and I don't have to grip as tight which means better control. Typically golf stores (in Canada at least) have sales around the Feb time frame on grips and installation.

Good timing...I ordered a 17º and 21º this morning. The nice thing for me is Adams can make them 2º upright.

Humid conditions can wreak havoc on slipping of hands during play.

Do it! The Winn PCI Grip is wonderful. Right now I have that grip on all my clubs except my new Driver and Niblick. I find it easier to grip, and I don't have to grip as tight which means better control. Typically golf stores (in Canada at least) have sales around the Feb time frame on grips and installation.

I'm not a huge fan of Winn grips, never really ever have been. I don't really like the feel of them. My Dad's and Uncle's clubs have Lamkin grips so I'm kinda leaning towards those or maybe some Golf Prides. I'm think of heading over to Golf Town and have a look at what they've got. Probably look tomorrow as I've got my Bridgstone ball fitting then. Kill two birds with one stone.

Great review, saw it on facebook this morning. I love Adams gear, my bro has a set of Adams irons. I don't care for the graphte shafts he got for them, but the clubs are sweet.

Just curious how the black finish holds up after use?

Just curious how the black finish holds up after use?

As you can imagine when you have as many testers try these out as we do, they get kind of beat up. But here is the finish after over 20 people tested it both on the course and range combined. I think it holds up rather well. Keep in mind, this is an extreme closeup.

894356666_DGyv3-L.jpg

JB, I take it this hybrid didn't make you think from switching from the DST? How do the distances compare between the two?

I need one to give me 225 with a 104mph swing speed to fill a gap in my bag.

You are a longer hitter than me, so I am not sure I can help with distances. And of course there are more to distance than SS.

I like the way the Cleveland DST performs for me, so I wont be changing, but this is one really good hybrid.

Looks like someone caught one off the toe. I much prefer the standard hosel rocket myself :)

JB, I take it this hybrid didn't make you think from switching from the DST? How do the distances compare between the two?

I need one to give me 225 with a 104mph swing speed to fill a gap in my bag.

You are a longer hitter than me, so I am not sure I can help with distances. And of course there are more to distance than SS.

I like the way the Cleveland DST performs for me, so I wont be changing, but this is one really good hybrid.

I dunno JB, you hit your 3H 227 yards on Sunday at the outing. Overshot the green if I remember correctly! (I know, that's not normal!)

I dunno JB, you hit a 3H 227 yards on Sunday at the outing. Overshot the green if I remember correctly! (I know, that's not normal!)

That is the problem and was that day, it was 20 yards further than it normally goes...hehe

Wow, were you trying to test the forgiveness of that thing? One of those looks like it barely made contact with the club.

I had a chance to hit this while I was in FL visiting THP HQ and its everything JB says it is. Very strong club and super easy to hit. I'll stick with my current hybrids but if I was in the market right now Id probably give this club the edge.

Not that I can say much, I always have a couple of those a day

Back